Hitting 2 weeks feeling concerned

• Thread starter jaynewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Hi guys,

it's my going to be my second week if it hits 17 oct.
I just started to fed my plants some fertilizer with floral duo ghe grow , 500 ml per babies + few drops of calimag until it reaches 584 ppm

Soil coco : PH 7
60% coco + 30% perlite + 10 vermiculite

I'm a little concern with the yellowish color ? is it iron deficiency ?
I would like to get advise.

Hitting 2 weeks feeling concerned
A

ApolloCanna

This is all my opinion:
I think 7 is a little too basic. You may want to stay around 6.3 to 6.6. You dont wanna set yourself up for a nutrient lockout due to inccorect ph. Also, other than Cal-mag you might wanna avoid any nutrients this early. Chances are the root system is too small/ underdeveloped to absorb 580 ppm. I would start watering as needed with more acidic water and see how she reacts.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is all my opinion:
I think 7 is a little too basic. You may want to stay around 6.3 to 6.6. You dont wanna set yourself up for a nutrient lockout due to inccorect ph. Also, other than Cal-mag you might wanna avoid any nutrients this early. Chances are the root system is too small/ underdeveloped to absorb 580 ppm. I would start watering as needed with more acidic water and see how she reacts.
^ Looks like it's already locking out a little, op search proper pH for Coco

Reactions: RLB
jaynewbie

jaynewbie

This is all my opinion:

So even in week 2 i should refrain from adding nutrients ?
I was following this schedule

Please advise ><

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So even in week 2 i should refrain from adding nutrients ?
I was following this schedule

Please advise ><
Dude why aren't you using the micro? GH Flora series is a 3 part?
Even Lucas formula uses the micro? That might be at least part of the problem along with the pH ?

You need to do some reading my friend search coco growing on this and other forums for best results, good luck!

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Dude why aren't you using the micro? GH Flora series is a 3 part?
Even Lucas formula uses the micro? That might be at least part of the problem along with the pH ?

You need to do some reading my friend search coco growing on this and other forums for best results, good luck!

There's two from GHE , GHE Flora Series 3 part ( Micro + Grow + Bloom ) and the Flora Nova Series2 part ( Grow + Bloom ). I've both of it btw ><

Currently i think my pH Meter is screwed up, i did mistake by feeding it around 6.5-6.7 pH nutrient with pH down. Should i lower it to at least 5.9 - 6.0 ?
Then maybe check the pH level again?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

There's two from GHE , GHE Flora Series 3 part ( Micro + Grow + Bloom ) and the Flora Nova Series2 part ( Grow + Bloom ). I've both of it btw ><

Currently i think my pH Meter is screwed up, i did mistake by feeding it around 6.5-6.7 pH nutrient with pH down. Should i lower it to at least 5.9 - 6.0 ?
Then maybe check the pH level again?
Oh I see, is that the dry stuff? Is a good idea get drops and keep it around because I got a drawer full of dead meters but drops always work

Screenshot 20191014 144619 Chrome

And you've got to get your pH to 5.8 - 6.0 for Coco for best results

Also I agree with Apollo, I wouldn't be feeding a plant that small that strong

Edit: I read your initial post again, are you feeding only the grow part?

Last edited:
jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Oh I see, is that the dry stuff? Is a good idea get drops and keep it around because I got a drawer full of dead meters but drops always work

View attachment 902477

And you've got to get your pH to 5.8 - 6.0 for Coco for best results

Also I agree with Apollo, I wouldn't be feeding a plant that small that strong

Edit: I read your initial post again, are you feeding only the grow part?

Yes, currently with grow and with some cal-mag .
I think i need to feed my babies with some acidic water possible starting tomorrow. My pH meter just went haywire and its hard to calibrate it back. How do you use the ph drops , gotta youtube it. I'm having issue with my pH meter. Thought of buying another one.

Im wondering how to reduce my coco pH level to 6.0 , adding limestone to the coco or just flushing with lower ph water?

Last edited:
Reactions: RLB
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You buy a PH down and a meter or test strips or drops to test pH and adjust it, I use citric acid
already answered re: pH ^

You need to start feeding a balanced nutrient, not just the grow part. Time to do some reading, good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, currently with grow and with some cal-mag .
I think i need to feed my babies with some acidic water possible starting tomorrow. My pH meter just went haywire and its hard to calibrate it back. How do you use the ph drops , gotta youtube it. I'm having issue with my pH meter. Thought of buying another one.

Im wondering how to reduce my coco pH level to 6.0 , adding limestone to the coco or just flushing with lower ph water?
Limestone will raise PH. Peat will lower PH but (and im not a coco grower) I think PHing your feed is a better option in your mix and soil would be better for amendments. I could be wrong. RO water I believe should be used with these nutrients.

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Limestone will raise PH. Peat will lower PH but (and im not a coco grower) I think PHing your feed is a better option in your mix and soil would be better for amendments. I could be wrong. RO water I believe should be used with these nutrients.
Noted, will try to reduce the pH level of the watering tomorrow , will try to aim it for 5.8 and see how it goes.

R

RLB

Hi guys,

it's my going to be my second week if it hits 17 oct.
I just started to fed my plants some fertilizer with floral duo ghe grow , 500 ml per babies + few drops of calimag until it reaches 584 ppm

Soil coco : PH 7
60% coco + 30% perlite + 10 vermiculite

I'm a little concern with the yellowish color ? is it iron deficiency ?
I would like to get advise.

My 2 week old girls except the center plant, she's almost 1 week old. I start feeding mine at 1 week however I mix my formula watered down by 50% until they are 30 days old. PH 7 is to high for baby girls to thrive.

IMG 20191016 130610
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
From what I gathered this is a pure coco grow not ammended?

PH 5.8-6. No plain water feeds (that's up for debate but my suggestion). Nute it from the get go. 200-300ish ppm for seeds. 4th set of leaves 300-700ppm. You are treating this like a soil grow and it isnt. Just a heads up Vermiculite is something you prob don't want to use in coco. You want the coco to uniformly dry out and act like a sponge. Might get weird stuff happening with it.

GH Duo is a 2 part. A and B.

If you are using tap have you tested the water or have a local water report? If you are over a certain threshold 3 part would be better with hard water micro. Made for higher ppm tap water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom