High stress training in early flower

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have some height issues. I am in my 2nd week of flower, and am wondering if its ok to supercrop(crush the pulp in the stem, and bend >90degrees?). Normally I do multiple topping, and have done a lot of supercropping in the past, but never after I start flower. I do Low stress training during flowering when called for, but I cant remember if its ok to do HST training. Thanks

hiboy

hiboy

Even though phosphload is not legal to use, its what i use the second week of flower to stop vertical height. Kelp is also a plus to stop stretch. I wouldnt do any kind training that might stress a plant in flower
h

St3ve

St3ve

Bushmaster is also supposed to be good at stopping stretch, although I have no first hand experience.

You could also strip the leaves from the ones that are too tall, it will stunt their growth. That is something I do with success.

I have also (accidentally) bent and broken branches during the stretch while moving them under the screen. I'll tape them back together and they heal up fine and still produce just fine. I would venture to say if you had to supercrop then do it. If they overgrow then you'll just have other problems anyway.

powerplant

powerplant

I never had a problem with supercroppin even after week 3.

G

greenops

Bushmaster is also supposed to be good at stopping stretch, although I have no first hand experience.

You could also strip the leaves from the ones that are too tall, it will stunt their growth. That is something I do with success.

I have also (accidentally) bent and broken branches during the stretch while moving them under the screen. I'll tape them back together and they heal up fine and still produce just fine. I would venture to say if you had to supercrop then do it. If they overgrow then you'll just have other problems anyway.

Its amazing how a snapped branch can heal. I'm currenly in week 2 of 12/12, and i'm scrogging 1 Kushberry and 2 Fruity Chronic Juice. I snapped 2 tops as I moved them under the sceen. The stem stayed attached by a hair! I almost teared it off i was so frustrated. but I tapped it and indeed it has recovered.

Top Bottom