High yield, quality?

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

How's it goin bubble makers?

So on the quest for better hash, I've decided to consider dropping a plant or two a run solely for hash. Not just trim, but buds and all. I'm sure that will greatly bump my yield and quality, but what strains do you find yield better in a 73 bag?

Please not asking for you everyone to chip in that they got a great yield on this or that one pull.

I'm asking more so- those that make large amounts of hash regularly- do you have a strain you live by? A strain with trichs that are dropping 30-40% yield with lotsa bud? One that is killer smoke too? Was thinking about doing a Sour D, as with several 6-8oz runs I pulled a good 20-25% yield. But I'm sure there are some more indica dom hashplant with fat heads that yields and kills it... any thoughts? How about a short flowering Hindu or Affy? Thanks folks!

-gritty

true grit

true grit

As a self reply, LOL, I will be ordering Seedsman Hash Passion and Afghani #1 this week to start going through. Both are very affordable, promise to be great hash cultivars, and very short flowering.... ill keep folks posted...

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

We did a run of hash today using cold ethanol that worked very well and yielded 25% of original weight, and this was just trim! I've never heard of anyone making hash like this. Dr.Feelgood decided to try something new and came up with this unique hash making method. The hash came out blonde and the trichromes are still intact. It smells, looks, and smokes excellent. We'll post more up on this.

Oh gritty, I ordered some seedsman skunk mix that came out swinging! Seedsman definitely has some good affordable strains.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
It's hard to pick a strain because there is so much variation one can never be sure. A few strains I've had that put out more than usual were the more afghani pheno of Sage and my Bubbleberry. They were just the frostiest ones I've had with trichs that extended out to the fans. They also had a lot of little leaf at the bottom of each bud, like a stack of 5-7 leaves covered in big heads. They both put out a lot of popcorn buds on the bottom that were kinda leafy and not as dense as the tops but had so much surface covered in trichs I would leave it so I would get a larger batch of bubble. It was a sign to me when i would grind some of these up I would get a lot more dry sift from my little space case. I would have big heads looking like fine sand instead of powder. It would scrape up and amount to much more then the others too. Just storing the buds it in a box to finish drying would end up leaving a hell of coating of trichs in there for me scrape up and enjoy. If I can get my wifes camera for a sec I will snap a picture of my bubbleberry looking covered in big heads. I need to get a micro camera from Auqualab so I can get some close shots of these bad boys.

Sounds like some good choices. Hopefully you'll get a super frosty one out of em.

fred

N

NZsmoker

afghani # 1 is definately a good hash maker, another good one ive got about 30% weight off is the herojuana strain also hits really smooth

Blaze

Blaze

The more Indica and Afghani dominant strains tend to make better hash IME but this does not always hold true. The strains that have been the best hash makers for me have been Kryptonite, Blueberry x C99, and Lemonaid 2000.

I also like how the hash from Blueberry, Blue Moonshine, and the rest of DJ Short's line up comes out but his stuff always comes out more like good kief than bubble hash. It's never that sticky or pliable but it always bubble like crazy and has a great high and flavor.

C

CanadianClassic

HASHPLANT!!! any hashplant strain is a good choice or any other indice with high resin/thc count,I currently have a 6 foot monster HashPassion plant in week 2 of budding i vegged it for about 4 and a half months ill tell u how it finishes.

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

D

DixinCider

anything super resiny. for the bigger head go with indica kush type plants (110-73) the smaller heads are more sativa heads(73-25)
also fresh trim gives you more quality less yield.
dry material give you more yield less quality
always freeze you're trim at least 24 hours before you use it.

baaka_san

baaka_san

We did a run of hash today using cold ethanol that worked very well and yielded 25% of original weight, and this was just trim! I've never heard of anyone making hash like this. Dr.Feelgood decided to try something new and came up with this unique hash making method. The hash came out blonde and the trichromes are still intact. It smells, looks, and smokes excellent. We'll post more up on this.

Oh gritty, I ordered some seedsman skunk mix that came out swinging! Seedsman definitely has some good affordable strains.

i know its been some time now but after reading this thread im interested to find out more about this method of making hash.

it sounds really good.. post pixs and please, do tell.?

dextr0

dextr0

I was really surprised at the quality and yield of the Blue Widows kief. I get like a half jar full of blond off a oz of it. Nice taste lasting affects.

If you ask me its the Aloha White Widow its crossed with. Look at this strain, I found it today on the farm. Its crossed with the AWW....

134258d1299457465-cheese-x-aww-cheese-x-aww2.jpg.att

G

gooey

for me its a bubba kush bag bean cut....short, frosty ass fuck....i have not seen alot more of amount from using hole plants vs sugar trim tho....quality yes but quantity no...just my 2 cents...gl peace n puffs...73 is the shit

greenjoe

greenjoe

Hi guys.....last year i used og kush for my hash...10 plants...ALL went to make bho and bubble.....1 thing i learned is you always need more plants than u think.......this year i am using Chemo X iranian....and since i am so impatient i usually cut some buds of wet and freeze them for 4-6 hrs then make bubble......mmmmmmmm

B

butcrack

I'm interested and seeing if any one runs whole nugs only, like how many grams an OZ ?!? 4-6 +

Top Bottom