High frequency fertigation in coco/perlite

• Thread starter newbeegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbeegrower

When should i start doing high frequency fertigation in the life cycle? If i was per say watering 6 times a day am i looking for any runoff between shots? Do i want runoff with all my waters or just the last one how much runoff do i want? Do i still want 10-20% runoff wjth high frequency fertigation? Is it true that i only want 10-20% runoff if im only trying to lower the media ec? How do i know the media ec and ph when im running 50/50 coco perlite in a 5 gal? Also is overpotting a concern with cannabis? Ive seen lots of people start their babys with 5 gals. If i want a certain amount of runoff throughout all the waters instead of the last one, how can the measurement be accurate with evaporation? With that question im assuming i just want a certain amount with the final water or little to no runoff with high frequency fertigation but its better to get a second opinion than guess.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Homework thread. You might checkout the coco for cannabis site.

S

Stokes

I hand feed daily, but fwiw this was my first grow at coco, started watering to runoff about the same time you would consider a transplant. As far as how much runoff, ive never measured, just until you can see where its really coming out of the bottom.

IMG 9154

S

Stokes

Also, if you plan on feeding 6 times a day then 5 gallon pots is kinda pointless imho. Id say 2 gal, 3 max. 6 times a day you can grow a monster with 1

N

newbeegrower

Homework thread. You might checkout the coco for cannabis site.
I have actual read that thread, just trying to get second opinions.

N

newbeegrower

Also, if you plan on feeding 6 times a day then 5 gallon pots is kinda pointless imho. Id say 2 gal, 3 max. 6 times a day you can grow a monster with 1
For real? Im not starting in 5gals cuz im not sure if overpotting is a cencern but id rather it not be, im starting in 1gals but i figured as the roots need more space in the pot id need to transfer so they dont go around the pot i should also state im using fabric pots

Top Bottom