history of bubba kush

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

oops... i meant 2004/2005...lol
about a year before overgrow went down....

B

bigbag

you can still find "AF-Pak" seeds from Heritage seeds via the Vancouver Seed Bank... and a bubbleberry cross

true grit

true grit

I have some afpak seeds that I found on some buds back in 07. The dudes at the dispensary I use to work at use to get all there gear from up north.. gonna try and pop them to see if I find anything that even resembles bubba..

Ooh sounds fun. Good luck bro and keep us posted. From what I heard though, this stuff doesn't really hit dispensaries, hopin you got some real deal tho.

you can still find "AF-Pak" seeds from Heritage seeds via the Vancouver Seed Bank... and a bubbleberry cross

Doubt its the same- REALLY wish they had some pics. THis is an old old school ass cut held way too tight for any seed stock- but again ya never know. But there are most def some knock offs floating. Every pic I've seen of "af-pak" is no where near close to the cut I'm talkin about.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
That bubba guy claims that the bubba is long gone. But he has it in bud form at his shop? Not adding up

Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah Gritty, that was the same 93' we grew out this past year. It is somewhat similar in appearance to the Katsu, but grows very tall, with stout branching and unreal vigor.

Here is a teen shot of liftoff:

http://img694.invalid.com/img694/2564/blackkush.jpg

M

Myway420

New to this site, been reading this story of bubba and I think I can shed some light.
I traveled to Amsterdam between 1996 and 2013. In 96 I purchased beans from Soma seeds (Afgan Delight) in November.
I started them as soon as I got back and crossed they shortest to the shortest. These plants were so strong it would make u I'll. I sold some beans to a friend in Orlando. And he gave cuttings to a friend of ours named Bubba who had a hydro store in
Jacksonville Florida and he has connections in the pot industry Calif and Colorado. This strain was passed around
the music industry for about 10 years in that area. No one has that original cutting or beans anymore.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
No one has the cut anymore? Seriously? Lol. Gotta love the seedy underworld and the tall tales that are shared by those who observe it from afar. I grew it for a period of time and stopped because the yield was shit. It was taking up space in my room. It was ok. Nothing special. Tasted great but the buzz was mild at best. I replaced it with Cali-O which was a great yielder and tasted very citrusy and sweet. Great for wake and baking. Still don’t miss bubba kush to this day. But I do miss Cali-O.

dc2559

dc2559

Here are 2 phenos of the real bubba. This came from seed stock from ealry 90s. I kept cuts from these females to mother out. One is a little taller and super vigorous. The other is the shorter more stout wide leaf structure.
20180825 135731
20180825 135714

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Here are 2 phenos of the real bubba. This came from seed stock from ealry 90s. I kept cuts from these females to mother out. One is a little taller and super vigorous. The other is the shorter more stout wide leaf structure.View attachment 825239 View attachment 825240
iv ran bubba phenoes from the 3 well known bubbas-katsu,pre98 and original and not one looked even remotely like that.the 3 best known cuts are short stocky dark green wude leaf indicas with rock hard nugs and slow veg.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
iv ran bubba phenoes from the 3 well known bubbas-katsu,pre98 and original and not one looked even remotely like that.the 3 best known cuts are short stocky dark green wude leaf indicas with rock hard nugs and slow veg.

I grew it back in the early 2000s from CCC. It was just as you said but also a small yielder. Great rock hard crystal covered nugs but it didn’t yield for shit.

That was the only reason why I quit growing it. It took up too much space in my small garden and I was smoking so much I’d run out because of it.

And I was growing perpetually, lol.

Ahh well. Wish I had it back.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I grew it back in the early 2000s from CCC. It was just as you said but also a small yielder. Great rock hard crystal covered nugs but it didn’t yield for shit.

That was the only reason why I quit growing it. It took up too much space in my small garden and I was smoking so much I’d run out because of it.

And I was growing perpetually, lol.

Ahh well. Wish I had it back.
Yes they all veg real slow which means smaller plants and less yield but I gotta admit for me I got more than I thought I was going to get just by looking at em.what I mean is the nugs were pretty small but they weighed more than i thought they were going to coz they were so dense.they tasted awesome too I thought.
If u could get a plant with great vigour with bubba type bugs that would be a great plant.

shaganja

shaganja

If we're talking a about flavor, doesn't have the back end of the hit taste the same as northern lights? Such a great exhale! It seems the modern hybrids, you have to exhale, and then you taste the flavor. But you taste this one as soon as smoke starts leaving your mouth. And doesn't the front taste like coffee from the kush side? And those wide leaves the short one has, isn't that very similar to northern lights? Bigger than your hand. And if we're are talking about affect, it's a calming strain similar to northern lights. Just ramblings of a taster....I am a cook, love to taste! Triangle kush x northern lights....from a buzz, and flavor guesstimate.

Crippy407

Crippy407

Hey Everybody, If you want to hear the real story of The Origins the Bubba Kush strain . You have to hear 👂 it from the man himself Mr. Matt Berger aka Bubba Kush.. You can find him on Instagram @theebubbakush . Hint Hint B-Real of Cypress Hill had a part to play in the story. Burnin Since 97 🔥

72F3E125 5A0B 4478 A586 FCF78A65F5E9
4516F088 6915 43E1 868E A328DBC820D3
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hey Everybody, If you want to hear the real story of The Origins the Bubba Kush strain . You have to hear 👂 it from the man himself Mr. Matt Berger aka Bubba Kush.. You can find him on Instagram @theebubbakush . Hint Hint B-Real of Cypress Hill had a part to play in the story. Burnin Since 97 🔥
Theres a few others that claim to be the original also. Never know who to believe. We will probably never know, just like the dogbud seeds that got renamed Chemdog.

Crippy407

Crippy407

Theres a few others that claim to be the original also. Never know who to believe. We will probably never know, just like the dogbud seeds that got renamed Chemdog.
Right.. I agree but most of those stories don’t really add up. The originators of the OG Kush know. All the originators know Matt (which is one of the Originators of the OG Kush that’s Fact) ... had a plant he created called Bubba. Somehow a northern light cut from humbolt he had growing crossed with his OG Kush and flowered. He gave the first bag of medicine to his buddy B real of Cypress Hill (Which he can corroborate all day ) When he found some seeds in the Flower and gave them back to Bubba .Those were the first known Bubba Kush seeds..
531F7522 3A08 4F10 B2FB 379D300B9D23

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Right.. I agree but most of those stories don’t really add up. The originators of the OG Kush know. All the originators know Matt (which is one of the Originators of the OG Kush that’s Fact) ... had a plant he created called Bubba. Somehow a northern light cut from humbolt he had growing crossed with his OG Kush and flowered. He gave the first bag of medicine to his buddy B real of Cypress Hill (Which he can corroborate all day ) When he found some seeds in the Flower and gave them back to Bubba .Those were the first known Bubba Kush seeds.. View attachment 1098754
See, there lies the problem with these stories or claims because your story dont even match the article. You claim he had a plant "he created" and called it Bubba but the article says he had a northern lights plant "he named" bubba which dont add up. You are also claiming he was a originator of OGkush and Bubba kush? And I have never heard of BReal either, is he a breeder?

Top Bottom