Hidden hermaphrodite

• Thread starter Trim Reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trim Reaper

Never saw a single sac, but sure as shit one popped late and seed my Jacky White. Didn't even realized it during trimming and was shocked to see the immature seeds when I opened drying rack 3 days later.
Hers the problem, I've got a few more in my perpetual garden with other strains. They are approx 4 & 6 weeks into flowering. I have spent 1/2 every day looking for a sac, and can't find poop. Is it possible it was just that original plant got stressed somehow or am I screwed with this strain? 2 beans (fem) and the other was full on hermie.
Bonus was I got about 10 each JW x AK47, and JW x Bubble Gum :)
:cool0044:

G

Green Supreme

You should be able to rule out the first plant when you trim it. If there are hermie flowers, you should see them{Probably close to the seed sites}. If you find no hermies chances are fair the problem is still in there. Good luck. Might want to check the grow area for light leaks or other stressers. Good luck. Peace GS

G

gudkarma

the other day, i flushed a few plants early in flower to remove nute & salt build up from the soil.

2 ladies popped 'nanners as a result of the deluge (stress).

after some research, i found out that dutch master makes a product which is supposed to curtail & halt hermie production. it's called "reverse".

went to the hydro store today for the score, & they had it on sale for $20.

it's for foliar application , you use it straight from the container (no mix down) , & because you need to add a splash of soap (wetting agent) what you don't use gets thrown out.

spray down. wait 10 days. spray down again.

i'll let you know how it works.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sometimes you get just a single banana or 2 and no real sack or flower, them single nanners are tough to find.

T

Trim Reaper

Thanks for the info. I heard about reverse but never used it.. This a 10 day perpetual grow rotation, and both don't have a single nad. Momma didn't show anything ( I wasnt lookin as close:evilgrin0040: )
I plucked off seveveral female shoots fearing the worst. So far so good. Jack Herrer x White Rhino, lotta Haze in the one.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is there any chance you could have brought foreign pollen in?

G

gudkarma

if you're talkin to me... impossible.

imo, it was a rookie mistake... flushed hard & plants bugged out ...probably thought they were gonna drown :)

i checked last night right before i busted out the "reverse" & found hidden nanners in a few more locations... amazing how fast they can form in 24hrs.

this run seems fucked; however, i sprayed out the reverse & we'll see how it goes.

still, i'll finish off these girls & smoke out like normal.

i'm not a pot snob like ya'll... lol!

i just put the flip on another 12 plants, got mothers growing, 8 more clones nearly ready, & am cracking some new beans too.

no worries here.

i was gonna post before i flushed but thought i might be overdoing it at the Farm.

researched for a couple hours & went with it.

leaves are nice & perky & plants look fabulous ...just busted nanners from the stress.:joint:

T

Trim Reaper

I am new to this, only been doing it since 1983. I have never heard of a flush causing hermies. Gudkarma, were they feminized seeds? light leaks? high/low ph?
I don't think it was the flush, dig deeper bro.
:joint:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was speaking to Trim Reaper, since he's not finding the bananas, that's the last thing that I can think of.

Trim, I've heard of people saying all kinds of things can cause hermaphrodism. The most reliable/provable I've found to this point are the following; genetics prone to hermaphrodism (won't mention whose lines in which I've found this truth) via light leaks and in very late flowering.

If this were a brackish water fish, a flush of fresh water would make it want to breed.

G

gudkarma

light leaks = impossible
seeds = bagseed, not feminized
ph = run off was measured at 6.2 (perfect for soil)

most respectfully, my research & analysis absolutely indicates that a flush can be considered "stressful" circumstance.

outside of unknown genetics, it's the only thing i can come up with as the root of the issue.

nevertheless, i did find an interesting theory suggesting that plants hormonally "record" stressful situations ...& when enough "stress buttons" have been pushed ...the smallest shit can tip them over the edge.

1) these plants were vegged two weeks, flipped for sex, & revegged.
2) subject to a few days of high temps during veg while waiting on a new hydrofarm fan.
3) cut up for clones & vegged some more.
4) flushed really good

i have been digging deeper so that i don't make the same error again.

nevertheless, what's done is done. shot them with "reverse" and all i can do is wait & see.

Top Bottom