Higher co2 levels?

• Thread starter Apophis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Apophis

Has anyone ever taken their co2 levels above 2000ppm? Like 4k,5k or even 10kppm? Is it harmful or just not useable by the plant?

And, how late into flowering do you run your co2 . . . it seems, to me, the "effect" stops around 5 or 6 weeks?

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

u will kill the plant i tried doing 4000 PPM for fun and she died fast in about 1 week 12 of them happy grow The Cali. Kid

G

guineapig

I think it depends on the plant species as to the actual CO2 concentration that would cause plants to die......some articles i have read say as little as 3000 ppm and some say as much as 10,000 ppm.....if the atmosphere reaches a very high concentration of CO2, the stomata close and the plant begins to die.....

anything above 1500 ppm seems to be a waste of CO2......

most of the books i have read recommend no more CO2 after week 6......so it looks like you were right to stop around week 5 or 6......

:flower flower power from guineapig :flower

A

Apophis

Had a co2 meter go out . . . was gonna set the burner on a timer, but, I think I'll wait for the replacement. Thanks for the info guys.

nuttso

nuttso

use high levels of co2 for killing bugs. :D like 10000 ppm for an hour. wan't harm your plants

Latest posts

Top Bottom