Hi My Name Is Justin Im New To The Growing Scene And I Need Help

• Thread starter justinG456
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justinG456

justinG456

I can wait to see the tricomes on my plant it will be amazing to be able to grow my first plant cause ive tried to grow multiple times n failed cause of not using the right feed or not enough sunlight plus they'res airplanes that fly around here u know what I mean... lol :party1:

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Looks like a platinum light
I was thinking it looked like a kind led

I spent 10k on mine but I'm sure you can build 1 for less 1k
Well less than $100.00 EACH for a tent and light panel. Reserve maybe $200.00 for exhaust fan, intake fan, tds meter, pH meter, nutrients, soil, and your good to go :) Idk about hydro. I'm only on my second serious grow.
PS Woops sorry. Replied to wrong member

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I can wait to see the tricomes on my plant it will be amazing to be able to grow my first plant cause ive tried to grow multiple times n failed cause of not using the right feed or not enough sunlight plus they'res airplanes that fly around here u know what I mean... lol :party1:
Using the good free sun to your advantage is undoubtedly the way to do it if at all possible. All I would grow is weed in my front yard if I could do that.

justinG456

justinG456

fuck yeah I don't have any bud rn atm which is why Im growing also I love the plants that god gave us to use as medicine
:party1:

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Tree monkeys?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

You never heard of "12/12 from seed"? The benefit will be shorter harvest time and more gender variety. Drawback of course being that I'll get less yield per plant (hopefully at least 20g per plant). In the same box, I grew 5 trained plants and 4 of them turned out to be male :( Plant #5 is all that remains of them (in pic)

20170727 204020
Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You never heard of "12/12 from seed"? The benefit will be shorter harvest time and more gender variety. Drawback of course being that I'll get less yield per plant (hopefully at least 20g per plant). In the same box, I grew 5 trained plants and 4 of them turned out to be male :( Plant #5 is all that remains of them (in pic)
No son Ive never heard of 12/12 from seed. And I couldnt imagine my plant only producing 20 grams..
I understand why a person would want short plants but you can scrog 1 plant and get the same result...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

you been reading
grow weed easy
tutorials..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Is 12-12 From Seed Worth It?

by Nebula Haze

Is 12/12 from seed worth it? Is it a good way to get big yields as quickly as possible? In a word, no... but there is truth to the idea behind initiating the flowering stage as soon as possible! When modified slightly, the same basic technique will give you much bigger yields while adding little to no extra time before harvest.

A "12 /12" light schedule means giving your plant 12 hours light & 12 hours darkness each day (this initiates the cannabis flowering stage)

If you haven't heard this term before, "12/12 from seed" means giving your cannabis seedling 12 hours of light, and 12 hours of dark each day from the moment of germination. Providing a 12/12 light schedule initiates the flowering stage and causes cannabis plants to start making buds. The idea is to get a new seedling to start flowering as quickly as possible, so it takes less time to harvest.

There's just one major problem... 12/12 from seed causes stunted growth and small yields. This results in yields that are often less than 1 ounce per plant, even under strong grow lights.

This seedling took 4 months from seed to harvest, and yielded only 1/2 of an ounce. I think it looks kind of cool, but 1/2 ounces is not a good harvest after waiting so long. You can double or triple your total yields per plant by tweaking the light schedule a little during the first few weeks

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Is 12-12 From Seed Worth It?

by Nebula Haze

Is 12/12 from seed worth it? Is it a good way to get big yields as quickly as possible? In a word, no... but there is truth to the idea behind initiating the flowering stage as soon as possible! When modified slightly, the same basic technique will give you much bigger yields while adding little to no extra time before harvest.

A "12 /12" light schedule means giving your plant 12 hours light & 12 hours darkness each day (this initiates the cannabis flowering stage)

If you haven't heard this term before, "12/12 from seed" means giving your cannabis seedling 12 hours of light, and 12 hours of dark each day from the moment of germination. Providing a 12/12 light schedule initiates the flowering stage and causes cannabis plants to start making buds. The idea is to get a new seedling to start flowering as quickly as possible, so it takes less time to harvest.

There's just one major problem... 12/12 from seed causes stunted growth and small yields. This results in yields that are often less than 1 ounce per plant, even under strong grow lights.

This seedling took 4 months from seed to harvest, and yielded only 1/2 of an ounce. I think it looks kind of cool, but 1/2 ounces is not a good harvest after waiting so long. You can double or triple your total yields per plant by tweaking the light schedule a little during the first few weeks
I must say, I wish I could give those seedlings a proper veg period. Could I possibly wait until harvesting the big plant and then revert all the seedlings to 18/6? The good thing about that would be that I might be able to determine gender by then. Gender has been a big problem with these unfeminized seeds.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

imo you would be better off doing 4 plants with a scrog net.. fill the whole net, 10 " from top of bucket, and flip... keep tucking for 2 weeks, then let her go.. keep all your cfl's right off the top of her.. pull 1/2 peasy 95 days..

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

imo you would be better off doing 4 plants with a scrog net.. fill the whole net, 10 " from top of bucket, and flip... keep tucking for 2 weeks, then let her go.. keep all your cfl's right off the top of her.. pull 1/2 peasy 95 days..
You have definitely encouraged me lol. I think maybe I'll put all the seedlings in a partition to get 18/6 from CFLs. As long as light-leak is not a problem for the smaller plants it should be OK right?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I must say, I wish I could give those seedlings a proper veg period. Could I possibly wait until harvesting the big plant and then revert all the seedlings to 18/6? The good thing about that would be that I might be able to determine gender by then. Gender has been a big problem with these unfeminized seeds.
I wouldnt reveg.. Just grow this plant out, Start 8 more, veg for 4 weeks, topping...
At 4 weeks, super crop, drop a scrog net in and flip..
keep weaving for first 2 weeks of flower...

And if your regular seeds, grow 8 for 2 weeks and top,
clone the tops in 12/12 light/..
that will show sex on clones of mother plants..
So when you know the females cull the males,
super crop the females and put a scrog net in...
weave for first 2 weeks all tops in net...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You have definitely encouraged me lol. I think maybe I'll put all the seedlings in a partition to get 18/6 from CFLs. As long as light-leak is not a problem for the smaller plants it should be OK right?
light leaks in veg dont mean nothing.. u could veg in 24/0 light if you wanted..
Light leaks really only effect flowering plants..

Top Bottom