HIGH! THC Farmer Newb Lvl 1 HERE! Hoping to break the 20% THC Barrier first harvest :) Help ME?

• Thread starter 1Love1Life1Plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1Love1Life1Plant

Hi THC Farmer Community!

Researched a ton from all of your guys grows, LOVE ALL THIS INFO that i have gotten from all you over the past years.

ITS GAME TIME NOW! Finally gettings my 1st grow planned out, and am reaching out hoping to get a few pro growers help possibly to get those hiiiiii numbers i want

Basically here is my checklist of stuff to buy so far. by all means please tell me if i need to add anything!:

16x11x7 space about garage

10x100 ft panda plastic 50
tent zipper some ceiling hooks ,,
Corner brackets ,, and 3 sheets of any type of plywood for the floor 40

carbon air filter 200
ac unit 50
4 lights 1000 watts HPS hydrofarm w ballasts
4 ice box heat exhanger

clones (gotta keep it legal for my county, capped at 6)
5chem valley kush
1 ogk

nutes, poisons, etc 100
Ebb Monster - 6 Site System w/55 Gal Res 400
OR
Ebb and Gro - PRO Hydro System 475
Cant wait to start rocking on that stuff sooon^^^
My biggest and best question that I am now in the hunt for is this...
My growing medium. I want to use rockwool, then coco on the outside, then hydroton on the outermost side. Would using these 3 mediums together not work? HHHEEEELp here cuz im stuck here at the moment.
Hoping to update this thread in the future with gnarly ass nuggy pics before too long!
Cheers guys!
I LOVE CANNABIS!

1Love1Life1Plant

Forgot about the C02, I was gonna use the exhale co2 bags for the Co2 control, thanks, and ALSO!

AAAnd My trees are going to be ready to start flowering when i get them, going to flip 12/12 after like 1 week of getting them. They coming in hot from a wonderful supplier.

joehank

joehank

Hi,
You mentioned the ice box's but not the chiller, what do you have? I think most importantly that you need to have everything up and running for a few days atleast so you can check the conditions( environment), and that everything is working properly with no leaks. One week should be okay for the plants to get used to their new conditions before you flip, but keep an eye on them to make sure they are adjusted well, and if they are not doing good in veg than figure it out before you flip.
Alot of new growers have big visions when it comes to their first grow. I know I did, however reality slapped me in the face very quickly. Before you worry about big THC numbers, make sure you have everything else in order first. After that is taken care of, good things will follow. Best of luck!

PS...

I would try not to use the rockwool in the Ebb N Gro. They retain alot of water and based on your watering schedule, you could be inviting problems . I forget what its called, but it's when the base of the stem is too wet and it gets soft and collapses. I use E n G and I'm using hydroton only and it's always worked. Get yourself an aerocloner also. I made a DIY unit and I've always had at least 95% or better with results. Then you can go right into the E nG buckets from there.

1Love1Life1Plant

Thanks for the reply man!

I have a list so far, that it. Close to investment time though, so I'm doing all the prelims right now.

The ice boxes 8" will go on all the 1000 hps.

Ok cool, yeah still need to poison the garage, and barrier the outside the house too, just moved in so I been needing to spray anyways. Yeah I will definitely have the environment perfect before the mommas arrive.

Trying to focus on the caddillac escalade of the nute blends that will give me those gnarly results and trichomes I'm hunting for!

sky high

sky high

It's genetics and environement that will give you the fire....not what nutes ya use. Far too many folks think the magic lies in all of those overpriced bottles when nothing can be farther from the truth and all of that crap can work against you if everything else isn't up to snuff.

joehank is steerin ya in the right direction. You need ALL of this stuff set up and running for a good week before you toss the plants in... checking air and water temps/seeing that everything is working in sync.

No coco in an E & G. Just do the hydroton. Coco will clog the floats and you WILL have a flood.

oh...that's the other thing....with Ebb and Flood systems (LOL), you need to make a catch basin big enough to hold the 55 gals of water so it doesn't end up on yer floor/coming through the neighbor's ceiling when it >does< flood...

good luck with the grow.

s h

1Love1Life1Plant

Hahaha well Damnit then maybe I won't do the ebb and gro system and make on similar myself, I really wanna be able to do rockwool, then coco, then hydroton in 5 gal pots.

joehank

joehank

the ice box's need a chiller to operate. That will probably be your second most expensive item after the lights, except if you have well water and can pump it from there.

Chobble

Chobble

Isnt 4 lights excessive for 6 plants only vegged for a week?

This....

Alright. If you have been studying up for years, you probably wouldn't be saying some of the things you have. Its your first grow, I get that, a lot of us had the same misinformed ideals.

First off, Like Cort said 4000watts for those plants is wayyyyyy to much unless they've been vegged for like 2 months and are in 20+ gallon containers.

Secondly, If your a complete noobie to hydroponics and horticulture then dont try growing your first plants with anything but organic soil. Go buy some Fox Farms Ocean Forest at the store. Its a lot easier to screw up with Hydro, and your going to hate yourself if you spend 600$ a month on power and kill your plants first round.

Last but not least, Dont buy into all the hype about nutrients, especially chemical ones. They're all the same.

Chobble

P.S. Its Genetics that break the 20% THC barrier not the person.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^I couldn't have said it better myself, so take there word for it and listen to them. I would use 2 lights max for the # of plants you have (1 sounds good too) and definately go with soil your 1st couple of grows. THC has alot more to do with genetics not how many lights or nutrients you have.

Speaking of nutrients, keep it simple. Get 1 bottle for veg, 1 for bloom, 1 for micros and 1 bottle of a PK boost, if the bloom has magnesium, iron, manganese, boron, ect. then you could skip the bottle of micro if you want (thats what I did this round because my Tiger Bloom has plenty of micros) but its up to you. Remember, keep it simple, you don't need 17 different bottles of nutrients like the assholes at Advance Nutrients recommends.

Another important issue is ventilation, even if you use only 1 light you still need good air flow and your carbon filter/fan combo needs to be enough to exchange the air in your room at least 2-3 times a minute. 16'x11' is huge and I hope you don't plan on using the whole area for your grow, you only need like 4'x4' for each light, so 2 lights would be 4'x8' or something in that range of 30-45 sq.ft. which means you need a fan/filter that is at least 450 CFM.

There is so much more but I'm not gonna talk your head off bro, good luck and please follow our advice, I know you wanna hit a home run your 1st at bat, but sometimes its better to hit a few singles, then go big ;)

1Love1Life1Plant

Guys my flowers I will get 3 feet tall ready to flower plants, they are ready to flower when I get them in my setup basically..

1Love1Life1Plant

the ice box's need a chiller to operate. That will probably be your second most expensive item after the lights, except if you have well water and can pump it from there.

Shit damnit, that might end up making me scratch that whole syste
Then and going to vortex fans... What u guys think?

1Love1Life1Plant

This....

Alright. If you have been studying up for years, you probably wouldn't be saying some of the things you have. Its your first grow, I get that, a lot of us had the same misinformed ideals.

First off, Like Cort said 4000watts for those plants is wayyyyyy to much unless they've been vegged for like 2 months and are in 20+ gallon containers.

Secondly, If your a complete noobie to hydroponics and horticulture then dont try growing your first plants with anything but organic soil. Go buy some Fox Farms Ocean Forest at the store. Its a lot easier to screw up with Hydro, and your going to hate yourself if you spend 600$ a month on power and kill your plants first round.

Last but not least, Dont buy into all the hype about nutrients, especially chemical ones. They're all the same.

Chobble

P.S. Its Genetics that break the 20% THC barrier not the person.

Thanks for the tips but I disagree, I am learning to grow hydro, going in head first with my 6 trees, time energy and money involved, I am growing rockwool and coco hydro not soil.

1Love1Life1Plant

I'm prolly going to go 3 lights now 3000 hps for the 6 mommies, due to feedback from
Everyone

Gonna run 5 gallon buckets

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
^^^ ok, now i get how my parents felt when they tried to school me and i only partically listened. Haha, i guess ull learn like most of us, teials and tribulation.

Confu...

1Love1Life1Plant

^^^ ok, now i get how my parents felt when they tried to school me and i only partically listened. Haha, i guess ull learn like most of us, teials and tribulation.

Confu...

"grow soil"

Fuck the system I want hydro, didn't wait 24 years to grow soil!

Fuck that haha

1Love1Life1Plant

Obviously it might not be the best 25%+ shit first time, but they gonna be very healthy mommas and I would absolutely need to fuck up before they dying.

Is rockwool, then coco, then hydroton in 5 gallon pots hooked up to a water system and reservoir, is that too crazy to think of?

Chobble

Chobble

Good Luck, Your going to need it. Dont see the need in posting if you know it all :D

Chobble

1Love1Life1Plant

Good Luck, Your going to need it. Dont see the need in posting if you know it all :D

Chobble

QQ cry more bro, thanks for ignoring my questions and forcing yourself?

Whatevers I'm good ha

1Love1Life1Plant

Still waiting on the medium gem... Still heavy in my planning stages.

Does Rockwool surrounded by coco then hydroton, will that work or will that kill my shit as soon as it starts?

Latest posts

Top Bottom