HIGHEST YIELDING STRAIN FOR UC OR DWC?

• Thread starter madmanstan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
madmanstan

madmanstan

First off I wanna thank LOGIC for this amazingly educational website and all the members who have posted there grow diaries and helped other members with there questions like myself . I have only read on here for two years but have learned things not possible without this site. Well its time for me do my part and post a grow journal but before I get started I would like some input from the master growers here on what they think would be the highest yielding strain for a large dwc or uc system, and where I could find the real seeds at. PLEASE master growers any input you have would be greatly appreciated and seen in my very first grow journal that will be detailed to the max. Thank you fellow members for your help in advanced, sincerely madmansam :D

T

tipper619sd

I would say blue dream is a good strain idk about the uc system yet im still learning my first grow also. I have grown a very high chem dawg also. Hope this helps a lil .

madmanstan

madmanstan

I've read that the real blue dream and chemdog is only available as clones in cali. Is there a seed bank that i could find the best ones and know there for real?

D

Don007206

The chem dog is not that hard to find and blue dream is around Casey jones is a good one and headband to.. the fast veg time is were you seem to win with UC it's going good for me so far ...mono cropping is a must if your new because when your plant are in the same nutrient profile it will suit one better tailoring is hard for noobs my self included even with years in soilless mixs this is a new ball game.. I hope you get the help your looking for

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Most likely if you go from seed you will have variation in your plants... I would go from clone if at all possible...

madmanstan

madmanstan

No yield isn't everything but it is the up there on the wish list! lol I mean I wouldn't wanna waist my time and money on growing a ton of swag but yeah jack I wanna grow some monsters like I see in your work! Maybe I'm being over ambitious but grandpa always told me me shoot for the stars and ya might land on the moon ya know :). If you had two pick two seeds that could be bought online and only grow those which would you pick?

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Im currently growing 8 different strains in one UC for the second time in a row. If you are familiar with your genetics you can pair phenos that will feed and mature in a similar way, in my experience at least. I have yet to find a plant the UC cant cater to, however I am an amateur at best. Also, yield has yet to be an issue...at all.
Peace,
Ham

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
No yield isn't everything but it is the up there on the wish list! lol I mean I wouldn't wanna waist my time and money on growing a ton of swag but yeah jack I wanna grow some monsters like I see in your work! Maybe I'm being over ambitious but grandpa always told me me shoot for the stars and ya might land on the moon ya know :). If you had two pick two seeds that could be bought online and only grow those which would you pick?
I have popped thousands of seeds and only kept a few it takes years to find keeper strains that have it all... Its not that easy.. Good luck.. I hope this is a fun hobby and you have lots of money to blow...

madmanstan

madmanstan

I'm sorry jack did i offend you with this post. I am a rookie compared to you and already blown lots of money over the last couple years, but yes it is a fun hobby and i do love it. Sometimes i cant sleep just thinking how i might be able to tweak my setup. I've ripped down and rebuilt many times just to make better but better's never good enough ya know lol . I just been reading on here for years and thought i could get a few good opinions from the big dogs here. I'm sure its a question that many would like to know but if I've insulted the forum or you please accept my apologies. PS: JACK you were the first and only member that I,ve actually followed, you can ask logic he can tell you :(

dirk d

dirk d

hey madmanstan, i think what jack is implying is that when you are learning a new system dont focus on yield. yield is only an issue once you've "dialed in" your setup. pick a couple strains YOU want to run and enjoy the ride bro. Obviously you are not going to hit it out of the park you're first run especially with a setup like the UC which has a steep learning curve. IMO shoot for growing quality bud man and yield will take care of itself. there is a lot of dank here at the farm. you dont have to look very far. good luck.

Z

Zensai

I have ran several different strains in the UC, and like others have already said, I have yet to find something that it can not accomidate. Depending on what your market is you are growing for, figure out what strains in your area patients or people want. At this stage of the game, I can't imagine you are going to pop a few seeds and not have good plants as long as you know how to take care of them. If you want the simple best yield/dankness ect, just look at the Cup winners, read what the g/m2 values are, thc%, cbd% of the seeds available to you online or locally. Give those a shot.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I'm sorry jack did i offend you with this post. I am a rookie compared to you and already blown lots of money over the last couple years, but yes it is a fun hobby and i do love it. Sometimes i cant sleep just thinking how i might be able to tweak my setup. I've ripped down and rebuilt many times just to make better but better's never good enough ya know lol . I just been reading on here for years and thought i could get a few good opinions from the big dogs here. I'm sure its a question that many would like to know but if I've insulted the forum or you please accept my apologies. PS: JACK you were the first and only member that I,ve actually followed, you can ask logic he can tell you :(
Not offended at all bro just trying to explain its not that easy no one is going to pop a couple packs of seeds and then have a strain that yields like crazy and is super dank.. Just find a clone only strain that is stabel and yields decent and is dank and go from there...Every one that grows would love to have a strain that yields 3 per light and is super bomb the problem is ony a couple people have it and its not being passed around..JACK

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Not offended at all bro just trying to explain its not that easy no one is going to pop a couple packs of seeds and then have a strain that yields like crazy and is super dank.. Just find a clone only strain that is stabel and yields decent and is dank and go from there...Every one that grows would love to have a strain that yields 3 per light and is super bomb the problem is ony a couple people have it and its not being passed around..JACK
I deff agree with you jack thats why you buy seeds from breeders like alien ogr jj bodhi and other top breeders like this because they have done the work necessarily for you to have the best chances in finding a stable keeper. thats why you spend the money on these seeds imop you get what you pay for and do your research b4 hand i'm sure that all the breeders i have named will have something that will suit you for your style of growing you just have to do your home work but i promise that you will not be disappointed with any gear you buy from these guys you just have to to the work finding the pheno's cant be lazy lol

Coin

Coin

I would try White Window friend swears its always his first to root or last to die if things go wrong. It's his best yield out of his strains and most resistant to mites.

tconch

tconch

I have popped thousands of seeds and only kept a few it takes years to find keeper strains that have it all... Its not that easy.. Good luck.. I hope this is a fun hobby and you have lots of money to blow...
JACK keeping moms in a uc are you limited to lenght of time by container size [root bound] or does that matter? sorry if a little off topic but happen to catch you here and has to do with uc and keepers

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Everything I throw in my Under Current seems to yield allot. With that said the top 3 yielding genetics I had all sucked in quality. To much leaf to bud ratio or just not enough resin production for my standards.
Good luck on finding something you like.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I would try White Window friend swears its always his first to root or last to die if things go wrong. It's his best yield out of his strains and most resistant to mites.
White Window huh? do you mean white widow?
Everything I throw in my Under Current seems to yield allot. With that said the top 3 yielding genetics I had all sucked in quality. To much leaf to bud ratio or just not enough resin production for my standards.
Good luck on finding something you like.

I believe there's always a trade off between quality and quantity. Most of my favorite strains like kushes don't yield as much as some of the commercial strains out there.

Top Bottom