HIGH PH IN COCO COIR 70/30 PERLITE

• Thread starter TheGreenGroomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

currently in week 6 day 3 of veg hoping to flip to flower in a few days but i have noticed my ph is high (7.1) and i cant seem to get it down with what im feeding listed below

intake readings - 600ppms - 5.5ph
run off readings - 300ppms - 7.0-7.1ph
PH rising by 1.6 - so if i adjust to 3.9ph with 600ppms after a few feeds will it fix or is that not recommended to feed with that low of a PH to me it seems like it makes sense but im not 100% sure as im a new grower so any advice will be highly appreciated honestly! as i want to make sure my girl is happy as can be for flower flip :)

i have been considering a salt build up but i don't think that could be the case as i have always been testing my ppms/ec of solution, And it has always been ideal if not low watering with 25% run off everyday 3L water allowing the coco to slightly dry out but not completely and i slowly adjusted the ppm hardness to not shock (overfeed) but still could be salt buildup as i said im new grower so im not a clue really learning everyday :)
should i consider just giving water ph 3.9 until ph fixes then maybe my ppm run off reading will be more accurate
(YES) My TDS/PH Pen are calibrated and if not brand new so im confident readings are accurate

nutrient line - (shogun samurai coco fertilisers)

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

flush them & check the run off ph, then when its between 550 & 650 let them go till next water cycle then add half of your nutes instead of full dose, then check run off ph, just my opinion, im no expert, its just what ive read & done myself to get shit under control...

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

flush them & check the run off ph, then when its between 550 & 650 let them go till next water cycle then add half of your nutes instead of full dose, then check run off ph, just my opinion, im no expert, its just what ive read & done myself to get shit under control..i
flush them & check the run off ph, then when its between 550 & 650 let them go till next water cycle then add half of your nutes instead of full dose, then check run off ph, just my opinion, im no expert, its just what ive read & done myself to get shit under control...
ill take your advice mate and try that out today I just gave the same ppms (600) but lowered the ph to 3.9, I then tested ph run off and it was still 7.1ph ☹

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

If you're getting ready to flip them to flower, I would definitely recommend a good flush with regular 6.0 ph water. I would not use water ph'd down to 3.9.

The nute line you're using, are you using the full line or just the 2 part? Do you use Calmag?

Are your plants showing any problems? If not, then I wouldn't worry much about the runoff ph. Honestly, I haven't bothered to check runoff ph in dtw coco in over a decade. Your ec readings show your plants are eating good, that's the only reading I'd be concerned with if the plants themselves are showing no signs of distress.

If you're fertigating once a day and your coco is drying out just slightly, you might consider adding a second fertigating. Remember, coco is a hydro medium, it's really, really hard to overwater in it, and most problems occur when it starts to dry out and messes with your cation exchange ratio.

Just my opinion, which is totally worthless in all 50 U.S. states and satellites, and all foreign potentates except Gelderland. It might have some value in Gelderland. But probably not.

Choppr

Choppr

Your pH will rise as they feed (ppms will drop/pH will go up) normal. Next time you feed mix your regular strength nutrient solution and 5.6 pH, pour 1/2-3/4 gal plain pH'd water in then pour in a 1.25 gal of your mix solution. (if your in 5gal pots?) youll get plenty of run-off, do this every time you feed until runoff is where you want it - Right On!

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

If you're getting ready to flip them to flower, I would definitely recommend a good flush with regular 6.0 ph water. I would not use water ph'd down to 3.9.

The nute line you're using, are you using the full line or just the 2 part? Do you use Calmag?

Are your plants showing any problems? If not, then I wouldn't worry much about the runoff ph. Honestly, I haven't bothered to check runoff ph in dtw coco in over a decade. Your ec readings show your plants are eating good, that's the only reading I'd be concerned with if the plants themselves are showing no signs of distress.

If you're fertigating once a day and your coco is drying out just slightly, you might consider adding a second fertigating. Remember, coco is a hydro medium, it's really, really hard to overwater in it, and most problems occur when it starts to dry out and messes with your cation exchange ratio.

Just my opinion, which is totally worthless in all 50 U.S. states and satellites, and all foreign potentates except Gelderland. It might have some value in Gelderland. But probably not.
Thankyou for your input I am considering doing a flush to be fair as I do see a slight micro deficiency coming through (I think) it’s not effected my plant too bad and overall she seems really happy a growing allot of vegetation I’ve had to defoliate 3 time in 6week so growth isn’t stopped in my eyes which makes me think is not a main deficiency such as NPK it’s a micro deficiency that can’t be uptaken due to the high ph this is my guess but my first time running so learning as I go

yep I am using the full line of shogun samurai coco silicon, cal mag, A&B

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Your pH will rise as they feed (ppms will drop/pH will go up) normal. Next time you feed mix your regular strength nutrient solution and 5.6 pH, pour 1/2-3/4 gal plain pH'd water in then pour in a 1.25 gal of your mix solution. (if your in 5gal pots?) youll get plenty of run-off, do this every time you feed until runoff is where you want it - Right On!
I’m 6week day 4 in veg and for me to get a appropriate amount of run off coming out of 5gallon fabric pot I’m having to give 3.5L,

The method you say above is this a solution you have done and succeeded with? Considering on just giving a good flush ph’d to 5.5 what you reckon so stuck in mixed info idk what to do

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Just my opinion, which is totally worthless in all 50 U.S. states and satellites, and all foreign potentates except Gelderland. It might have some value in Gelderland. But probably not.I get

Mentioning you do do not check ph run off i did read that allot online as it fluctuates in coco allot so I diddnt bother with checking it I just made sure what I was putting in was correct ppm&Ph fed everyday with good run off never really letting coco dry out too much the only reason I thought to test it as 6weeks into veg as ive said I’m starting to see a slight strange deficiency that I cannot quite tell what it is just yet as it’s too early on (my thoughts is calmag)

I also thought it was leaf septoria but i don’t think that’s the case as I’ve had a online help tell me they don’t think that’s the case besides that think I’m just gonna flush her tomorrow or day after after I find out some more info

When flushing could you flush more then once a day if the coco had soaked up enough of the water in the mean time basically ready for another water and keep doing that till my ph drops then what?? If my ppms have dropped Do I start with a low ec/ppm feed something like 400ppm to bring it back up or do I just feed what I was originally to get it back up within optimal range…

Thanks 🙏🏻

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

If you guys would like some photos off the deficiencies I’ve spotted let me know and when I can I will post them 🙂

Choppr

Choppr

Ive been in Hydro for many years, this is a simple flush 'n fill method to push out what is in the coco media (be it salts, high pH/ppm etc) its why we're in coco! The advantage of being able to "fully reset the rhizome", without shock to our Plants. (as soil growers lament). I ran flood tables for 10 years (ca$h crops) Im retired from the game but still run a home grow, always Hydro, Coco/DWC.

Hydro Master Race! Right On!

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

So I am feeding 3.5L water so would I do 1.75L ph water and 1.75L fertiliser

Choppr

Choppr

dude you always fertilize in coco! if you just flush with plain water you will end up with deficiencies. flush n fill like I stated above. Resetting is clearing out old/unwanted and refilling with a fresh Corrective Nutrient Solution. If im flush/filling I try to stay near my last feed strength solution. (if you want to raise or lower your solution strength that's up to you)
You do understand, coco is hydro, coco its inert, water is inert - your feeding roots not soil.

if your new at this I would suggest reading, https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/how-to-grow-cannabis-seedlings-in-coco-coir/

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

dude you always fertilize in coco! if you just flush with plain water you will end up with deficiencies. flush n fill like I stated above. Resetting is clearing out old/unwanted and refilling with a fresh Corrective Nutrient Solution. If im flush/filling I try to stay near my last feed strength solution. (if you want to raise or lower your solution strength that's up to you)
You do understand, coco is hydro, coco its inert, water is inert - your feeding roots not soil.

if your new at this I would suggest reading, https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/how-to-grow-cannabis-seedlings-in-coco-coir/
Gotcha buddy I will give it a read when home from work but I understand what you are telling me thankyou

Top Bottom