Highland Oaxacan Gold S1s?

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hurricane

nice..I have 30 of those H.O.G circa 78 beans I need to pop...maybe we can find a male yet!

B

British_Hempire

I hope you do find a male, very disappointed I didn't, but I have more Mexican seeds.

Q

Quicksilver

... but I have more Mexican seeds.

tantalizing. Are the Mexi seeds you're working with from good, but possibly hybridized, commercial bud; or is there a suspicion that you have some unpolluted heirloom genetics?

B

British_Hempire

I have lots of different batches, some are from good commercial, some are heirloom seeds from Californian friends, some are descended from heirlooms and been worked a few gens by others, there's a lot of germplasm to work my way through.

The HOG cutting I have is definitely kosher, not been hybridised, whether it's actually HOG or not I don't know but it's definitely a high quality Mexican of some kind and came from a family in Oaxaca.

Q

Quicksilver

Sounds like you have your hands full, but I can def think of worse hobbies.

Never crossed my teenage mind in the late '70s early '80s to save seeds from the usually good, sometimes great commercial sativa imports we got. Most intense, almost psychedelic high I ever got from pot was a particular batch of Mexi weed that some friends made a run to south Texas to pick up.

Oh, to be young again

B

British_Hempire

I cringe ever time I think about all the seeds i found in imported weed and just flicked off my rolling board across the room when I was a student.

To be truthful, apart from one line from Cali that I grew a couple of years ago that wouldn't flower properly indoors, I haven't grown out any more Mexican lines other then the one the El Yucateca came from so the others are all a mystery, although one set of seeds came with a little note that read 'Mexican Sativa, F3, damn good shit', considering who they came from and his geographical position on the Tex/Mex border, he must have seen a LOT of Mexican weed, this one was the best he ever found from all the seeds from commercial he grew out and he worked it for 3 gens, so I'm excited to try that one soon. Same guy also sent me some Mexi seeds that he says produce indica looking plants, he sent them cos he said the plants, while obviously not Mexican sativa were exceptional

F

Foxy Trees

Hey British,

I followed your posts on IC and in this forum here and always kept my fingers crossed for you regarding your search after a H.O.G. male. Very interesting stuff, indeed!

Hope all the females are doing well and I am exited to follow your S'1 Project. - Respect !!

Your El Yucateca variety did also catch my eyes..

Good luck with all your mexicans.

Enjoy - Foxy Trees -

B

British_Hempire

Cheers foxy.

One of my goals is to make the ultimate Mexican sativa hybrid, perhaps (Trainwreck x El Yucateca male) x HOG will be my starting point, the HOG #1 is very similar to El Yuc, the oither HOG hasn't been flowered yet.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

i have a cross coming that consist of the original mexican Oaxacan clone , mixed with .brazilian ,parkistani,afganistan,african,.then plaining on crossing the seed from them with a original thia clone

will put some pictures up of the grow report when finished.
would of liked that purple thai that is on here to throw in the mix aswel. but seems theres no more seeds .

F

Foxy Trees

One of my goals is to make the ultimate Mexican sativa hybrid, perhaps (Trainwreck x El Yucateca male) x HOG will be my starting point, the HOG #1 is very similar to El Yuc, the oither HOG hasn't been flowered yet.

Sounds like a plan to me! :cool:

Interesting point you mention the similarity of your El Yuc and the HOG #1. As I'm really into collecting landrace varieties/ heirloom genetics, it makes me even more curious to hear about your other Highland Oaxacan Gold.

Hope to see more of your work towards the ultimate Mexican hybrid.

Kind Regards

- Foxy Trees -

B

British_Hempire

Hiya Foxy

Those HOG 78 will be the same if they came from H&L.

The HOG clones were in a shocking state when I got them, they were tiny lower rbanches from a fully flowering plant and I managed somehow to root all 4, but two just sat there and never grew and eventually died, luckily one of each pheno. The two surviving ones have finally reverted to veg and are growing nicely, I will turn them both into mothers and pass cuts of them around friends in the UK so it can't be easily lost again.

When I get round to flowering out a cut of both phenos I will be posting a thread, i have a strong suspicion El Yuc is related to the HOG as the similarities are striking.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

Hiya Foxy

The HOG clones were in a shocking state when I got them, they were tiny lower rbanches from a fully flowering plant and I managed somehow to root all 4, but two just sat there and never grew and eventually died, luckily one of each pheno. The two surviving ones have finally reverted to veg and are growing nicely, I will turn them both into mothers and pass cuts of them around friends in the UK so it can't be easily lost again.

When I get round to flowering out a cut of both phenos I will be posting a thread, i have a strong suspicion El Yuc is related to the HOG as the similarities are striking.

is there any pictures of this hog? and is it made by the bog seeds people!!

B

British_Hempire

No, the HOG is original landrace from Mexico, the seeds are from 1978 which is why only two out of 20-odd popped.

My mate has pics of his flowering, looks absolutely awesome, big golden spear, looks very very similar to my El Yucateca, smells like cedar and pine wood.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

No, the HOG is original landrace from Mexico, the seeds are from 1978 which is why only two out of 20-odd popped.

My mate has pics of his flowering, looks absolutely awesome, big golden spear, looks very very similar to my El Yucateca, smells like cedar and pine wood.

nice, when u get them growin. would love too see some pictures. i like a good mexican strain. got the ox myself and a mxn male.

B

British_Hempire

Ooh a Mexican male, I need one of those, been hunting for one for ages but every Mexi I grow turns out female lol.

I'll ask my mate if he minds me posting his pics here, well worth seeing.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

Ooh a Mexican male, I need one of those, been hunting for one for ages but every Mexi I grow turns out female lol.

i got pollen frozen of the male.. should last for another 8 weeks easy.

B

British_Hempire

Might just fit my timeframe, I'll see how the HOGs go, they don't have the vigour of El Yuc (which is crazy fast growing in coco) so maybe I can get em vegged, cloned and the clones rooted and flowering in time, we'll see.

F

Foxy Trees

Hi all !

@ British Hempire :happy:

Hiya Foxy

Nice to hear you managed to keep both phenos alive and your plans to share them with friends of yours. After reading your description of the clones state as you received them, it leads me to the conclusion that you must have some serious rooting skills. Respect!

Thought about that, too. I read about the cedar/pine smell of your El Yucateca in another of your threads, lately. Could be pretty close, for sure.. Cedar/Pine - Yumm

I really feel you on this one. Maybe you will find one pretty soon, I hope so and once more, the best of luck my friend! Would love to pop the HOGs immediately to join your search after some delightful mexican pollen, but I will have to wait until some personal issues have faded..
Sorry, but we will see…..

Might just fit my timeframe, I'll see how the HOGs go, they don't have the vigour of El Yuc (which is crazy fast growing in coco) so maybe I can get em vegged, cloned and the clones rooted and flowering in time, we'll see.

I’d love to see them, too. Always something special to look at plants grown out of vintage genetics. Especially when it comes to the lovely H.O.G. ;-)

Peace

B

British_Hempire

I have a lot of Mexican seeds to work through, just takes time and space, but it will be fun! lol

Top Bottom