High value Dry Trimmer for $600?

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I’ve been looking to get a trimmer for a while. Bought a trim bag a couple years ago, and it works well for what it is, does beat the hell out of the bud, but saves a bunch of time hand trimming. I’ve had my eyes on a Trim Broz model 215 for a while but at $6k its is a little out of my price range. All that said, I was looking for an alternative last weekend and ran across this model.
High value dry trimmer for 600

Blue Magoo Cookies (Dynasty Genetics)
High value dry trimmer for 600 2

Everything hung dried for 14 days, <55 rh and around 60f. The largest tops I hand trimmed because I didn’t feel they would machine trim well. Everything else was bucked down all the way and de-stemmed. results were great.

I had made this little 1/4” screen for sifting baby buds from trim, and it was very useful for this procedure. The machine does a great job of removing the leaf, but the dry trimming insert doesn’t allow for it to all pass through to the collection bag. This means you need to sift a little.

All in all, this saved me a whole day for my trimming endeavor. Seriously what was a 2 day job with the trim bag, became a 1 day job with this machine. The bud quality is a little better imo as well. This was my first time using this machine, and I thought I would share. I have no associations with this company. Times are tough out there, and I’m lucky to be able to continue my hydro hobby. Hopefully this helps a lot of people.

Cheers,
Tex

Z

Zill

Tex,

Check out Craig’s list. There a literally hundreds of posts of used grow equipment and everything else being dumped.

You could make a manual one. A turntable with long silicone/ plastic fingers.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Tex,

Check out Craig’s list. There a literally hundreds of posts of used grow equipment and everything else being dumped.

You could make a manual one. A turntable with long silicone/ plastic fingers.
Maybe I shouldn’t have put a question mark in the title. The Risentek Trimmer is great, I’m not in the market for a trimmer any more.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Seeing all those trichs just piled up, sold me on never buying one, thanks.
Awesome find though for 600 bucks. Those things go for a small fortune usually.
Mayhe if i get myself into a big outdoor grow id buy one but id rather hand trim.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Seeing all those trichs just piled up, sold me on never buying one, thanks.
Awesome find though for 600 bucks. Those things go for a small fortune usually.
Mayhe if i get myself into a big outdoor grow id buy one but id rather hand trim.
I get that. This was towards the end of the session, so about three p’s had already been trimmed. It does kind kind of hurt to go from A++ to B- but the market doesn’t know the difference here, seeing as we get all of Oklahoma’s boof. How much are you trimming @Goodshit97 ?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I get that. This was towards the end of the session, so about three p’s had already been trimmed. It does kind kind of hurt to go from A++ to B- but the market doesn’t know the difference here, seeing as we get all of Oklahoma’s boof. How much are you trimming @Goodshit97 ?

I myself usually trim anywhere from 1.5-2 pounds a harvest from my tents. But i also take a trip to my father in laws and help him with his 8 plants in his 4x8. So in total, +/- 6 pounds.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I myself usually trim anywhere from 1.5-2 pounds a harvest from my tents. But i also take a trip to my father in laws and help him with his 8 plants in his 4x8. So in total, +/- 6 pounds.
I got ya, one or two is not too bad. That’s admirable to hand trim that much.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I got ya, one or two is not too bad. That’s admirable to hand trim that much.

We usually make it a weekend thing. 10 or so hours a day. I dont mind hand trimming, as long as im not alone, cause then it gets really boring and becomes a lot like work.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

We usually make it a weekend thing. 10 or so hours a day. I dont mind hand trimming, as long as im not alone, cause then it gets really boring and becomes a lot like work.
Yea, when you can trim with a homie makes the work go a lot quicker.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Yes, I had been trimming with a trim bag for 2+ years. It definitely saves a bunch of time, but always feel like I’m beating up the buds, and we would still have to touch up afterword. This was my first session with the new machine, and I didn’t have to touch up nearly as much. First ever experience with a machine trimmer so take it for what its worth. I just got excited about it, and thought I would make a post.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I’ve been looking to get a trimmer for a while. Bought a trim bag a couple years ago, and it works well for what it is, does beat the hell out of the bud, but saves a bunch of time hand trimming. I’ve had my eyes on a Trim Broz model 215 for a while but at $6k its is a little out of my price range. All that said, I was looking for an alternative last weekend and ran across this model.
View attachment 1323279

Blue Magoo Cookies (Dynasty Genetics)
View attachment 1323280

Everything hung dried for 14 days, <55 rh and around 60f. The largest tops I hand trimmed because I didn’t feel they would machine trim well. Everything else was bucked down all the way and de-stemmed. results were great.

View attachment 1323282

View attachment 1323283

I had made this little 1/4” screen for sifting baby buds from trim, and it was very useful for this procedure. The machine does a great job of removing the leaf, but the dry trimming insert doesn’t allow for it to all pass through to the collection bag. This means you need to sift a little.

View attachment 1323284

All in all, this saved me a whole day for my trimming endeavor. Seriously what was a 2 day job with the trim bag, became a 1 day job with this machine. The bud quality is a little better imo as well. This was my first time using this machine, and I thought I would share. I have no associations with this company. Times are tough out there, and I’m lucky to be able to continue my hydro hobby. Hopefully this helps a lot of people.

Cheers,
Tex
I l

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I love modern technology. But for me myself. I prefer hands on. My crops are for the most part my own. So I don't particularly deal with abundances amount of weight. I find it very rewarding handling my creativity at a personal level. But if mass production is your thing. I would never discourage it. Let the good times roll. So much beauty can be a beast. Much love and respect.

Top Bottom