High humidity solution?

• Thread starter Fr3nzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Reading about plants that dehumidify. Looks like the peace lilly is on top aswell as boston ferns and snake plants. Wondering if adding these in the grow room would help battle humidity in summer. Just a thought.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Well ya saying like a small grow, but having a sustained grow room ran by plants would be sweet in concept. Make a eco system grow room, organic to the max.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

And ac alone dosnt work, unless they made a 50 sq ft ac. Smallest ac is 150 sq ft it cools great but runtime is low so dont dehumidy correctly. So in a small room it almost needs ac and dehumidifier. Midwest summers=crazy humidity. Couldn't imagine outbuilding growing in florida.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Usually only bigger and more high end window units or minisplits will have dehumid setting built in you can turn on manually or separately. Even then just run a dehuey. That or up the intake/exhaust and see where you are at but you still might need to. Growing more than half my life in Texas was always big a/c and lots of dehuey. Comes with the territory.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Ya bought a port ac, it dehumidifys but says to un hook exhaust. Then just drives it down to 50% and obv gets hot as fuck. And running a ac on "on" it runs all the time and then adds water since coils never dry. But humidity outside is 70% room is 75% at 77 with ac humidifier is around 50 to 55% at 90. I'm buying a dehumidifier but that's next friday spent 250 on ac this friday lol. It's going to have a week of 77 around 75% rh if that's not to bad. 3 fans going hoping that air flow helps from stifling leafs.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Ya this is a old thread, a balancing game. I got it figured out. For now that is lol.

youngOG

youngOG

increase the temps
if you get 80% rh try to stay around 30degree celsius
plants espeically sativa hybrids will love
just be sure to keep the root zone under 23 degree ..

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Hi all,

I would like to show a product I recently purchased from my hydroponics shop near me.

and I swear to god these things worked. I’ve attached a photo of what I’m talking about google the name on internet should bring them up.

I tried a dehumidifier, not a good move as just pumped to much hot air about in the grow tent. Tried moving my fans, tried adding fresh air. Tried adding extra carbon filter. None of all worked. Accept this great thing highly recommend this....

D7404914 D949 4932 ADE8 69513C330F55
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hi all,

I would like to show a product I recently purchased from my hydroponics shop near me.

and I swear to god these things worked. I’ve attached a photo of what I’m talking about google the name on internet should bring them up.

I tried a dehumidifier, not a good move as just pumped to much hot air about in the grow tent. Tried moving my fans, tried adding fresh air. Tried adding extra carbon filter. None of all worked. Accept this great thing highly recommend this....

You have caught my attention....
I went ahead and googled this, because i currently have humidity issues in flower. ill have to check these out. They make dry pots too.

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

You have caught my attention....
I went ahead and googled this, because i currently have humidity issues in flower. ill have to check these out. They make dry pots too.

Hi CosmoGrows,

yes mate, they work I would say the bags are better though, I’ve tried the pots in another brand, in my opinion not very good.

good luck mate,

Antucansei

Antucansei

Ya this is a old thread, a balancing game. I got it figured out. For now that is lol.
How did you balance it? Do you have any recommendations on dehumidifiers? I'm thinking if to buy an evo dry 1100 but I think they don't lower rh% but they do collect humidity. I'm nervous mold will build up during flower. I live near the beach
Temp is 24-30 C and humidity 55%-90% have an 80 buck budget and preferably something that doesn't raise my kwH too much. I'm running stealth grow.

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

How did you balance it? Do you have any recommendations on dehumidifiers? I'm thinking if to buy an evo dry 1100 but I think they don't lower rh% but they do collect humidity. I'm nervous mold will build up during flower. I live near the beach
Temp is 24-30 C and humidity 55%-90% have an 80 buck budget and preferably something that doesn't raise my kwH too much. I'm running stealth grow.

hi there,

how big is the tent you have or grow room.

regards

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Sorry my RH was touching 60 I’m close to harvest. But I purchased another 3 bags it’s down to 46 RH they do work. My dehumidifier I purchased one they kick out a lot of heat you need more airflow added airflow might help or couple more fans.

regards

Top Bottom