High quality kelp thats cheap and clean

• Thread starter drknockbootz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drknockbootz

drknockbootz

The title describes it.....

Im looking for a high quality kelp that wont make a mess in the reservoir and it must be cheap.

Any suggestions?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

100% kelp will always make a mess... Not to expensive neither i think i just bought some for like 15 bucks. If you dont want mess try superthrive its a great product that just added kelp to its mix

Greenjean

Greenjean

Just picked up some new Super Thive with the kelp addition. I am not sure that I will see any major differences, but will probably not be using Age Old Kelp anymore.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Where I live the meal from Acadian Seaplants is ~$50 for 50lbs. Customhydronutrients has good soluble flakes, from Ferti Organic I think.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Thrivealive B-1 green and Kelplogic by Beneficial Biologics are both awesome awesome kelp amendments if you're not into kelp meal. The kelplogic needs to be dissolved pretty well before adding to a res but it works super well especially as a foliar.

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

techniflora seaweed extract. goes far as it is very concentrated and is like 16$. use some high brix molasses with it and it'll kill the game. idk what kinda medium youre using, if its Rockwool cubes and slabs maybe use the molasses sparingly (especially if using slabs). the molasses will foam in the res. its ok. no problem, don't worry. you will have to run a sponge or cloth along your res when you clean every change. should anyways. but its cheap. there are TONS of good seaweed sups, but this one is cheap and effective. I like to enzymatically digest kelp meal in a 5 gal bucket and use it as a feed for my compost tea, which I put in my res heavily. but I use coco chips and diatomaceous rock in containers.

Top Bottom