High Times 2nd Annual U.S. Cannabis Cup 2014

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I attended last year by myself and ended up not linking with the few of you on here I would've liked to have hung out with/met. It was overly crowded and for the most part dull, IMHO (I stayed for about 1.5 hr and left). Anyway, tickets are on sale and I was considering going again--for some reason.. Just curious who all's going. I was hoping to pick up some seeds last year, but didn't feel like fighting the crowds of people to find breeder booths.

Bless,
primo

vaporedout

vaporedout

im the same way with the san francisco cup. we went the last 2 years and the only reason we went is to meet up with fellow thc farmers. now were in colorado springs this year, kinda thinkin we should go at least once to this one. what dates are we lookin at here? where bouts is it taking place? who knows, maybe we will try this one at least once.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

im the same way with the san francisco cup. we went the last 2 years and the only reason we went is to meet up with fellow thc farmers. now were in colorado springs this year, kinda thinkin we should go at least once to this one. what dates are we lookin at here? where bouts is it taking place? who knows, maybe we will try this one at least once.
It is 4/20 weekend again (4/19-20). Currently it is still being held at Exdo again, but w as crowded as it was last year I don't see why they would do this unless tickets are more limited this year, but I doubt they're wanting to sell LESS tickets. I had heard rumors of it being at Sports Authority Field, but I find that one hard to believe.

I mainly went bc of seeds and I wanted a T-shirt and poster, as I still have both from AMS '00 13th Annual HT CC. This year I think I am definitely going to Red Rocks for Slightly Stoopid. Redman & Method Man are playing but Ive seen them a billion times already, PRIOR to legalization. Seems a lot more now..

lino

lino

Ive never been to one, hit me up with info details as it nears,,, I heard it needs better organizing and I think it will be more people in attendance this year.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I went, it was stupid crowded. I wanted seeds, I wanted to know more people. I wanted to not be in need of personal space. I think I'd have to really be coaxed into it this time around.. I'd much rather some of us farmers get together at our mountain top retreat in the woods and see how many of us farmers we can pack into the joint.

PB

lino

lino

Butter, did you get any seeds? Do vendors hand out anything worth while.? Surely they'd organize it better this year with more tourist coming,,,

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I met some cool vendors- but they were all trying to sell all kinds of crap- matter of fact, I don't remember any booth breeders that I could get close to. I didn't get any seeds- I remember that. I'm also not a crowd guy so...
I bought two tickets but a friend backed out at the last week, so I gave a ticket off to a farmer here. He gave me seeds and I've been pretty stoked about that.

PB

Last edited:
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Well, hell.. Guess I'll give it another go. It was just SOOOOO crowded last year. Fuck it, its legal. Why not have is more like in AMS? People did more or less of a pub crawl of all participating shops, on their own time, and on their own dime. Sure the shops were crowded. But the expo hall was never that crowded bc people were more concerned about sampling cannabis than looking at paraphernalia. Plus there was the entire town to be scattered about. I'm sure the Orient, if that's where the after parties will be again, will be crowded but so was the Melkweg.

Cramming a bunch of people in such a tiny space again would be the worst idea ever, and most likely be a deal breaker for me.

EVOKE

EVOKE

ive been to quite a few high times cup and kush expo here in cali... they were fun met cool peeps hungout and smoked traded nugs and seeds... some peeps are sketchy about going or being seen... i met some really cool breeders had cool conversations even met pieguy and he kicked down some nugs and smoked it with fellow famers on here... i have a bad back so it was hard to find places to sit down but i managed... ya there definitely needs to be a growers cup not so commericalized with all these raver kids... it would be awesome if some of these mods would set up a thcfarm cup but then not sure people would want their faces seen in public.. anyhoo the HHcup is next month gonna met with some outta state farm fam cant wait to trade nugs and stories....

lino

lino

How much to be a cannabis judge? :cigar:

Need a website for the event,>?,, let me know,,, I'll donate some design work...
Colo Canna Cup Site could accommodate spectator tickets, judges and competitor entry forms and strain entries for easy viewing.

This may not be feasible for a large event but it was a prestigious honor to win a cup that a Small group of us had that would encounter only the growers voting on the best - smoke, hash, editable . , as the product was coded so you didnt know strain name or growers product you were sampling , Your ballot had your name on it. if you voted for your own product by accident , you couldnt recognize your own product, your vote would not count. You got a weeks worth of samples to take home and vote on.

This helps stop all the cheating and crying that goes on after these events.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I think we should try and leave the money out of the equation if we can- I dig the ideas re: blind judging and a couple/few weeks to sample

I bet there are more than a few spots that would like to host a couple hundred CO heads just to be able to cook food for us. In my hesitance to be in the crowd I would say we book up one of the badass campgrounds.

PB

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Saturday, May 31st.
Quarter Sack Classic Disc Golf Tournament
THCFarmers Only
Entry fee: 1/4 of your finest. There WILL be a beasters division, LOL!
Top 3 "split the pot"
Location and details TBD

you're reading the first flyer, lol. My company or my self will sponsor this; I'd like to have a lunch spread on private property immediately following the tourney. We will not be collecting entry fees at the course, of course. I do not intend for this to be a competitive dick-measuring contest, but a good time to hang with some fellow farmers.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Count me in! As soon as the wind stops I'll start warming up my throwing arm.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

We need a Colorado's growers cup! Eliminating all the gapers, so we can enjoy our true passion. I'm gonna start working on organizing something for the near future...Something like the Emerald Cup in NorCal. Nothin' but heads.

turbo

I was thinking the same thing. I've started working on a few ideas already, most importantly, finding funding for the project. Last year at a private forum, we tried to organize an event but no one had money to invest, leaving the ideas but not much more.. Money for location, bands, prizes, food, renting infrastructure, city permits.....the list goes on and on. Who the hell wants to organize a worth while event if there's no money to be made? Good parties cost money!! At this point, I'm working out the cost of initial investment.

Top Bottom