High End Lighting Kit for a 2x2 / 60x60x160 CM?

• Thread starter Pandenstein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pandenstein

Pandenstein

Hi all,
I'm a beginner (did two plants in one cyclce so far). I recently moved and I want to equip my 2x2 with high end lighting that will really get the most out of my plants. My previous grow was with a 300w full spectrum CFL and the results were OK.
I want to get great results, not just OK :) can someone please recommend what I should get (out of personal experience, preferably). If you think some auxillery lights are required to the main light that you recommend, I would be very grateful for some recommendations on those as well...
What light characteristics and values would make the most of this 2x2?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you. Any speicific models come to mind?
Spider farmer is a sponsor here. For a 2x2 the 100w should be good. Plenty of options but I stick to a full spectrum QB light. Dimmer is nice to have.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Nice mate..hows it going with it.whats growth and quality like..
Yeah I’m very happy with the results of the light and the coverage of the light is on the mark getting a light meter soon and I’ll get the readings but it has finished a garden and then the last garden it started and finished it and it is on my next garden now and it will give you some nice flowers for the power which I have checked out and it’s spot on the reason I went with migro was that they are only in Ireland 🇮🇪 and any problem I will be better off in regards to getting it sorted and then the other thing is that they seem to be genuine enough and they have been doing a lot of different tests on lots of different lights and they have a chart of the most efficient ones and they are not at the top of that I would compare it with 400wt hid in the results of the light maybe better but it is the first decent light that I’ve had before I have been using the mars hydro ts 600 before that was purple lights and they were able to do the job but this is a better light i would recommend it to all my only gripe is that they brought a different light out that they have increased the efficiency level of it and it came out three months later and if i knew i would have waited for it but they have had a post on the website that I have used and it was from a customer who was updating the cob light that was the first range of light from migro and the customer was complaining that they had the aray coming out and the other light was not going to be getting made no more and Shane who is the main man replied that they are a business and they are not going to be able to announce it and not have sold out the other models and he would answer any questions about them releasing any new product honestly if he was asked which I will be doing if I use them again for my next light what I have liked about them is the way that you can add to them they are probably powerful enough for the output they are designed for you can add a migro 120 later on this is a good way for you if you are looking to get a bigger garden and you don’t have the money for the 240 you can still have the option to split them with the 240 lights you can’t use them for two tents but you can take the central light bar out and they are like two 120 lights I will be taking to Shane to see if they can make the bars smaller so I can have a 120 and the 240 together they will be giving you 360 then I will have to be able to get a much better end product for the extra power but it is something that I’ve been looking at for a improved yield but I’m looking at hlg or another one that is keeping me in the next light i purchase is the plant photonics this is a very attractive thing that you have the impression that they are not bullshitting you but at the end of the day you will never really know that it is a business and they are selling you the product but they have a good low power draw and they have a good output and they are Osram LEDs they use the light i was looking at it uses 150wts from the wall and they guarantee that it will be the same as a 400wt hps has a cover of 2x2ft is £190 was 260 I was thinking of two in a 2x4 would be a great light but I don’t know much about them and they are not talked about much that I have seen but it is something that I spent a lot of time on deaciding on the one that I was going to buy it is something that you have to think about it is a very expensive and it will have to be able to do the job and that’s what the migro is doing as far as I’m concerned but I’ve seen a few things online reviews and one of the reviews they were questioning the results of the product and the capabilities of the flowering of plants and they were saying they would not use it as a flowering light but it was a great veg light but they were not using it only testing it and reviewing it and they might be using much more powerful lights than the migro for the results of my gardens and the gr/pwt they grow my first time growing with it i got just under 12ozs from the three plants in my 2x4 I’m happy with that it was about 1&1/2grs a watt i think and I think that can be improved on again with the training and care that they are getting sorry about the bible that i have answered with was you thinking of getting the 120? Peace ✌️

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I’m very happy with the results of the light and the coverage of the light is on the mark getting a light meter soon and I’ll get the readings but it has finished a garden and then the last garden it started and finished it and it is on my next garden now and it will give you some nice flowers for the power which I have checked out and it’s spot on the reason I went with migro was that they are only in Ireland 🇮🇪 and any problem I will be better off in regards to getting it sorted and then the other thing is that they seem to be genuine enough and they have been doing a lot of different tests on lots of different lights and they have a chart of the most efficient ones and they are not at the top of that I would compare it with 400wt hid in the results of the light maybe better but it is the first decent light that I’ve had before I have been using the mars hydro ts 600 before that was purple lights and they were able to do the job but this is a better light i would recommend it to all my only gripe is that they brought a different light out that they have increased the efficiency level of it and it came out three months later and if i knew i would have waited for it but they have had a post on the website that I have used and it was from a customer who was updating the cob light that was the first range of light from migro and the customer was complaining that they had the aray coming out and the other light was not going to be getting made no more and Shane who is the main man replied that they are a business and they are not going to be able to announce it and not have sold out the other models and he would answer any questions about them releasing any new product honestly if he was asked which I will be doing if I use them again for my next light what I have liked about them is the way that you can add to them they are probably powerful enough for the output they are designed for you can add a migro 120 later on this is a good way for you if you are looking to get a bigger garden and you don’t have the money for the 240 you can still have the option to split them with the 240 lights you can’t use them for two tents but you can take the central light bar out and they are like two 120 lights I will be taking to Shane to see if they can make the bars smaller so I can have a 120 and the 240 together they will be giving you 360 then I will have to be able to get a much better end product for the extra power but it is something that I’ve been looking at for a improved yield but I’m looking at hlg or another one that is keeping me in the next light i purchase is the plant photonics this is a very attractive thing that you have the impression that they are not bullshitting you but at the end of the day you will never really know that it is a business and they are selling you the product but they have a good low power draw and they have a good output and they are Osram LEDs they use the light i was looking at it uses 150wts from the wall and they guarantee that it will be the same as a 400wt hps has a cover of 2x2ft is £190 was 260 I was thinking of two in a 2x4 would be a great light but I don’t know much about them and they are not talked about much that I have seen but it is something that I spent a lot of time on deaciding on the one that I was going to buy it is something that you have to think about it is a very expensive and it will have to be able to do the job and that’s what the migro is doing as far as I’m concerned but I’ve seen a few things online reviews and one of the reviews they were questioning the results of the product and the capabilities of the flowering of plants and they were saying they would not use it as a flowering light but it was a great veg light but they were not using it only testing it and reviewing it and they might be using much more powerful lights than the migro for the results of my gardens and the gr/pwt they grow my first time growing with it i got just under 12ozs from the three plants in my 2x4 I’m happy with that it was about 1&1/2grs a watt i think and I think that can be improved on again with the training and care that they are getting sorry about the bible that i have answered with was you thinking of getting the 120? Peace ✌️
Bravo bro!!
Not one period and you ended with a single question mark:) lol

Madmax

Madmax

I was super curious how these small leds perform + the op is after high end lighting and thought by asking it would help op decide on selecting a good reliable light to use..im keen also to find one to use from day 1 to about 3 weeks of veg..

Cypress66

Cypress66

I was super curious how these small leds perform + the op is after high end lighting and thought by asking it would help op decide on selecting a good reliable light to use..im keen also to find one to use from day 1 to about 3 weeks of veg..
Ok you are probably a bit bored by the time you read the message but I don’t know what you are expecting to get from a 120wt light and the light is a very good light for the reason you are going to be using it for being able to cover one plant unless you’re growing small plants 2x2ft is the covered area 30wts per square foot like od was saying that spider 🕷 is a good light and the price is a bit less expensive than the migro I think but they have the same diodes have a look at the plant photonics website they have a small q/b and it is meant to have a 50wt draw and gives you the equivalent to a 150hps £120 bucks but the coverage is a bit smaller I’ll probably be buying a 100wt draw version soon and I will be able to see what it can do and if you are interested in the outcome of it then I’ll let you know if I do bite the bullet on it hlg has a 120wt that’s a good price and that’s a good light from what I can tell anyway no periods or dramas not even a question mark hope that I’ve been some kind of help to you peace ✌️

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would recommend a Mars Hydro TS1000 150w and place the ballast outside the tent for best temperature control because it is only a 160cm tent.

Cypress66

Cypress66

2x2ft seems plenty to bring up young ones under for 3 weeks .would b pefect ..
Yeah 100% i have had 3 plants in one garden and they were able too finish but they will suffer from the lack of space and air circulation to many plants but they produced like my 2x4ft is a two plant tent but it was growing four at a different garden once again to many plants now i have been veging four and when they are touching each other two will be going to the other 2x4ft imo one plant needs a 2x2ft area of space depending on the strain and the style that you grow with) last garden was a two Kush one and they filled out the whole tent and they were looking for more room 2ft wide and 2/3ft high is a good size plant that would probably have been a good 6”/12” taller without the bending over and the training was keeping them down i had a 4x4ft tent years ago and I was thinking of 9 plants in there easy and was told that I had the room for 12 I would have 4 maybe 5 at a push depends upon the size that you want it to grow and your training methods if you are looking at vegging like the other dude said that mars hydro ts is enough for you i was using the ts 600 which is a good little light and good price range and the power draw is a 85w is described as 100wt but I have checked it out and it was reading 85/86 it will cover 2x2ft at 18” and at 12” it will cover one and a half ft the 1000 is the better light but the veg period a bit smaller will grow to a decent level so much choice to be looking at the price range and the efficiency level in the order of higher level of the results are the only reason for the choice there is a lot of snobbery in regards to lights and the brand name and it might have a valid point to make the other things that you have to consider and it has been a subject i was looking at the reviews of some growers that have been sent lights from the company of mars hydro and spider and the plants they were growing under a ts 600 was a unbelievable size for a little light and they were all hanging the light at the top of the tent and the plants were very far away from the plants that is a paid off grower it would not be possible but it was more than the one grower there were a few more saying the same thing all the lights were at the top of the tent and the warranty is not honoured that you have to be careful with your light and the repair will it be sent back to China and then you will be waiting for god knows how long it might cost you more money to ship it and then you have the wait at least you haven’t lost a fortune but you don’t need it and you can get a good light at a reasonable price range and it will last for a few years but you get what you pay for is a very true saying that is not just regarding lights it’s regarding everything you buy in the throwaway society that we live in today I’ve had cheap products that have been very long lasting and some things that are not the same thing with the top level of product that I’ve had great cars and electronic goods and clothing that have been very good and very bad some things are undoubtedly very good but the price range reflects that it’s a gamble really I’ll get back to you if I get the plant photonics light if you’re interested in the results of it you should check out the website they have a good blog about the kind led they do a strip down on the top dollar model that someone sent to them is very interesting this was a 5yr old light so it has been very well used but it is a £15000 light and the way it was made and the quality was so cheap the led had burnt out and the whole thing was just a very cheap and badly made product peace ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom