higher or lower thc content?

• Thread starter guanoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

guanoman

hi there...
Got a question for all the grow gurus here, so let me explain...my bro's garden is doin well and out of 15 female plants, only one is a hermy, but its also the only pure thai plant that he has! my question is.... if he gently removes all the male flowers (which aren't very many) with a razor blade, will it affect the quality of the flower or thc level? the buds have already formed and doin nicely and the males flower pods were at the bottom of the stem of the bud. any advice or knowledge of this woud be appreciated...thanx again farmers:character0029:

M

Mr.Therapy Man

I grew Opium from paradise and I could not tell the difference in the potency even though Ive read it does.I dusted the two of them with male pollen while removeing a male

G

guanoman

ive read from different texts that hermys are undesireable,just to pitch them way,but this plant is looking so damn good, i hate to waste it because of someone elses preference and chances are it will be good but i dont want it to pollinate all other stable strains.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldnt risk letting it pollinate my other ladies u should probly remove it from the room ASAP...

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

DUDE most hermies dont actually creat that much pollen, in my experience anyways. how many male flowers are there? if their is alot, maybe it is best to cull it. you can easily remove the flowers and keep the plant. I would maybe trim male flowers off in other room.

this is the official right answer, there is alot of paranoid growers out there, who way overthink and overdo the garden. Keep it simple!

It's best to spray all pistils down with water before moving the plant if any pods are opening. This will kill the stray pollen. Cut his balls off if there are few BUT remember this, there may be some inside the buds already that you can't see. These will need to be destroyed as they are full on hermi beans. But it won't escape the bud to bother the other ladies.

YJ

Top Bottom