High yield OG Like HAOG

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I was ask by a " Forum Friend" what the best yielding OG was. I told him I was far from an expert but that I had been told/and have read that "Hells'Angel" OG was the best yielding OG all things being equal.
So I pass this question on to those who know better. What is IYHO the best yielding OG? does best yielding always mean commercial strain(Big bud is a good yielding strain, but is it a SoCal commercial strain?)? ease of growing? Does pushing a strain to maximum yield effect taste? potency? overall quality?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Never grown the SFV but I hear it yields really well...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
hear crazy talk about the white fire but its and og dom cross of fire og x the white

homebrew420

homebrew420

my XXX did pretty well considering I was battling root aphids. no lemon smell though. Smells wonderful.

peace

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Thanks for replies..how about Deadhead OG? I have heard SFV(Surfr) and Tahoe are above ave..I did some more forum searches, and this topic is every where so thanks for placating me.

T

TheRealBoss

I think pushing a strain for maximum yield can definitely affect overall quality. I have seen grows with maximum yields but not the quality I am seeking. IMO, Og can be very finicky. It all depends on the grower.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

I have the Hells Angel and its defiantly a big yielder of DANK OG Nuggets :)

Peace
D9

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
my XXX did pretty well considering I was battling root aphids. no lemon smell though. Smells wonderful.

peace

I just flipped some xxx today.. You wouldn't happen to have any photos of yours would ya??

the rrock

the rrock

my violator kush yields far better than any OG ive ran before, this is my first run with it so not to sure about strength its @ 48 days now
anyone ran violator kush before?

B

Beasters X Haze

This is getting me pumped up.. just got a verified HA og and a few others listed.. time for some serious takedowns

homebrew420

homebrew420

I will post some dried shot Surfr. Did take any in flower. It suffered bad. But I will add that there is NO lemon flavor to this one, xxx. I was under the impression that all the OG is lemon fuel. How far off am I on this one.

Peace

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I will post some dried shot Surfr. Did take any in flower. It suffered bad. But I will add that there is NO lemon flavor to this one, xxx. I was under the impression that all the OG is lemon fuel. How far off am I on this one.

Peace

That would be great bro! I have had a couple OG's with absolutely no lemon in them.. Don't quote me, but from what I have "heard" the TRUE OG's have no lemon in them, just straight fuel.. But I dunno...

P

paulycali

Your right surfr! True OG's contain a fuely smell while mutant hybrids lean more towards the lemon pledge smell

Venom818

Venom818

I have the HA veggin right now and its a slow ass vegger the tahoe is twice as big

homebrew420

homebrew420

XXX has a very rich coffee leathery astringency to it. "Kushy" seems to be what I have been calling it. Don't really know what else to call it. Dried shot coming soon...sorry to keep you waiting. Building suspense, haha.

Flavor is amazing on this one though.

Peace

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

thanks for the responses(well,but,...)..I ended up getting Deadhead OG clones..will veg for 6 weeks, and see if it yields better then HA...

T

Tron

I have a taller pheno of the Deadhead that will get get 6 zips in a 7 gallon, FIM and super cropped, flipped @ 16 inches under a 1000.... The smoke is way fuckin potent too @ 75....

I have a small pheno that finishes in 60 that yields 3 in a 3 gallon done up the same way, but under a 600...

I run the smaller because I like the taste, texture, trich coverage, and color "dark green" better... looks like rag weed skeletor when cured out 30, but gets you way blown...

Top Bottom