Himo?

• Thread starter Fat Freddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

hermaphadite

I have a plant showing both sex's, hate to toss the plant after all of the labor invested. So I am trimming off the male parts.

Anyone else ever try this approach?
What was the result, and how did it smoke?:worried

Kindone

Kindone

I have not tried this but I do know it is called a hermie as in hermaphadite not a himo, are you in veg or flower?

johnursery

johnursery

a few years back i ran some oregon90 it was supreme smoke but had issues throwing nanners threwout flowering, in the end i had to let her go as she was always pregnant and kept screwing her roomies, she just couldnt be trusted...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
All depends if it`s hermed throught the plant or just has a small sprig.If it`s just a sprig cut it off and see what it does but watch it very close.Some very good strains will do this on just a few plants per 1000,mostly sativa strains.The seeds will turn out all female but will carry the hermi in it`s genetics.If it`s covered in hermi growth it will nearly always just grow back and you will have nothing but seeded buds in your grow.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

Kindone, I have the plant separate from my others due to off set planting times.
And it is in early flower. Wish I knew more about plants select their sex.
Would be interesting to try to create a plant serum to brush in the right areas to promote female selection. I wonder what chemicals the plant uses to make buds?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Don't know anything about it but seen guys talkin dutchmaster reverse.

deseee

deseee

I would just trash it. I wouldn't waste the electricity on a plant that may or may not produce when you can just as easily put one in that will.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

desee I just did that, hated to but after looking at the cost of Dutch master products and the disparity in the quantity requirements. It became apparent that it was not cost effective. going to wait another week or so before trying to flower another plant.
Hitting all my plants with lots of nitrogen and hoping for the best.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

Just a little update: instead of just trashing that L.A. confidential I saved the immature male buds. After slow drying them in a brown paper bag I set aside a small bud to try.
I must say I was a little to quick to cut the plant down. the bud smoked well.
smooth smoking without the hack ur head off coughs. Some what heady with great pain relief qualities. Lesson learned

S

swisscheese

Just a little update: instead of just trashing that L.A. confidential I saved the immature male buds. After slow drying them in a brown paper bag I set aside a small bud to try.
I must say I was a little to quick to cut the plant down. the bud smoked well.
smooth smoking without the hack ur head off coughs. Some what heady with great pain relief qualities. Lesson learned

So you smoked the pollen sacks?

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

Yes swisscheese, I did and there was no head ache just a nice smooth ride to na na land. best nights sleep I have had in ages. And for me that was a welcome thing.
I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints an osteoporosis in in my lower back.
Did not want to become one of the thousands government sponsored drug addicts.
I.E heavy script Pain medications. So in an effort to find something I can take or leave I am trying to become a patient.

Top Bottom