HLG 200 RSpec or 320 Rspec FR for 2x3?

• Thread starter octane567
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

octane567

Sorry if this seems to be an obvious answer, but currently upgrading my 2x3 setup, and I have been in in a frenzy trying to figure out which HLG light I want to add to my 2x3.

I am concerned about the 320 Rspec FR being way too much for my 2x3, but love the spectrum compared to the 200 Rspec and would not mind getting a PAR meter to aide in throwing down as much light as possible without running too much of a risk for light burn.
The 200 Rspec does not feel like it would suffice in wattage for what my end goal is. It also doesn't have as much Deep Red as i'd like.

Any input/suggestions? Thanks for any and all help/Suggestions!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry if this seems to be an obvious answer, but currently upgrading my 2x3 setup, and I have been in in a frenzy trying to figure out which HLG light I want to add to my 2x3.

I am concerned about the 320 Rspec FR being way too much for my 2x3, but love the spectrum compared to the 200 Rspec and would not mind getting a PAR meter to aide in throwing down as much light as possible without running too much of a risk for light burn.
The 200 Rspec does not feel like it would suffice in wattage for what my end goal is. It also doesn't have as much Deep Red as i'd like.

Any input/suggestions? Thanks for any and all help/Suggestions!
Do the 320 and control the intensity

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

50+ watts/ft² is a ton of light. If you're in hydro and supplementing CO2, you can use most of it. If you're in media and not supplementing CO2, you'll be finishing with closer to half of it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

50+ watts/ft² is a ton of light. If you're in hydro and supplementing CO2, you can use most of it. If you're in media and not supplementing CO2, you'll be finishing with closer to half of it.
If not running at 100% will dial intensity back and increase efficiency imo

Top Bottom