high times magazine

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greyfx

I have a shitload of hightimes mags from 2001, 2000, 1999 and some really old ones that are black and grey. The older ones always have the best stories and are normally something that has to do with the culture at the time, like the short stories in most of the older mags are awsome.

L

livinglegend

i got some mags from the 80's.......... so funny. some of the shit they used to say back than. wow.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I have a copy of the very first issue.
I keep getting invalid token error's when uploading pic's.
I will figure it out and post them.

M

Mother Chucker

just picked up the current 35th anniversary issue.
made me feel old.

M

mountaindank

High Times seems more about selling issues than about actually being a good cannabis magazine. I like Cannabis Culture, and another one I think it's called Weed World. Skunk is OK from time to time.

Sometimes I think High Times is the Playboy of weed magazines. It pretends to be about weed but then you open it up and there's all kinds of random shit I don't really want to read.

Reactions: mal
lambrettats1

lambrettats1

i dont buy ht for all the reasons stated. i try and get a copy of soft secrets which is a pretty informative read as well as the pics of ladies

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Treating Yourself mag rocks, it's still all about the plant. I met up wth these guys at the Toronto Cup this summer and they treated us great. Thr entrant shoulda won

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Head Mag also was great they had a lot of humor in thr stuff, always made me smle while reading it.

I

iconoclast

I guess im the odd ball. I think High Times has been getting better the last maybe 6 issues. Theres a lot of shit in all the cannabis mags that is a bunch of bullshit. But untill cannabis has a higher place in this f-ed up society i guess they need to put the fluff in their mags for sales. I dream of a day of an all cannabis mag with nothing but finely grown smoke like those high class wine or cigar magazine. You could call it Connoisseur or Cannabis Connoisseur, for those who only smoke the best.

G

greyfx

09 December Issue had subs spacebomb on the cover. The top 10 strains of 90 is a joke this year seriously. It's almost as if they are trying to promote certain seed companies lol. C99 by Dr. Greenthumb, Romulan x hashplant next generation seed company, bc mango bc bud depot. Diesel Ryder Feminized, lemon skunk dna genetics.

No offense each of those strains listed are great strains but to say the top 10 of 2009. I beg to differ. Anyone else have the december issue yet?

I

iconoclast

Its nice to read on the shitter...!

Hey greyfx. I agree with you about the promoting of certain seed companies, but dont you think most magazines and even web-sites do that ? All the cannabis web-sites I have been on promote the seeds their selling. I think the only way you could avoid that would be to not sell seeds on your web-site or have big paying advertisers in your mag that you rate or give high marks to that same kind of product. Maybe...? I still like High Times, but when I see a Green House strain in something like the top 10 Im smart enough to remember their always 1 or 2 page ads in every issue.:icon_dizzy:

I

ismokepot

Does the cover of your #1 H.T. mag have a 50 cents or $1 pricing? I have two copies, 1 original at 50 cents and another at $1 with is a reprint.........

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I really hope Swerve and the boyz kickass this year at the HighTimes Cup lol. Then maybe thy'll put thr gear in the top 10 of 2010!

P

peabody

just bought 09 ht an yes it is the coverthat got me. Also picked up my first copy weedworld so we can compare. have the whole weeknd. should be read out an dien to get home to the garden. Funny thing about the old Ht was the articals were simpler to follow even if you missed amonth r 2. an yes really old copys were 50cents.

sky high

sky high

High times was originally about all drugs. They had some serious toot pics for awhile there...and pricing quotes from all over the US that included most of the street offerings that were currently circulating in most cities.

I tuned out when the FLUORESCENT buds came on the scene. Some pof those early centerfolds of Lumbo and various 'spears' and hashish from around the globe spoke for themselves and didn't need the Photodshop BS they overuse today to make their centerfold offerings look "out of this world".

s h

D

doctodD_hawaii

High Times has sucked for a long time now. But it could be that we know more then they do. It has nothing to offer me. I like to read the questions and compare my answer to the one they give. Im usually right. Plus you only need to buy it for 12 issues because the re print articles so often its ridiculous. Oh and I grow better buds than most of the ones they have in the mag. I do remember a time when I would look at the centerfolds and think wow id like to try some weed like that but now i look at the pics and think I can do better. It has a place for beginers and such but I stopped giving them money for some time now.

S

sunsimulator

well lol

the BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH HT atm ,, IS SUBCOOL writing for them , U can not get proper info from a dumbass!!!!

M

Mr.Therapy Man

Subcool is not a dumbass.Hes takeing this shit(cash) to the BANK...peace

B

Beeronymous

Plus you only need to buy it for 12 issues because the re print articles so often its ridiculous.

i actually two different issues with the same shit in them.you usually get it in the"special growers issues" or whatever the hell its called when they take shit from the past year or so that had anything to do with growing and just jam it in a special issue while still putting out another rag for that month

407Kush

i always feel so sketchy getting HT magazines, especially from borders and barns and nobles, like a cop will walk in and bust me right there. the magazine has definitely gone down in quality but some of those shiny covers still make my mouth water

Top Bottom