High RH at night - perfect during lights on

• Thread starter FuqStik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuqStik

FuqStik

What to do? RH is upwards of 70 in the tent with lights off - flowering week 1.

Lights on it sits around 48-50.

I have a mini dehumidifer in there, do I need to get a bigger one?

Anthem

Anthem

What to do? RH is upwards of 70 in the tent with lights off - flowering week 1.

Lights on it sits around 48-50.

I have a mini dehumidifer in there, do I need to get a bigger one?
yes you need a larger dehumidifier.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Following cause I have the same issue. I just bought a dehumidifier as well and planned on running mine at night.

growsince79

growsince79

What about when the ladies start stinking? Because I'll need the carbon filter. Assuming I just need to go purchase a large dehumidifier instead
QUOTE="FuqStik, post: 2491957, member: 119159"]
What about when the ladies start stinking? Because I'll need the carbon filter. Assuming I just need to go purchase a large dehumidifier instead
[/QUOTE]
Does your exhaust go outside or stay in the room?

FuqStik

FuqStik

QUOTE="FuqStik, post: 2491957, member: 119159"]
Does your exhaust go outside or stay in the room?
[/QUOTE]
It goes down a floor into my closet area

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

what is the RH of your house man!!!!! Do you live in a jungle! Or cuba?
I'm jk
But really you just need to increase ventilation/exhaust. Dehumidifiers usually are just needed in basements bc they are dank and you cannot reduce humidity by ventilation.
I'm assuming you don't live in a bog and If your house humidity is 70% you would paint peeling and condensation on ceilings. just open more vent flaps and increase your exhaust fan speed and bring the tent to your houses RH.

FuqStik

FuqStik

what is the RH of your house man!!!!! Do you live in a jungle! Or cuba?
I'm jk
But really you just need to increase ventilation/exhaust. Dehumidifiers usually are just needed in basements bc they are dank and you cannot reduce humidity by ventilation.
I'm assuming you don't live in a bog and If your house humidity is 70% you would paint peeling and condensation on ceilings. just open more vent flaps and increase your exhaust fan speed and bring the tent to your houses RH.
The fan is on high ... it's a 4" and a 4" carbon filter... I have a 6" fan, could i get a reducer? or would that exceed the CFM for the 4" filter?

2 vents open with active intake right now...

RH in my house is 50ish

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

6 inch fan should be on a 6 inch filter,

How big is the tent?

And can you feel the exhaust change when u zip it shut, if you can feel a change u need more ventilation. If you feel no change, get a higher cfm fan.

FuqStik

FuqStik

6 inch fan should be on a 6 inch filter,

How big is the tent?

And can you feel the exhaust change when u zip it shut, if you can feel a change u need more ventilation. If you feel no change, get a higher cfm fan.
4'x4'

4" fan is about 188 cfm

FuqStik

FuqStik

And I feel no change when I close the tent

It's venting to my downstairs... so it's like 25 feet of ducting. does that make a difference?

Latest posts

Top Bottom