High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That is very interesting!

I am curious what something very racy and kind of panicky looks like with the addition of limonene. Kind of a pet theory on that terp and nyc Diesel. Had another interesting data point in its use to calm down anxiety re: psychedelics use.

The idea here is I can build any medicine I want. Customize it to the person.

Happy to help you out if you wanna try something.

For the wife I will be building things like morning, noon, night, and "bad day" I'll get it figured out what that means exactly with trial and error.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey MR

I was just looking at the setup...
How is the temp in the vapor path measured?

There is a port for a thermal couple by the left corner of Beaker's mouth.

I just ordered some fittings upgrades, I'll get a better shot once I have all the parts.

Skeptik

Skeptik

For the wife I will be building things like morning, noon, night, and "bad day" I'll get it figured out what that means exactly with trial and error.

Serious shit, Man. You are my extraction Hero!

Have you noted a difference in effects as your cannabinoid/terpene extractions eliminate the entourage effect? Checking the effects of various combinations of the components would be *really* interesting, and only pursued with a setup like this.

BunnyAnd.Ducky

BunnyAnd.Ducky

Got my Varins G today. 😁
IMG 20210213 190523783

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Serious shit, Man. You are my extraction Hero!

Have you noted a difference in effects as your cannabinoid/terpene extractions eliminate the entourage effect? Checking the effects of various combinations of the components would be *really* interesting, and only pursued with a setup like this.

We are trying to put some data around this now, patients use an app that tracks how it makes them feel and reminds to check in, etc. Called Releaf

So there is a bit of the - here try this one - labeled purple with no other info. Then we keep track of all the blind taste tests and try to convert it to information.

This little setup will take me to the next level.

MITROXA

MITROXA

It even has THCv :CBG 1:1 on the package.
Hi, what is "1:1"???

0,003% Thcv and 0,003% cbg???

^^

My friend @autogrouv growing plant 8% THCv, and this says: official.

Also, Sam_Skunkman selected strain up to 10% THCv many years ago... Your genetics include this?

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter

Excellent idea !
I think that looks like the israeli model, probably the most advanced in the world today.

shaganja

shaganja

Negative ghost rider the pattern is full. 😇

Sounds like a job for you!
I would, but I got all these to run!! These six are my recipe.
Durban poison (cannabiogen)
Malawi gold (ace)
Mekanika haze (plantformers)
Wild thailand (real seed company)
Vietnamese black (reeferman)
Balkhi (real seed company)
Will be cracking soon!

BunnyAnd.Ducky

BunnyAnd.Ducky

Hi, what is "1:1"???

0,003% Thcv and 0,003% cbg???

^^

My friend @autogrouv growing plant 8% THCv, and this says: official.

Also, Sam_Skunkman selected strain up to 10% THCv many years ago... Your genetics include this?

Sorry for my bad english
Not sure the amounts.
I will have to find out by effects because I don't have any fancy testing capabilities.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sorry for the multiquote, what you've mentioned from the beginning of this thread has me beyond interested in following suit as I'm not your typical grower/stoner type. I'm about data, and finding solutions to problems; this plant offering a lot that has yet to be analyzed through real empirical data analysis.

Full disclosure, I skipped 32 pages to get here, I'll go back and re-read, but I wanted to throw some anecdotes behind each of these quotes.

Funny just how little consensus there is on what to do. Intelligent people with good experience disagree on even the little things like how much heat or humidity.

Maybe we can do some sort of poll as to what conditions to test, and I'll be the team's virtual lab: growing, testing, documenting, reporting and perhaps we can figure this out together? I would share 100% of the data and resulting genetics to whoever wants them.
What metrics are you capable of tracking? Where is the data stored, and how can one be certain it hasn't been tampered with? The tools for measurement, are they industry standard and thoroughly tested to confirm that they are returning data within tolerable error margins?

I don't mean to come off as doubtful or combative. I am a software engineer, and data is a huge component of what I do, so this offering intrigues me while throwing a flag as a tall ask -- without verifiable controls, statistics are easily manipulated to serve anyone's purpose. In the context of this discussion thread, there are potentially hundreds if not thousands of influences leading to definitive answers of "this plus that plus the other lead to X."

I'm further intrigued by this. I have four patients that I'm working on something similar. Given human physiology, and the watering down of the gene pool of cannabis at this point, I'm curious to hear more about what you've learned in this regard, and if you've correlated different variations of sativa-to-indica dominance for each medicinal application.

We are trying to put some data around this now, patients use an app that tracks how it makes them feel and reminds to check in, etc. Called Releaf

So there is a bit of the - here try this one - labeled purple with no other info. Then we keep track of all the blind taste tests and try to convert it to information.

This little setup will take me to the next level.
Is this application publicly available? I'd be curious to review the source code if it's FOSS, otherwise I'm hesitant to introduce this to those I provide for as I'm highly data privacy conscious.

Further, without double blind testing, it's not truly valid test results -- this comes from decades of university research and confirmation bias playing a huge role in the test administer driving their hypothesis to the conclusions they want, not the conclusions that are there.

Like I said, I hope I'm not coming across as a total a-hole; I just trust data, and the more of it, the better. Feedback you can offer on the points I brought up would be great! You're doing some awesome stuff from what I've read!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sorry for the multiquote, what you've mentioned from the beginning of this thread has me beyond interested in following suit as I'm not your typical grower/stoner type. I'm about data, and finding solutions to problems; this plant offering a lot that has yet to be analyzed through real empirical data analysis.

Couldn't agree more, welcome to the fray

What metrics are you capable of tracking? Where is the data stored, and how can one be certain it hasn't been tampered with? The tools for measurement, are they industry standard and thoroughly tested to confirm that they are returning data within tolerable error margins?

So this is where it gets a little dicey. I started this whole project with the thought I would control and track everything:

Lights
CO2
Temp
RH
PH
Nutes
Res Temp
with the ability to do more as needed. I could not find a device that met my needs, so I built one. Ver 1.0 was a 5.5" TFT touch with a 3d printed shell and parts that used a Raspberry Pi 4 as the core. I made the decision of using Bluetooth to connect to sensors, etc and that was a mistake. I think the metal on the walls of the tent was blocking signals intermittently. Not bad, but enough that I was not impressed. So I took that system down and 2.0 is on the bench. It is using a 10.1" TFT now (5.5 was too small for the amount needed to be displayed without having to dive thru a bunch of menus) and I am using I2C thru ethernet cables to connect. This should be much more stable and usable.

That said, I kinda got a bit on my plate, so it is not on the front burner. All of the set points above are in fact controlled, but there is no data storage capability with off the shelf products. I'll get you a pic tonight to help better explain.

Ultimately, I think the results we are looking for are primarily in the genes, not the environment so that has been my focus as of late. Not that this information is not useful, I have just changed my viewpoint based on the experience of others and feedback on this thread.

I don't mean to come off as doubtful or combative. I am a software engineer, and data is a huge component of what I do, so this offering intrigues me while throwing a flag as a tall ask -- without verifiable controls, statistics are easily manipulated to serve anyone's purpose. In the context of this discussion thread, there are potentially hundreds if not thousands of influences leading to definitive answers of "this plus that plus the other lead to X."

You Dick!

JK

I started my career fresh out of college (RIT in Rochester NY) as an electrical engineer. I worked at Kodak in the R&D labs. After about 8 years, I saw the need to get into SW, so I went back for Comp Sci.

I do this because I can, and because it pleases me. I'll share any data I have with anyone who wants it, and if they don't believe it or think I am fudging numbers, OK. But I can't for the life of me think of a reason to do so. I'd be cheating myself, for what exactly? It's not like I am getting paid to find a certain number or out to prove a specific point - I'm just trying to figure this stuff out and there is no benefit to lying to yourself.

I'm further intrigued by this. I have four patients that I'm working on something similar. Given human physiology, and the watering down of the gene pool of cannabis at this point, I'm curious to hear more about what you've learned in this regard, and if you've correlated different variations of sativa-to-indica dominance for each medicinal application.

Now I hope I don't sound like a dick, but the sativa / indica debate is completely misleading. These 2 words should be all but erased from our vernacular. I'll dig up a link on that later.

Is this application publicly available? I'd be curious to review the source code if it's FOSS, otherwise I'm hesitant to introduce this to those I provide for as I'm highly data privacy conscious.

Further, without double blind testing, it's not truly valid test results -- this comes from decades of university research and confirmation bias playing a huge role in the test administer driving their hypothesis to the conclusions they want, not the conclusions that are there.

Yes, for me it is. I do all this for one little lady, and when she is happy, I know I did the right thing. I do not intend to let this project scope creep to the point that it is all things to all people, I just don't have the resourses or the skills. It's just me and my internet buddies here. I have no way to implement a proper double blind study.

Now, I did speak to @amekins early on and she has some experience along these lines of clinical trials. I am totally open to supporting any effort like that should one get charted out by the smart folks with medical / clinical background. I don't know how that would work exactly, on this part I'll be a supporter not a leader.

Like I said, I hope I'm not coming across as a total a-hole; I just trust data, and the more of it, the better. Feedback you can offer on the points I brought up would be great! You're doing some awesome stuff from what I've read!

I value the direct approach. You are welcome any time to put in your thoughts and more importantly call me out when you see I am doing something wrong. I'd love a Chemist, a Botanist, and an MD to all participate here, without them we will have to rely on each other for error correcting. You will find I am more open minded than your average bear and internalize feedback carefully. I promise to look past the word choice (for anyone) and try to get to the meaning. And yes, I love that motherfucker Samuel Jackson so bring that energy and I'll smirk when I read you!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey what the hell ever happened to @TripsRabbit ? He's the OP and he has ghosted us! Come back Trips!

TadKooler

TadKooler

I am down 45 pounds since Nov 2020. Started my journey a bit before Thanksgiving. I have about that much more to go. But I am already a different human.

While that loss is not completely related to the Durban Poison I have grown, it is definitely a help. I'm a wussy and don't really get THC high unless I make a mistake, but the DP I grew was low in THC and had a little THCV blip, not much at all. But consumption of the full spectrum takes away any hunger for 45 mins to 1.5 hours depending on factors that day. There is little doubt in my mind it has played a role in my weight loss. I am also getting blood chemistry tests along the way, and just about everything is improving. But this is not a medicine I could take during the day due to the small amount of THC. Can a daytime THCV med without THC be made? If so, effective? I gotta find out.

I have 2 close people with diabetes bad.

I dunno, but I really feel like there are secrets to unlock in this plant that have been stifled by years of prohibition. I think that a medicine can be made specific to an individual with components from several different plants - kinda like a mega entourage effect.

I'm learning as I go, and truthfully I am smitten by this hobby, if you want to call it that. I work all day to make the money so I can rush home and play mad scientist in my lab, because that is where I really want to spend my time. If there was a way to do this for a living, I probably would.

Learning how to pull the plant apart and put it back together again the way it is needed for a specific patient (my wife primarily) is where my head is at.

Moe Red
Great Thread.

Looking for THCV as well here. I have been smoking daily since February 2019 in Michigan. I have lost 20 lbs and feel great. I smoke lots of strains and usually mix them together.

I am on my second grow and am in love with the art of growing and breeding as you seem to be.

Possible THCV strains in my seed stash are: Super Silver Haze x Kwazulu, {a couple of these are now in soil)

I will have to do a little thread research on getting them tested.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Moe Red
Great Thread.

Looking for THCV as well here. I have been smoking daily since February 2019 in Michigan. I have lost 20 lbs and feel great. I smoke lots of strains and usually mix them together.

I am on my second grow and am in love with the art of growing and breeding as you seem to be.

Possible THCV strains in my seed stash are: Super Silver Haze x Kwazulu, {a couple of these are now in soil)

I will have to do a little thread research on getting them tested.

You will have to thank @TripsRabbit for the thread, I tried a few times to get something started and it wasn't until Trips came along that it stuck and people participated.

As far as testing goes, there is a video series on how to TLC test in this thread if you want to take it to that level.

Oh, and welcome to THCFarmer

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

From my experience in testing strains by using them, I think that you can find a high THCv strain in any hybrid strain. Sour diesel was one strain that made me not hungry right away and I would look down an hour or two later and realize that I was cleaning or doing dishes. Those strains that make you zone out and work are what I like.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

From my experience in testing strains by using them, I think that you can find a high THCv strain in any hybrid strain. Sour diesel was one strain that made me not hungry right away and I would look down an hour or two later and realize that I was cleaning or doing dishes. Those strains that make you zone out and work are what I like.

Me too man. Got a bunch of shit to do - become an automaton and whistle while you work.

Trimming up live plants and training can be very zen in this state too.

Music, plants, and you, nothing else in the world. Very rewarding.

Top Bottom