High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

There are plenty of people who swear by it, including the guy at the hydro store who's kids I am undoubtedly putting thru prep school right now.

Here is what is going in there right now. I am following the correct ratios between the 3 but running way less than they say to. If I run at the recommended concentration I get nute burn in this system - just way too much respiration.

View attachment 1094411

View attachment 1094422

Right ratio is 1:1:1
When I switch the lights in about a week it will move to 1:2:3

Do you think we need additional Sulphur?
I use the same nutes at full strength and add 5ml gal calmag. If my petioles turn red I use epsom salts for extra mag and I sometimes mix in garden gypsum in my coco b4 transplant.

MrToad

MrToad

Those have got to be their concentrates...

53% THCV ?
Seems impossible but who knows.
Maybe a freak of nature.
Saw this today in the Soft Secrets from march, not online yet so just a crappy Pic.
About the Novarine from Elite Seeds.
View attachment 1099242
53% THCV ?
Seems impossible but who knows.
Maybe a freak of nature.
Saw this today in the Soft Secrets from march, not online yet so just a crappy Pic.
About the Novarine from Elite Seeds.
View attachment 1099242

MrToad

MrToad

As far as I know Doug's Varin was the Holy Grail of THCV..as I probably mention GW Pharmaceuticals proprietary strain..
Last I heard rumour was it's THCV concentration from flower was in the low teens...
For there it gets refined into concentrates...

How's your grow coming Red..Ladies looking good? (Sorry been busy the last while)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

As far as I know Doug's Varin was the Holy Grail of THCV..as I probably mention GW Pharmaceuticals proprietary strain..
Last I heard rumour was it's THCV concentration from flower was in the low teens...
For there it gets refined into concentrates...

How's your grow coming Red..Ladies looking good? (Sorry been busy the last while)

Yeah, me too man. Just stopped in to poke Milson in the eye on the other thread.

I've got 5/6 THC Victory fully rooted out and ready to move to the veg tent now, but I'm out of hydroton so that'll end up tomorrow. One of the babies didn't make the cull. So instead I just took 3 Durban Poison clones to fill in as my 6th. I'll pick the one closest to the size of the seedlings at the time they are ready and finish the grow with 5/1.

LED flower is bonkers. Growing like a weed into the stretch.

HID tent has settled down and is putting on mass now. Not quite time to switch on the UVB but getting close. I expect this tent to render 3 - 4 pounds dry.

I had a real tough time with this grow and the environment. I had to run for 11 days with the tent open because it was a polar vortex outside and my AC quit working. Normally I run a sealed tent with CO2, so without changing a bunch of stuff to vent, just rode it out. Then once the tent got sealed back up, the dehumidifier decided to only take out about a gallon a day. So yeah, all the tech bit me in the ass on this one. But they still look good and healthy, just a little taco salad going on. Sorry I am not into photography

IMG 2429

Because of all this, I got some sensors that I could monitor from everywhere. So far I'm liking it.

Screenshot 2021 03 08 at 62619 PM

I also just ordered 99% pure THVC concentrate. We'll see how real it is. If its truly pure THCV, that would be quite impressive. Apparently THCV is in hemp in sufficient quantity to make isolation feasible. I'm intrigued.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

When someone finds a high THCv plant can you just mail me a cut? I'm getting tired of searching...

shaganja

shaganja

Even funnier considering 🤣 these girls take 3 to 4 months to 🌼🌻. And depending on project, you are doing many generations to find your girl. This kind of project is something not many growers are willing to put their time toward. So much kudos to those who are taking on this project!!

Skeptik

Skeptik

This so misses the point and the goal for those of us who are actually involved. Not gonna speak for Red, but I have no illusions of forging a strain from raw genetics and making a fortune from it. The genetics for high THCV exist -- and I'm pretty confident that we posses them among us -- it's just a matter of validating the chemotype for the one we want and move on. Not a multigenerational project; primarily just growing out plants and multiplying the keepers.

Even funnier considering 🤣 these girls take 3 to 4 months to 🌼🌻. And depending on project, you are doing many generations to find your girl. This kind of project is something not many growers are willing to put their time toward. So much kudos to those who are taking on this project!!

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

So you can market it?
So I can breed it, refine it, back cross it and eventually market the high THCv strain yes. Why is anyone opposed to helping someone else make money? I will send my high THCv cuts to people and if they can profit from it, GOOD. I just want to help people in need of natural medicine. Am I supposed to live in the poor house working over 50 hours a week and barely scraping by while I do it?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
This so misses the point and the goal for those of us who are actually involved. Not gonna speak for Red, but I have no illusions of forging a strain from raw genetics and making a fortune from it. The genetics for high THCV exist -- and I'm pretty confident that we posses them among us -- it's just a matter of validating the chemotype for the one we want and move on. Not a multigenerational project; primarily just growing out plants and multiplying the keepers.
Speaking just for myself, there isn't really an end goal here. I have three Ethiopian seedlings going and I'm interested in breeding for cannabinoid ratios. I'm hoping to exchange cuts etc at some point. That's about it.

If i trip into medicine that can help my dad at some point, miracle. Not holding my breath.

And yeah, definitely not making money. Thankfully, i am in a position where i spend relatively little and don't struggle too hard to make. Crossing my work life in with my plant life does not sound appealing right now.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So I can breed it, refine it, back cross it and eventually market the high THCv strain yes. Why is anyone opposed to helping someone else make money? I will send my high THCv cuts to people and if they can profit from it, GOOD. I just want to help people in need of natural medicine. Am I supposed to live in the poor house working over 50 hours a week and barely scraping by while I do it?
When people are being generous with their time/knowledge etc asking nothing in return, and then someone wants to take the product of that generosity as capital for their own money-making ventures, people may look 🧐 at that.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

When people are being generous with their time/knowledge etc asking nothing in return, and then someone wants to take the product of that generosity as capital for their own money-making ventures, people may look 🧐 at that.
I'm taking my time knowledge and money and breeding, growing and selecting keepers. I will take the best that I have and share it with any person that asks for free. What they do with it afterwards is their own business. So if I share I do it out of kindness of my heart. If someone else shares with me why would it make any difference to them what I do with their cuts afterwards, it wouldn't be taking money from their pockets or harming them in any way.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

So the government and people who are already rich make money from cannabis every day. I am passionate for the plant, I'm a caring person that wants to help people, I'm as poor as a church mouse and I'm being condemned because I want to create my own strain and profit from it?
Any money that I would potentially make from any gifted cut would be close to a decade away. I will have to breed, back cross and grow out and test multiple seeds b4 being able to market anything. If anyone that said anything about me trying to make money has ever sold any weed that you didn't create yourself then you are a hypocrite.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You guys act like I said send me free cuts and I will market them and rename them as my own...

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I just wanna trade keeper cuts of high THCv strains, what I do with said cuts is my own business. If you don't like it don't trade me and get off of my thread

Top Bottom