High PPM in tap water

• Thread starter growlo_b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growlo_b

growlo_b

Hey guys,

I'm kicking off my first grow and trying to figure out my water source. I have filtered water at home but after some initial testing of the water, the PPM is around ~550. This isn't a surprise because we've had hard water issues in the past prior to getting a water softener.

Is this too high to start with? Should I switch to bottled water?

Looking forward to hanging out here! The forums have been really helpful so far!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You will need an ro filter and mix the water down to 150 ppm or use an outside source.

growlo_b

growlo_b

That's what I thought. There's a Water-To-Go store near me and they have great water that's pretty cheap. I'll probably go that route. Thanks for the reply.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I mean with the low cost of RO filters now, you'll be much happier buying one. I grew for years and years with 650ppm well water. It was not easy. Took a lot of research and trial and error to get my nutrients right. If I could go back in time I would have gotten an RO filter a long time ago. But then, they weren't nearly as affordable as they are now.

Check out this one on Amazon, I am more than satisfied with it's performance. Been running for months straight now and still produces 0ppm water.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Distile it or buy it, poland spring is good, if i have to drink it so do they.

Top Bottom