High Rh Only When It Rains? Will I Be Ok In Flower

• Thread starter superweed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superweed420

superweed420

My indoor grow tent stays around 50 to 65rh when it's not raining but after a good rain or any rain at all it can get up to 85% for a day some times 2 days if it don't stop for a while..I plan on flowering in a fue weeks and can't afford a dehumidifier will I be ok with the high humidity it's only high when it rains after that it's very low sometimes it's 45% ....and remember it's only for a day or 2

Hydro head

Hydro head

Any high RH can cause bud rot, especially in later flower, make sure you got plenty of air movement and good intake and outtake, try to keep the buds from resting against the side of the tent as they will sweat, can depend on what strain you are doing, some can handle some high RH and some can't,

superweed420

superweed420

Any high RH can cause bud rot, especially in later flower, make sure you got plenty of air movement and good intake and outtake, try to keep the buds from resting against the side of the tent as they will sweat, can depend on what strain you are doing, some can handle some high RH and some can't,
I'm in a 4x4 tent with a 200 CFM fan blowing air in and a 400 sucking air out but I have 1 vent flap open to cut down on the vacuum effect going on, the vent flap will stay open in flower I have fixed it where no light can get in through the flsp.. also have 2 fans blowing on the girls ..

superweed420

superweed420

I always wondered why I got bud rot on my inside plants 1 year and my outside plants did not lower rh in my home then what was out side and it rained every day for 6 days and my plants fucking molded but my girls outside was good

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I'm in a 4x4 tent with a 200 CFM fan blowing air in and a 400 sucking air out but I have 1 vent flap open to cut down on the vacuum effect going on, the vent flap will stay open in flower I have fixed it where no light can get in through the flap.. also have 2 fans blowing on the girls ..

sounds like you have plenty of air movement to me. My RH regularly climbs into the 80s but I have not had any issues yet. I have a couple of oscillating fans to keep the air moving 24/7

superweed420

superweed420

sounds like you have plenty of air movement to me. My RH regularly climbs into the 80s but I have not had any issues yet. I have a couple of oscillating fans to keep the air moving 24/7
are you cruntly in flower.. and yea definitely got to have great air flow... My last indoor grow I did have water beads on my leafs in late flower had no mold tho.. ran Pineapple Chunk shit was the best yet

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

are you currently in flower.. and yea definitely got to have great air flow... My last indoor grow I did have water beads on my leafs in late flower had no mold tho.. ran Pineapple Chunk shit was the best yet

I'm in day 38 of flower for the current grow. You can see pictures I took a couple of days ago in my grow diary. I've been paying close attention to the temp and rh as I'm running new lights and in a new tent this summer

Hydro head

Hydro head

I'm in a 4x4 tent with a 200 CFM fan blowing air in and a 400 sucking air out but I have 1 vent flap open to cut down on the vacuum effect going on, the vent flap will stay open in flower I have fixed it where no light can get in through the flsp.. also have 2 fans blowing on the girls ..
That sounds like you have plenty of air movement which is good, as mentioned above climbing into the 80s can be fine as long as it don't stay there, sounds like you should be ok

superweed420

superweed420

That sounds like you have plenty of air movement which is good, as mentioned above climbing into the 80s can be fine as long as it don't stay there, sounds like you should be ok
Yea knock on wood.. it will be later before I flower like around sep when I flip so humidity will be much lower in my grow room.. my nugs won't be fat till around oct,still rains but it's cooler out side so the rh in my tent will be much lower than now

Hydro head

Hydro head

Yea knock on wood.. it will be later before I flower like around sep when I flip so humidity will be much lower in my grow room.. my nugs won't be fat till around oct,still rains but it's cooler out side so the rh in my tent will be much lower than now
Good luck with it, keep us updated

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I flower at 75% with no issues
follow the VPD chart :)

VPD

dan1989

dan1989

Keeping your plants trimmed and less densely grouped will help combat mold etc too.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what what what is it raining in there ???

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

what what what is it raining in there ???

lol, nope, just very humid, usually during the lights off time. I'll usually open the tent doors in the first couple of hours to help get rid of the humidity and get a larger air exchange within my basement. it's less of a problem in the winter when my basement is drier... while the lights are on, it usually drops to the low 60s. I have a dehumidifier set to 50% for the overall basement.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

plenty of intra-tent air circulation is the best bet for sure.

if possible raise the temp in the tent or the room the tent is in because hotter air holds exponentially more moisture. obviously don't aim to have it above 85-90* but i'd rather have slightly lower quality bud than bud with mold or mildew, that shit sucks to smoke and fucks your yield way harder than heat stressed buds. just my 2 cents having had PM in the past due to being a noob and not having enough intra-tent air movement.

so for example my first trial would be to reduce the intake/exhaust and let the tent heat up a bit, the RH might increase with the heat but it's an easy test and it might help just make sure to keep an eye out for the first few hours after you make the change. not saying this WILL work, just a maybe. micro-grows are strange creatures

heat stress >>> mold/mildew. and since your risk events are only 1-2 days the plants shouldn't be too effected by moderate acute heat stresses. if you decide to go this route make sure to have therm/hygrometers in at least 2 places in the tent and check them every so often while you're making changes so you can know what's going on and revert or maintain as you see

it's a small tent like my first grow and i remember playing with different things like intake/exhaust or where the exhaust was going or how hot the tent was and whatever i could think of and i learned a lot. i'm not sure what your specific grow is but keep at it.

good luck! since I live in CO the only RH issues i need to worry about are self-induced LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom