Higher ppm in run off.

• Thread starter Willisbrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

Without a reading of PPM runoff with clean water in just soil your runoff numbers mean nothing.
The soil has stuff in it that will be washed through when you water to run off, thus raising the number from what you installed.
You have no baseline to compare your runoff numbers to..

W

Willisbrow

Without a reading of PPM runoff with clean water in just soil your runoff numbers mean nothing.
The soil has stuff in it that will be washed through when you water to run off, thus raising the number from what you installed.
You have no baseline to compare your runoff numbers to..
How do I get a baseline number?

W

Willisbrow

Oh you mean check my runoff when I just water? My tap water is 80ppm after I let it sit and run some air through it

W

Willisbrow

I will check next watering. Next time will just be water. Maybe the PPM will be a little higher than 80 cause I use a few drops of ph down

steamroller

steamroller

You want to to get your baseline by watering fresh soil that you have not added anything to.
Know the value of your water unmolested and pour till run off through clean new soil.
It would help to do the same now with your plants but you have already added to the soil so you are just trying to get an idea IMO.
I grow in soil and use synthetic ferts and NEVER measure what goes in or out. That is hydro jazz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom