Hid Vs Led - Best Thing I Have Ever Seen

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Of course not. And i have never personally seen a grow do that. Always height adjustable.

And i sure agree about the light lost on the walls.

All these things were huge considerations and a big part of the reason I went with 2 1000w lights semi stadium.
1, Super intense points of light
2, two points of light for better coverage
3, very little lost to walls due to semi stadium setup
4, excellent penetration
5, vertically hung so little radiant heat hits the plants
20190306 073245

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All these things were huge considerations and a big part of the reason I went with 2 1000w lights semi stadium.
1, Super intense points of light
2, two points of light for better coverage
3, very little lost to walls due to semi stadium setup
4, excellent penetration
5, vertically hung so little radiant heat hits the plants View attachment 860284

So well done sir!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The only reason I havent switched is, living in a legal state, I can buy raptors and old school digis @ $25 a pop and they usually have 200-300 of them. Power is cheap and I don't have to run A/C even with 10k (2k rooms plus veg). I just don't see a point in replacing equipment that works fine and pulls weight. The biggest thing in my grow is eliminating the cost at every corner. I know electric bill and efficiency will get thrown around but paying next to nothing for lights, tables ect I can eat the cost for quite a long time and still be in the black.

If I was going to be replacing everything with DE's at this point i would prob throw a room together with LED's. Hell I was thinking about it in veg for a hot min but got some 315's hortis from a buddy and they just slay the game.

It's nice to see all the bullshit finally aired out of the LED game and them actually at a point that they do what they claim and can be competitive. There was just waay to many years of pure BS time and time again. Who knows I might just do it for shits and giggles to see.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

I just got stuck on the part that green light is important but 50% seems to be wasteful (might not recall word by word exactly what he said). Just thinking that COBs and white LEDs generally are pretty high on the green part of the spectrum, and while plants love getting full spectrum, some part of it may be a bit wasteful?

Nice! Do you have a spectrum test on your lamp? Would be interesting to see the ratios and also compare it to sunlight.
Great idea! inexpensive Spectrum test for lamps? Where might one find one?

visajoe1

visajoe1

Very informative video. Far red causing stretch blew my mind, I see dudes adding that to DIY lights lol. They dont discuss it, but the spectrum adjustability is what made DIY LED so popular. I built a cob light a few years ago, and I can switch the cobs out to change the spectrum whenever I want. Similar to changing a bulb, but more difficult requiring extra steps. However, you can dial in the light you feed your plants just like nutrients.

What they dont say, he's selling lights remember, is for a lesser investment you can supplement HID lighting with an LED spectrum opposite of what you have or want to run. This may enhance your product. For example, if you want to run MH entire run, supplement with 3k LED's. Or if running HPS entire run, supplement with 4k and 6k LED's. You do need to understand the ratio's though (i.e. perecentage of blue light vs red light depending on life cycle stage).

Top Bottom