Hi just harvested plants 8 days ago

• Thread starter Cheddar1991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheddar1991

Hi I harvested plants 8 days ago and the stems are alreading snapping. Quite hot over here in the uk. I hung plants whole and then after 4 days they crisped up.. temps were 27c and 55 humidity. I boxed them brown papers bags to try slow down. I've just jarred them up for cure will they pull through and be ok? Can I add a fan leaf in or orange peel or just Leave to cure.?

Also I just harvested 8 plants and got 26oz dry weight. Under 2 x 450w led lights. Growing in soil (canna terra proffesional) in 12 litre pots. (3.2 us gallon) using monkey nutrients a and b monkey stress monkey rootshoot monkey boots and monkey pk. Each strain should have been good yielders.
Barney's farm pineapple chunk.
Gelato.

Is that quite a bad yield ? How can I improve on this ? I veg minimum 6 weeks more 7-8 weeks.

1st harvest in summer time so bit tricky to get things dialed in.
Thanks

Edit: I'm storing the bud in glass jars and can't get the temps below 22 c anywhere in the house.

This might be completed stupidness but I may aswell say it.

Could I fill a tub of water up and get the water temp @ 14-16c then pop the jars in the water leaving the water 2 inch below the seal of jar?
Could just change the water everytime it's get cooler ?

Or is that completely retarded thinking?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I know what you mean about the heat here atm 🥵

You could pop them in water however I doubt it will help as you won’t be able to add enough cold water before they tip over unless you rig something up

Anyways the main reason I replied was because “ I boxed them brown papers bags to try slow down “

Cardboard and brown paper will actually speed up the drying and not slow it down the paper will pull the moisture out quicker and make the smoke harsher.

Saying that I had to stick one in a cardboard box because it stunk and I hadn’t sorted out my drying room and with my neighbour being anti cannabis I had to do something temporarily while I fixed a fan and it was harsher as expected but not so much I didn’t enjoy it.

Now with the weather here if your drying without expensive equipment it’s not ideal at all the plants dry faster like your 4 days is to fast but I know you can’t do much about it without spending £ like it’s going outa fashion

3.25 0z per plant that’s not bad.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You want to be careful when drying and jarring by the seat of your pants. Sometimes what you think is dry isn’t as dry as you think. Those little mini hygrometers can help get you into the ballpark with that. One of the last things you want to do is jar them up when they are still too wet. Congrats on your harvest.

C

Cheddar1991

I know what you mean about the heat here atm 🥵

You could pop them in water however I doubt it will help as you won’t be able to add enough cold water before they tip over unless you rig something up

Anyways the main reason I replied was because “ I boxed them brown papers bags to try slow down “

Cardboard and brown paper will actually speed up the drying and not slow it down the paper will pull the moisture out quicker and make the smoke harsher.

Saying that I had to stick one in a cardboard box because it stunk and I hadn’t sorted out my drying room and with my neighbour being anti cannabis I had to do something temporarily while I fixed a fan and it was harsher as expected but not so much I didn’t enjoy it.

Now with the weather here if your drying without expensive equipment it’s not ideal at all the plants dry faster like your 4 days is to fast but I know you can’t do much about it without spending £ like it’s going outa fashion

3.25 0z per plant that’s not bad.
Do you think the cure could help get rid of harshness ? I haven't smoked it yet don't want to either don't want to get the hump. Yeah exactly comes down to the £ I would have bought an ac unit for it but just running the thing will cost and arm and a leg with all the other bits I have going on. Someone told me paper bags cardboard will slow it down ?.

I've got black buckets with lids I've just been black bucketing them for 12 hours back onto dry rack then back into bucket trying to let the moisture distribute more even.

Thanks for reply

C

Cheddar1991

You want to be careful when drying and jarring by the seat of your pants. Sometimes what you think is dry isn’t as dry as you think. Those little mini hygrometers can help get you into the ballpark with that. One of the last things you want to do is jar them up when they are still too wet. Congrats on your harvest.
They are snapping cleaning still on stem but getting a nice popping sound with it still attached but broke if you get what I mean lol.

Thanks for reply.

C

Cheddar1991

What do you guys get out of a 1.2x1.2 tent under 450w leds or around that?
Growing in soil to.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Cured it will be nicer.
Fast dried will always be harsher tbh even after the cure the slower ( to a point) the better that said it shouldn’t be that bad bud

No idea why someone would say it would slow it down.
Just be sure you burp the jars as 4 days seems very fast for them to be dry inside.

Oh yeah don’t forget to enjoy the harvest 🙂

Last edited:
C

Cheddar1991

Cured it will be nicer. No idea why someone would say it would slow it down.
Just be sure you burp the jars as 4 days seems very fast for them to be dry inside
Sorry I meant I chopped them 8 days ago.. crisped up in 4 days.- then in and out of cardboard and black buckets for 4 days.. then into jars today which is the 8th day still seem a bit to soon ? The snaps are nicely snapping..

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
8 days and in a paper for 4 they should be dry with the heat and the paper quicking up the drying.

Hold up re reading you put them in black buckets with the lid on or off

C

Cheddar1991

4 days hung as a hole plant
Then 2 days in and out of black buckets with lid on to make the sweat the moisture out. Then in and out of boxes for 2 days. Trying to keep the hot air off them.

Thanks sorry for confusion

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Be careful putting them in black buckets with the lid on it’s a easy way to invite mould and it can happen overnight if there’s a lot of moisture.

C

Cheddar1991

Be careful putting them in black buckets with the lid on it’s an easy way to invite mould and it can happen overnight if there’s a lot of moisture.
I just smoked one and it didn't do much in the high .. can the potency increase with the cure.? Not to sure wether it's fully dry to. Could they play a part?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Sorry to hear that

Yes if it’s not dry it won’t be as tasty or give you the same type high as it would if it was dry. There both strong strains ( pineapple chunk & gelato ) is it possible you harvested to early how long did you flower them for

Thinking it over if it’s wet it will have quite a impact on the strength

Last edited:
C

Cheddar1991

Sorry to hear that

Yes if it’s not dry it won’t be as tasty or give you the same type high as it would if it was dry. There both strong strains ( pineapple chunk & gelato ) is it possible you harvested to early how long did you flower them for

Thinking it over if it’s wet it will have quite a impact on the strength
At 9 weeks I harvested them? It feels dry but I assume it's still probably a tad wet in the centre maybe.

Thanks

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Ok

I was thinking about your predicament
Curing won’t make it stronger it will only make it taste better and less harsh.

If it’s cause it’s wet all and turns out better in a few days when it’s dried all and good 👍

It came to mind you must of had a fair bit of trim don’t know if you know but you can make ice water bubblehash from it you only get 10% back but boy is it nice and has a strong high

The photos of a small bit I made ages back am waiting on my harvest witch should be in a few days to make some more 🙂

EF9C642E C60D 4FF8 8D9D AC9BC5662EB4
Top Bottom