• Thread starter Rockwell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Soil companies are gonna hate you,lol.

Funny you should say that. I'm now using roots organic uprising line of powdered nutes. Love them. As I've gotten into reusing my soil, I sent the folks at roots a note about using the uprising line for soil reuse. Typically they get right back to me. This time it's no reply at all.

I've been on a tight budget lately. It's been really healthy for me in many ways. Forced to reevaluate many aspects of my life. I've concluded that not reusing your soil is an amazingly wasteful act. Do farmers dig up their soil and replace it every crop? Hell no!! Of course commercial ag destroys soils, but organic ag rebuilds and replenishes soils. That said, I now reuse my soil. I'm pretty sure it's a little hot this time, but that is easily adjusted.

There is something strangely rewarding about have a garden full of clones reused pots, and reused soils.

To be honest I absolutely loathe growing indoors, but community, culture, and public opinion keep me from coming out of the grow tent.

outwest

Mogrow

Mogrow

Soil companies are gonna hate you,lol.

they gonna hate on me too. put together a plle today. 2 scoops topsoil, 2 scoops old mushroom compost, bale of alfalfa,, some alfalfa pellets and not enough perlite.

this is about half, other half went to other house.
my first 4 runs were this year, im up to .7 gpw, gotta lotta improvements to make.

Mogrow

Mogrow

heres my compost im putting together
dairy cow manure
wheat straw
alfalfa hay
alfalfa pellets
rock dust
pile was not hot until i added the pellets, stuck my hand in there today and it was hott, about got a woody.....

accent

accent

resuing soil is a sound and well trodden idea. after all, that's what happens out in nature. plants use nutrients in a forest, they die, decompose and release nutrients back into the soil. and so the cycle goes. wasting soil is bad practice if growing organic, it makes no sense at all. not to mention what you do with tonnes of 'spent' soil!

R

Rockwell

Hey Everyone,

It's great to see so many responses to this thread. Sorry for the late response, I've been super busy!

I just finished another run using the West Coast Horticulture Organics, I harvested 1.9lbs per light. I could have hit over 2lbs but I missed a few watering's.

Here are some pictures from the grow:

IMG 1824

Golden Pineapple close to finish^

IMG 1829

Blackberry Kush Manicured^

I'm really happy with the results from my last few runs and plan to continue using the West Coast line. Does anyone have experience with these nutes?

For my next run I'm thinking about adding some amendments to the soil like Bokashi and Mykos.

Hope to see more discussion about big yields in this thread! I'll be back with another update soon.

Top Bottom