Hi THC Farmers!

• Thread starter rasterman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rasterman

rasterman

Longtime lurker, never joined apparently, because forgot my password said I never got one LoL.

I have always grown my own veggies, and that's a science. I've been growing cannabis for a little over two years and it's an easy plant to grow until it flowers. Then it's really hard to get things right sometimes. Ok, maybe most times, if I'm being honest. Living soil covers most of my sins now, so I'm starting to feel like I know what I'm doing. At least most of the time...

Anyway, that's me I guess. Anything else you want to know you'll learn pretty quickly because I talk too much.

TSD

TSD

Welcome to the Farm. What exactly is living soil? I’m not too familiar with that.
Living soil is organic, filled with a living microbiome. You basically put in food/nutes and the microbes eat it/break it down for the plants to use. Some make it so you only need to add water throughout the grow. There's more to it than that, but that's a basic summary lol.

rasterman

rasterman

Living soil is organic, filled with a living microbiome. You basically put in food/nutes and the microbes eat it/break it down for the plants to use. Some make it so you only need to add water throughout the grow. There's more to it than that, but that's a basic summary lol.
I hate measuring and mixing. You CAN do that with living soil if you want to, but I just topdress when I transplant and when I flip and it seems to be working for me. Much less trouble than anything else I've tried.

TSD

TSD

I hate measuring and mixing. You CAN do that with living soil if you want to, but I just topdress when I transplant and when I flip and it seems to be working for me. Much less trouble than anything else I've tried.
I'm considering trying a method like that on one of my grows, there's a couple growers here that have shared thier organic methods that I want to try. (@Shaded_One and @CannaGranny ) I usually either make soil or use ocean forest and feed with Dutch Science once they get hungry... it's an organic dry mix that gets mixed with water... one for veg one for bloom, so not too much mixing... but I like to try different things. 😊

Top Bottom