high temp problem ( homebox XL,cooltube and 5 '' 350m3 extractor )

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

i have major temp problem ( 27C in homebox for now,it will be hotter in summer ) .
i have 5 '' extractor (350m3 ) @ 5"cooltube with 600w dual spectrum hps.i also have a 400m3 carb filter.i have homebox XL .

homebox XL growtent is 1,2 metre X 1,2 metre X 2 metre. it is in a room where 5 metre X 6 metre ( yes it is a big room )

exhaust fan extracts air from tent to outside of room (in fact,outside of house from roof ) where homebox in it .

we are in spring and it is almost 22 C here. in summer,it will be getting hotter ( more than 25 )

the temperature in the grow tent is always 5 - 6 C hotter than room. what can i do to decrease temperature in homebox ?

if i upgrade my extractor,i will have to change my carb filter ,too. ( that shits are expensive ) .so i want to solve my problem without buying new carbon filter .
my current Air flow:
carbon filter> cooltube>extractor>outside of the tent

i can add a 5 '' extractor for cooltube (new airflow would be like this : air flow1 : outside of tent > cooltube > extractor>outside of tent,airflow2 : carbon filter> extractor > outside of tent )

homebox doesnt have extra vent holes for cooltube.i also have to buy homebox flange and homebox reducer ( total cost of homebox flanges to penetrate 2 holes for cooltube is 60 € )

if i had darkroom secret jardin,i would choose this :
( air flow1 : outside of tent > cooltube > extractor>outside of tent,airflow2 : carbon filter> extractor > outside of tent )

or i can simply add 5'' extractor for active intake .

Adddind a 5'' rvk extractor for active intake is simplier ( and cheaper ) for me . cant i decrease temperature by adding a 5'' rvk extractor as active intake ?

What is the benefit of active intake extractor ?

PS : if i add extractor for active intake,the air would come from the room where homebox in .i cant bring air from outside of room where homebox in via active intake .

which is better ?

D

diesel

having an intake from outside 4inch is what i would do,.. ultimately lofts get hot in the summer,.. make sure the intake is on a wall which does not get sunny durning the day,.. that should also help. The point is u need to bring in air cooler than in the ambient loft,. outside is best. or run your light at night ,.. in the summer u get higher co2 at night because of the plants breathing !!

peace

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I had to add a forced air intake as well in order to control the heat.

So I had a 4" 178cfm inline fan blowing into one of the 4' holes in the bottom portion of the tent as well as the 6" 440cfm fan on the exhaust. All completely seperate from the cool tube loop from inside to outside.

Tex

Top Bottom