High temps first grow

• Thread starter gjreeves88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Hi I'm currently in vegging a strawberry cream and a blue dream under cfl lighting i added an extra light and now the temps with light on range between 82-90 degrees but mostly between 85-88.. i know this is a bit high but how will it really effect things in the long run...also Ill add that I think temps will drop when its time to flower because its the hottest part of the year in so cal right now so in two weeks hopefully it cools down...

Haggardass

Haggardass

photosynthesis slows at higher temps and stops after that so it is essentially stunting your growth if your using cfls its next to impossible to run temps to high unless you dont have adequate ventilation, that's the beauty if cfls they run nice and cool. Also make sure that they are right down on top of your plants to keep them from stretching out to much. So run a bigger fan, or a fan period of you don't have one, is leaving the space open an option? obviously you couldn't do that un flower but it would buy you some time to get it fixed and not hurt your plants.

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

Haggard is right, if your rooms too hot while only running cfls, then i would start looking at other ways to cool your room such as more ventilation or an a/c unit. you can however grow in high temps if the plants are receiving enough C02. Either get a fan streaming fresh air from outside directly onto your plants, or enrich your environment with c02. you can get c02 regulators and tanks at your local grow shop, if they dont have them, tell them to step their game up.

A

ashleybr85

1. Honestly think about people say temps play a huge part In plant development but if you think about weed thrives in Mexico, afghanistan and pakistan where it's hot as hell in the day but cool at night if you can keep your temps in the 70's during the light off cycle your plant will thrive as long as you have proper ventilation and no stagnant air you will be fine after all you are growing a weed so if you don't make it difficult it wont be difficult as I'm semi new to growing mmj I do have a masters degree in biology and plant science​

Haggardass

Haggardass

1. Honestly think about people say temps play a huge part In plant development but if you think about weed thrives in Mexico, afghanistan and pakistan where it's hot as hell in the day but cool at night if you can keep your temps in the 70's during the light off cycle your plant will thrive as long as you have proper ventilation and no stagnant air you will be fine after all you are growing a weed so if you don't make it difficult it wont be difficult as I'm semi new to growing mmj I do have a masters degree in biology and plant science

Just because it grows there naturally doesnt mean it grows to its full potential nor that it cant be grown better elsewhere like an indoor controlled environment. While it is true your growing a weed it still can do better with attention and a stabilized environment then it could ever do in its natural habitat. You definitely need to get your temps under control a 6 inch inline fan is relatively cheap hell 100 bucks and they work great you can always get a speed controller and turn it down then you can build up your grow slowly if you choose to later that fan will work for 600 watt hps no problem.

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

1. Honestly think about people say temps play a huge part In plant development but if you think about weed thrives in Mexico, afghanistan and pakistan where it's hot as hell in the day but cool at night if you can keep your temps in the 70's during the light off cycle your plant will thrive as long as you have proper ventilation and no stagnant air you will be fine after all you are growing a weed so if you don't make it difficult it wont be difficult as I'm semi new to growing mmj I do have a masters degree in biology and plant science
ya i guess i can agree with you in a sense because after all, it is a weed and it will find a way to grow. but unfortunately, I consider myself a "picky smoker" which means i like dank bud. I tend to like my bud very dense and pungent with lots of trichomes. When your growing a marijuana plant, you want its entire life cycle in close to perfect climate. However, I dont have a masters degree, matter of fact, i dropped out of college to grow. but i can tell you one thing, i can grow one hell of a mmj plant. be courteous to others with questions, dont post something unless you really know what your talking about. not trying to be too harsh.

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

Stay
Hi I'm currently in vegging a strawberry cream and a blue dream under cfl lighting i added an extra light and now the temps with light on range between 82-90 degrees but mostly between 85-88.. i know this is a bit high but how will it really effect things in the long run...also Ill add that I think temps will drop when its time to flower because its the hottest part of the year in so cal right now so in two weeks hopefully it cools down...
stay under 80 with no co2,put an 8in. inline exaust fan,with 2 8in. in air holes with 1 way flaps and screens on the outside of intake holes. If you dont ATLEAST double the intake holes you will pull too much neg. pressure. Or just add a co2 burner and a/c unit. with that you can run temps in the mid to upper 80s.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
In southern california right now its in the 90s. My place is 93 outside and Im a couple miles from the beach. In my living room right now with two fans on me its 84. My point is if your bringing air between 85 and 90 degrees into your grow it doesnt matter what you do short of an AC to fix the problem. This isnt a problem of removing heat. This is a problem of heat being there in the first place.

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

In southern california right now its in the 90s. My place is 93 outside and Im a couple miles from the beach. In my living room right now with two fans on me its 84. My point is if your bringing air between 85 and 90 degrees into your grow it doesnt matter what you do short of an AC to fix the problem. This isnt a problem of removing heat. This is a problem of heat being there in the first place.
im in mich., in the summer it gets to 90s with high humidity. i run 4 1k watt hps,iuse the xxxl also but i bring air in from the other room to cool the lights. Also i piped my central air into the room. your best bet would be to seal the room, run co2 add a/c. You can also keep the glass in your hoods leave one end open in the room and duct work it out the window with a inline fan. check into negative pressure though if you dont have a way to bring air into the room.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
im in mich., in the summer it gets to 90s with high humidity. i run 4 1k watt hps,iuse the xxxl also but i bring air in from the other room to cool the lights. Also i piped my central air into the room. your best bet would be to seal the room, run co2 add a/c. You can also keep the glass in your hoods leave one end open in the room and duct work it out the window with a inline fan. check into negative pressure though if you dont have a way to bring air into the room.
??? Im in a sealed room with a perfect environment. Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

sorry,, a/c is the only way....get central air and youll be good chillin and pipe it to your room

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I dont have any problems...zero! I was trying to help the guy who started this thread but some how youve focused on me? Lets turn the focus to the guy with the problems ie the guy who started the thread.

gjreeves88

gjreeves88

well thanks for all the replys...Im growing with cfls btw and in a closet with no real ventilation other then the cracks on top of the doors. BUT the doors are almost always open when the lights are on. Temps have gotten a bit better (bought a new fan put the pots lower to the floor) Plants are healthy tho..maybe growing a tad slow but I over watered once and assumed that was why growth slowed for a day or 2.

J

John Ditchweed

Yes plants grow in mexico and in area's that have a higher range of temps... that is a fact that no one here can deny. But what wasn't elaborated on is what types of marijuana plants are grow in those regions. Mostly 100% sativa's are grow in those regions. So yes high temps and sat's go together doesn't mean that all types of marijuana like or prefer to be in these temp ranges. But the guy with the biology degree should have been able to point that out.... lol

Bannacis

Bannacis

Cannabis is not a weed..... It is the most beautiful FLOWER in the world.
weed is just a slang name like pot or grass.
It is not a simple weed, but a complex flower of many many different varieties...
thank you.

reloader

reloader

Cannabis is not a weed..... It is the most beautiful FLOWER in the world.
weed is just a slang name like pot or grass.
It is not a simple weed, but a complex flower of many many different varieties...
thank you.
Well said!

Top Bottom