Hi im new here and need help

• Thread starter Ky221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Ky221

I am new to this growing and I am now at the stage off my plants starting to bud but they have been like this for a while!

Can use help advise me on what to do to make the bids get bigger as these are auto seeds and I really would like to see buds come from this.

Please SEND HELPPPPPP. Haha

Thanks in advance.

Hi im new here and need help
Hi im new here and need help 2
Hi im new here and need help 3
Hi im new here and need help 4
Hi im new here and need help 5
Hi im new here and need help 6
K

Ky221

Your plant looks healthy enough to bud nicely. What strain is it and how much light is it getting? How long since it started showing flowers/ buds?
I’ve got 3 different plants on the go they are northern light, amnisia haze and bilberry. Am on a 24 hour light on as it’s auto sees? But ain’t to sure if that’s right? And it started budding about a week and a half ago.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Only flowering for about 10 days? I think you're good, the plants look very healthy. Green top to bottom.

My experience with autos is zero, but I still have a hard time grappling with the idea of 24 hours light.

K

Ky221

Only flowering for about 10 days? I think you're good, the plants look very healthy. Green top to bottom.

My experience with autos is zero, but I still have a hard time grappling with the idea of 24 hours light.
@Kraken.headz yeah around 10 days mate. Ahhh right that’s a positive then as this is my first grow.

So do you think the 24 hours of light is a good thing or a bad thing?

How long does it take for the plants to bud properly once they are at this stage. How long you think I have left? Because it’s took me a while to get to this stage?

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I would guess you have somewhere between 6-8 weeks left, but again I have no experience with autos.

I know many people do run 24 hours of light, but I also know lots of plant development happens in the dark cycle. Hopefully someone with more experience in this department will chime in, but personally I'd be giving them a 4-6 hour dark period

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If you’re getting buds with 24 hours of light they are definitely autos. They look about right for 10 days into flowering.

K

Ky221

I would guess you have somewhere between 6-8 weeks left, but again I have no experience with autos.

I know many people do run 24 hours of light, but I also know lots of plant development happens in the dark cycle. Hopefully someone with more experience in this department will chime in, but personally I'd be giving them a 4-6 hour dark period

@Kraken.headz thanks for your advice I might try the 4-6 hours in darkness and see how it goes I just don’t want to mess it up as it’s the first that I have ever done.

K

Ky221

If you’re getting buds with 24 hours of light they are definitely autos. They look about right for 10 days into flowering.
@Oldguy71 so you think I should keep it on 24 hours light or give it some dark time aswell?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Auto flowers are not light controlled like regs or fems. All plants need that dark period. It’s during this time that they make certain hormones and use certain ones. I would for sure give it that six hours of darkness.
Looking at leaf size, I see this one leans heavily to a sativa side, they have longer bloom periods than a heavy leaning indica. They will get bigger and much fatter before they are completely ripe.
@Oldguy71 so you think I should keep it on 24 hours light or give it some dark time aswell.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’d say leave it at 24 unless problems come up. Lots of people have successful grows both ways and most are firmly committed to what they think is best. I’ve done both in veg with photo plants and couldn’t tell a difference good or bad.

K

Ky221

Auto flowers are not light controlled like regs or fems. All plants need that dark period. It’s during this time that they make certain hormones and use certain ones. I would for sure give it that six hours of darkness.
Looking at leaf size, I see this one leans heavily to a sativa side, they have longer bloom periods than a heavy leaning indica. They will get bigger and much fatter before they are completely ripe.
@CannaGranny do you grow using Autos? I think I will start giving it 6 hours of darkness it can’t cause any problems if I was to do it than to if I was to keep it on 24 hours will it?

K

Ky221

I’d say leave it at 24 unless problems come up. Lots of people have successful grows both ways and most are firmly committed to what they think is best. I’ve done both in veg with photo plants and couldn’t tell a difference good or bad.
@Oldguy71 Ahhh so I might aswell change the light cycle and see what happens can only go wrong and learn for next time ha.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Counter argument is to leave it since that is maximum DLI for that light and the plant seems to be doing fine.

More DLI more yeild.

Top Bottom