High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I was hoping there was a link there that I did not know because I probably would have paid the 500 pounds for the seeds if they were real.

I hope they turn out for you. I'm a cautious fan.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

On the left is a classic seeds afghooie extract sample showing fairly high CBG, CBC and THCv, as well as plenty of THC.

Classic Seeds Afghooie -70s Afghani x Maui Wowie (mexican x afghani)
View attachment 1080996

Can you elaborate about the test on the left? 3rd lane is afghooie? Looks partially decarbed? Or maybe an edible?

Was the THCV noticeable when consumed? What extract form was this taken from?

1gPerWattPlease

1gPerWattPlease

I circled the bait hard on the THC Victory but ultimately did not pull the trigger. If I had a confirmed report that it was not just marketing, I would have made the purchase. Perhaps it is you that will confirm the genetics are real?

I'm happy to test for you if we can figure out the logistics. I'm in St. Louis.

Your motivations are very similar to mine, I look forward to working with you!
St Louis, my parents just moved to ash grove. We can definitely figure it out. I'd love to send you samples to test. I was thinking about sending a sample to a lab then having you test the same sample so you can have a point of reference to track THCV, if that would help. Also if you would like to send me pollen from promising males i can work with, then send resulting progeny back to you and other growers for testing.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I remembered where i saw someone growing thcv strains!

Screenshot 20210121 101923

@Jack og hey man would you kind sharing your experience?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Conditions were consistently good throughout the grow. In his 2.4 m² room Mr José grew 9 THC-Victory (around 6% THCV & 6% THC) plants.

THCV Grow Report by Mr. Jose. Any chance you are on THCFarmer Mr. Jose?

Encouraged, but discouraged. Perfect opportunity to post lab results, not just "around 6%" if you are trying to sell $500 seeds. Also report sits on the Dutch Passion website, so it could just be marketing.

I really want to know if this is real! Could save me a year or more of testing.

texasjack

texasjack

Can you elaborate about the test on the left? 3rd lane is afghooie? Looks partially decarbed? Or maybe an edible?

Was the THCV noticeable when consumed? What extract form was this taken from?

The whole test on the left is Afghooie. Right is sour su

I dont know anything about that stuff. I supplied those seeds to a friend who was breeding for medical in Amsterdam. He is in Canada now doing the same. Let me see if i can find out for you...he just text me yesterday said he got another package i sent of strains to test.

JTShakes

JTShakes

Supposedly 10:8 thc:thcv ...

Has anyone purchased from this site before?
They say 'In stock' and can be added to cart, but the site also says they take bitcoin yet provides no payment option at checkout, so 🤷‍♂️

Its not on the market yet.
They say soon...

Couldn't add it to cart a few days ago but I can now...maybe it's true? Haven't seen it pop up as 'in stock' elsewhere yet. You can bet I'm going to grab a few beans if they do show up.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Has anyone purchased from this site before?
They say 'In stock' and can be added to cart, but the site also says they take bitcoin yet provides no payment option at checkout, so 🤷‍♂️

Couldn't add it to cart a few days ago but I can now...maybe it's true? Haven't seen it pop up as 'in stock' elsewhere yet. You can bet I'm going to grab a few beans if they do show up.
On the site from Elite Seeds they say its not available yet, but will come soon.
Also dont see any price yet.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Few days ago I sent an email to ask when it will be available but no answer.

Melmiller

Melmiller

Trips, if I had the genetics figured out I would share with anyone who asked. I'm still working it.

If anyone is reading this and doesn't know what THCV is, it is pretty amazing stuff. There have been studies, but not enough. To my knowledge it has not been synthesized yet like THC=Merinol. For someone with diabetes there seems to be quite a bit of promise. Just an all around interesting cannabinoid that has not been fully expressed and understood yet.

I am about to harvest 2 Jack the Rippers. I'm TLC testing weekly on those, and to this point they show no more THVC than a standard variety whatever. I'm looking hard at 3 things. I am either:

testing wrong
growing wrong
or
the genetics really are not what they are sold as.

I have the ability to control every environmental aspect (light, spectrum, temp, RH, res temp, CO2, PH, etc. etc) so if someone has an idea on what set points to change to maximize THVC, I'm all ears.

As far as the testing, I am using standard TLC tech and I have done enough of this that I get consistent results. I think the biggest factor in expressing THCV is the decarb prior to TLC testing. I think THCV needs longer and hotter than THC to move it from acid to a nice spot on the plate, which will diminish the THC and CBD components, but I'm fine with that if it works. Still testing that theory out.

As far as the genetics, I have done Durban Poison and Jack the Ripper. I would be willing to pay the exorbitant price for THC Victory if I knew it was legit. Bottom line, I don't have the answer yet. But I am fully engaged in finding it and sharing with anyone when I do. I am open to ideas.

I have a bit of a lab in my basement. I think I may be a little unique there. If anyone has ideas but does not have a lab to try them in, I'll be your daisy, just gotta be a repeatable test using the scientific method is my only requirement. If it is not repeatable by another party, it is not data.
Following..Im a mom of 2 diabetic children. Well 21 year old and 9 year old, You totally caught my attention with diabetes.

MrToad

MrToad

Elite Seeds, spanish seed bank is soon releasing a high THCV variety.

Hey Gang
I had a friend put my on to this thread..the elusive pursuit of THCV and have pursued many of the angles.

(Sorry if my statements have already covered as I have just begun to read the thread)

Poekie..re: The Novarine...I pursued that about a year ago; even going as far as to contact the seedbank and was told of an imminent release of the Novarine strain...Upon further numerous inquries, the company went dark and refused to answer my questions..I thats a dead end.

I've grown out Subcool's Jack the Ripper, but didnt test, rather hoped for the tell tales sign of uplifting (speedy'ish or appetite suppressant)..no luck.

I've been told also..Black Willy, Vietnamese Black and possibly Durban Poison..and of course, Dutch Passion's "Victory" gouge..

sorry to jump in, not being up to speed..Its just nice to find others pursuing same hunt.. :)

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Hey Gang
I had a friend put my on to this thread..the elusive pursuit of THCV and have pursued many of the angles.

(Sorry if my statements have already covered as I have just begun to read the thread)

Poekie..re: The Novarine...I pursued that about a year ago; even going as far as to contact the seedbank and was told of an imminent release of the Novarine strain...Upon further numerous inquries, the company went dark and refused to answer my questions..I thats a dead end.

I've grown out Subcool's Jack the Ripper, but didnt test, rather hoped for the tell tales sign of uplifting (speedy'ish or appetite suppressant)..no luck.

I've been told also..Black Willy, Vietnamese Black and possibly Durban Poison..and of course, Dutch Passion's "Victory" gouge..

sorry to jump in, not being up to speed..Its just nice to find others pursuing same hunt.. :)
It looks like novarine is available now on the website but they don't ship international so you'll have to search for another spanish seedbank that carries it if they have it yet.

MrToad

MrToad

I'd still take that with a grain of salt till you contact them..

Looking at my notes...
The lady I was chatting with from Elite Seeds was Anna Ramon Molla

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Hey Gang

I wonder why they dont want to communicate, and if you already asked a year ago, i guess they have had more inquiring emails.

Top Bottom