High Male Rate!! Whats the Problem??

• Thread starter FoM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FoM

Hi,

I got a question. Few years ago i crossed two strain and tryed the F1 Generation. The Male/Female Rate was extremly high. From 30 Plants i got 26 Female`s.
Last year i`ve crossed the best Headstash Male with my best Headstash Female and tryed the F1 again. This time a had 25 Male and 5 Female from 30 Plants.
Why do the Male or Female dominate so extreme???

What i know. Every Parent`s give one complete Genecluster (1n) to the next generation. Male and Female. so we had 2n (diploid) again, like all Cannabis plant. And every Plant had the potential to be a male or female, i belive this decision if male or female comes in the early weeks of growth.
Whats the problem with this unnatural Rate??
maybe the dominant/homozygot Gene, which cover Gene from Female in this first Generation??? don`t know

Greetings

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Try germinating them in a slight gibberellic acid solution. This seems to help sometimes from my exp..

R

ReelBusy1

while the overall avg is 50/50 germination ratio there can be swings to hi's and low's just from a mathematical probability standpoint.
you just happened to catch two high end ratios with two different grows.
But ya weren't complaining with the batch of 25 females huh? :)
we love it when science rules in our favor but its a bitch when it balances the scales
:)
good luck with em!
:joint:

V

viva mexico

were any of the parents feminized by any chance? i have gotten 13 out of 15 plants male before by using a feminized mother.

F

FoM

Hi,

Thank you both.:smoke

Try germinating them in a slight gibberellic acid solution. This seems to help sometimes from my exp..
What Dose? I belive to work with gibberellic is not so easy. The Limit is very short between Mutant and Female Plant. Did you have some experience? Very interessting subject.

you just happened to catch two high end ratios with two different grows.
i think you`re right. its the most obviouse statement

But ya weren't complaining with the batch of 25 females huh?
we love it when science rules in our favor but its a bitch when it balances the scales
hehe.... dito!!!;) I thought this Rate seems a lil bit strange to me, two times. But you said it. it`s a game of chance.

Greetings

F

FoM

were any of the parents feminized by any chance? i have gotten 13 out of 15 plants male before by using a feminized mother.
No, all plants were true Female and true Male. No hermi and no fem Seeds.
Iam not a Fan of breeding with Female Seeds. :shake
;-)

Greetings

true grit

true grit

Well how bad ass were the 5 females? Did you find a gem to start the f2s? Sound like ya got plenty of males to choose from!:rasta2:

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I would use about 15ppm with the acid...

R

ReelBusy1

Hi,

Thank you both.:smoke

What Dose? I belive to work with gibberellic is not so easy. The Limit is very short between Mutant and Female Plant. Did you have some experience? Very interessting subject.

i think you`re right. its the most obviouse statement

hehe.... dito!!!;) I thought this Rate seems a lil bit strange to me, two times. But you said it. it`s a game of chance.

Greetings

I just went 3 females out of 11 seeds so the numbers even out for everyone eventually.
Good thing I needed the pollen...:)

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Whenever grow seeds there will always be sum that are going to be male no matter what and some females no matter what. But there will also be some that will go one way or the other depending on environental factors. When I'm looking for good females to keep I always try to get more males that way I know that the female I do get will b "true" females andsssssssassssaw most likely be strong healthy mamas

T

Tolpan

Whenever grow seeds there will always be sum that are going to be male no matter what and some females no matter what. But there will also be some that will go one way or the other depending on environental factors. When I'm looking for good females to keep I always try to get more males that way I know that the female I do get will b "true" females andsssssssassssaw most likely be strong healthy mamas

Hi FoM!

I'm with redskywalker on that subject!

Keep it green my friend!

Tolpan

F

FoM

Hey,

Well how bad ass were the 5 females? Did you find a gem to start the f2s? Sound like ya got plenty of males to choose from!
I can`t say yet, it`s to early but i think two Females are on the best way to be a gem. All Plants looking closer to the Parental Male as to the female.

I would use about 15ppm with the acid...
Merci

I just went 3 females out of 11 seeds so the numbers even out for everyone eventually.
Good thing I needed the pollen...
hehe.. I had lot of Pollen. I hope to find a good male, got a big range now... ;-)

I get your Point. We^ll see what happend next-a friend had a big garden with 55 Plants of this Petrolia Headstash. So i hope he gets a better Rate of Female.
I try to "skype/chat" with him today, outing should be starting few day ago. Iàm very curious.....

Thanks at all. Great Board here....

Greetings --FoM--

Top Bottom