Hi there I have gnats need some help ASAP I have IMI gold to f don't know what I would dilute it and I'm brand new to this site

• Thread starter Boesel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boesel77

I am new on here don't exactly know what I'm doing but I need some problems I have Matt's I have IMIgold2f does anybody know anything about this product how much I should dilute it

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!! Hope this helps:)

B

Boesel77

Hey thanks for replying what I think I have is gnats they're getting bad the last three days you know how they go I've had them before in the past bear with me like I say I'm new at this site I have some IMIgold2f of course I didn't label it for what it was for I'm glancing through the book very hard to understand but I believe it kills gnats just not sure plus I don't know the mixture racial

B

Boesel77

I can see the gnats flying I've fought them before possibly could have roof aprons to I think this product is supposed to handle everything like I said I can't believe I didn't mark it or millimeters per gallon excetera

FTCG

FTCG

Welcome to, The Farm!! Hope this helps:)
Loooool, I definitely need to read this one based on the reactions alone!

B

Boesel77

Flyers love sweet coffee
That and Pyridium? I wish I knew how to navigate on this site a little better I believe I have the right product but I just don't know the mixture racial and of course I really don't want to kill everything. Imigold2f supposedly it's the cheaper version of mallet I wish I would have wrote it on there with a magic marker thanks for responding hopefully I'll have time to learn this site very interesting been at this for 17 years never really been on a site like this

FTCG

FTCG

@Boesel77 Hey, so I'm reading up on the product you have. And in the detailed instructions it doesn't state that it works on gnats. It is meant to be used to kill off eggs before they hatch. You would want to first water your soil. Then treat the soil, then water it again to ensure a proper spread throughout the soil.

I would skip the product as it is very toxic and not even safe to dispose of, or apply without leaving the room for 12 hours.

Hit the soil with a mild h202 mix, and use some yellow stick traps or do the sweet coffee trick for suppression. That way you don't expose yourself to a toxic chemical that isn't intended for gnats.

It is also worth noting, that the product is just a means of suppression. No guarantees on complete removal of the pest. For suppression you would need to apply every 7 days at the minimum.

I'd go for mechanical means such as traps for suppression.

B

Boesel77

Very good advice I think you're totally right they are designed for eggs I was going to flush them and spray Pyridium on the ones that were flying but I think your way is a better way to go for now I'll go to the store tomorrow and try to figure out what my buddies say just never struggled like this thank you again for the advice you're right it is toxic probably not the best thing to use and I do have my yellow gnat strips out just been busy I build Race Cars 2 so I'm only giving it 50% of the time it really needs I need to concentrate harder

B

Boesel77

by the way I do have route cleaner I believe 420 route cleaner kills fungus gnats and larva on contact make 16 gallons that's almost enough for me to them with topwater and then spray pyrithion right after that and get gnat strips on it at least to try to control them for a night I'm also going to set off a bomb or two tonight????

FTCG

FTCG

Worth a try, I am more on the organic side of things. I would never think of a bomb or anything I wouldnt be comfortable on my own skin.

But throw the traps out, and give them a root drench.

Make sure if you use the bomb to follow proper procedure.

Be careful with the products and you should be fine.

B

Boesel77

Lol totally agree but unfortunately I have to do both 43 acre ranch divorce got to hustle hard I spend 7 hours a day on this project in about 7 hours a day in my race car shop.

B

Boesel77

The Roots drench is all natural only reason I'm going to set bombs off as for a little security I've been fighting everything lately. I wait till the lights go off set the bomb off and run LOL

Madbud

Madbud

I'll have time to learn this site very interesting been at this for 17 years never really been on a site like this
When you dig the archives there were some legends here, the real dinosaurs. Suppose theyā€™re all working for a living now:sweating:

FTCG

FTCG

Well there you go. Thinking out your options and going with the most viable one.

That sounds like growing to me. As a person, and plants.

@Madbud Hey man, don't go killing my dreams now! Haha. Sure helps with a job when the going gets ruff though, also keeps the mind off bs.

FTCG

FTCG

ROTFLMAO, good to meet you BOSSel77, MadBud!

Time to catch up on some TV, make some dinner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom