High Wattage Compact Flourescents

• Thread starter chancebc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chancebc

Just wondering if anyone out there is using only high wattage compact flourescents, or if anyone has any experience with these. Talking like 200+. Just looking for some pros or cons, and some opinions.

M

mdTHC420

i know that 8 bulb t5s are about the same as a 400 watt from what ive heard. so i guess a 4 bulb 4 ft t5 would do a couple hundred watts. just remember that on cfls there are the equivalant incandesent watts (higher number) and the actual number watts used, usually a fraction of the larger number. but u care about actual watts, not the incandesent equivalent

B

Bill Bloome

I ve had great success with multiple 150 watt cfls from Wally world.8 bucks a pop,I use 5 on a 4x24 in board with jack chain to adjust distance to plants.Not as good as T5 but much better than tube fluoro;s.

B

Bushcrafter

I am using a 250 watt cfl from envirogrow and 200 watt from plug and grow in a small .5 X.5 by 1.5m chamber. Blues for the veg and 2 250 watts plug and grow red light for flowering. 4 dwarf autos (given up with the kaya-47's and went for a royal dwarf. I am having issues with heat build up, running at 85/90 degress with 3 x 6" computer exhaust fans running 24/7 going to add another fan to reduce temp.

Bushcrafter

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

T5`s are the shit for veg forsure,but you can use the cfl 23 watt too if money is short. When I started growing my own meds again thats all I had in my veg room. They actually work pretty good and real cheap. Oh but they can be a pain in ass w/10 cords instead of just 1 for the t5 not to mention you have to keep them as close as you can w/out heat stressing them.That can be a pain too. I`m using a few right now. I use 23 watt cfl`s for my moms and some of my veg plants. They grow healthy plants imo.

G

green stub

Here is my thread, scroll down for pics of small med closet.
3 cfls and 2 flor, later tonight new pics of 8 week, 6 week, and 4 week progress!

O

oldschool58

Hi everyone my first time here im useing 6 bulb t5 and they are doing fine my first scrog im allways used a 400 hps but money is tight right now i dont know if its better to put the 400 in at the first part of flowering and go back to t5 or drop the 400 in to finish the flowering thanks for anybody giving me some help here are some pic they are just over a month

2010 scrog 001
tortuga1503

tortuga1503

400 forsure bro t5 for veg is great but you should use the 400 to finish em . I know theres people that are using weaK light to bloom but to me weak light equals weak yeild and prolly weak smoke too imo T

G

gdbud

. I am having issues with heat build up, running at 85/90 degress with 3 x 6" computer exhaust fans running 24/7 going to add another fan to reduce temp.

Bushcrafter

Adding another fan not might the problem. Try adding more intake. Your intake needs to be at least 1 1/2 time the exhaust area.

Your 3 x 6" exhaust opening = 56.6 square inches, So then your minimum area for you intake should be 85 square inches or 9.25" x 9.25"

Top Bottom