Higher Temps At Night ?

• Thread starter superweed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superweed420

superweed420

My humidity is perfect for veg at the moment 65 low 75 most the time with small huidifier in the 4x4.. day temps are 73 to 74.. night temps are 67 68f and 70rh.. I did a test with small space heater and when hooked to a thermostat at night set to 76 rh is 55% to 60%..I also red that is actually a good thing to keep night temperatures higher then they temps because it cuts down on stretching I'm veg so was thinking it would be a good idea what do you all think... I would only be running the heater in mid flower because I have never had problems with mold in high humidity when the buds are not full what I like to cut down on the humidity the whole grow yes but I can't afford it

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

who ever told u raise the heat at night has not clue u want the plants to cool off at night lot like a swing of 10-15 f from day to night

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

If u are wanting the plants to not stretch u keep the lights low so they don't have to go in screech of light

superweed420

superweed420

Yes I've always heard it's better to keep lower Temps at night... I was just reading what it said in that link

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

My humidity is perfect for veg at the moment 65 low 75 most the time with small huidifier in the 4x4.. day temps are 73 to 74.. night temps are 67 68f and 70rh.. I did a test with small space heater and when hooked to a thermostat at night set to 76 rh is 55% to 60%..I also red that is actually a good thing to keep night temperatures higher then they temps because it cuts down on stretching I'm veg so was thinking it would be a good idea what do you all think... I would only be running the heater in mid flower because I have never had problems with mold in high humidity when the buds are not full what I like to cut down on the humidity the whole grow yes but I can't afford it
I would shoot for a consistent 73 - 74 degrees. If you can get the humidity down I would push them all the way up to 85 in veg.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Day/night temps the same=minimal growth and stretch. Great for the first two weeks of flower. Low night/high day equals lots of growth. Great for the rest of flower and building bud mass. High nights/low days= retards growth. Great for slowing growth down during veg if you don't want to flower yet

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I think this guy wanted to know if upping his temp at night would lower his humidity because he is battling high humidity in flower and can't afford a dehuey...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Doesn't lower temp usually mean lower humidity? Warmer air holds the humidity better right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom