Hlg 550 v2 r spec or the HLG-600H V2 R-Spec DIY Kit - 620 Watt

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont think he likes that the drivers are exposed and would like for them to be enclosed. But that requires a fan in there and I personally like the open concept. If it was cheap Chinese stuff, then I would be worried about fires but I think they are very safe as is.
ahhh... yeah i have no issue with how they are

Xan

Xan

Mine did....

Hlg does too. Are you sure your not talking kingbright or Chinese ones?
I ordered the 600 kit , few days ago . I have not heard anything but a confirmation email is this a reputable co.?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I ordered the 600 kit , few days ago . I have not heard anything but a confirmation email is this a reputable co.?
Yup just very busy... Your not the first to question it but you will get your order I wouldn't worry. Can give em a call or an email. When I got mine I don't think they were as busy so my experience was not the same.

Reactions: Xan
Xan

Xan

Yup just very busy... Your not the first to question it but you will get your order I wouldn't worry. Can give em a call or an email. When I got mine I don't think they were as busy so my experience was not the same.
I installed the dimmer , I used the purple and grey dim wires its seems to dim no matter the configurations of the 2 dimming wires which is purple + and grey -. Does this matter, I have the Grey - on the left of the pento knob and the purple +in the middle. They work either way , my concern is im not losing power in a certain config of the dimmer wires?

20191126 095141
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I installed the dimmer , I used the purple and grey dim wires its seems to dim no matter the configurations of the 2 dimming wires which is purple + and grey -. Does this matter, I have the Grey - on the left of the pento knob and the purple +in the middle. They work either way , my concern is im not losing power in a certain config of the dimmer wires?
Mine potentiometer came wired right into the ballast. I would just give em a call but I don't think it makes a difference.

Reactions: Xan
Xan

Xan

Mine potentiometer came wired right into the ballast. I would just give em a call but I don't think it makes a difference.
called them it dont matter. since you have the same light how should I start off seedlings with it , 36" height and at 50% power?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

called them it dont matter. since you have the same light how should I start off seedlings with it , 36" height and at 50% power?
Seedlings I start as low as it goes at about 3 feet. I use an app called light meter by "my mobile tools dev". 5k lux to start then a couple days after sprout I bump to 10k after a week 15k and bump it up about 7.5k a week from there. You can bump it up faster if ya like I have found that to be extremely safe and effective. You want about 45k after 2-3 weeks from sprout. Some will increase it faster but like I say it works for me.

MwSupremeGreen

MwSupremeGreen

Lolol you get what you pay for. Cheap China quantum boards are not quantum boards. They are knock offs. Alibaba is sketchy. They are made of subpar components. Boards are not sealed. Cheap heatsinks. Usually cheap diodes. Maybe get some decent ones but it's totally worth the extra to buy an hlg. Plus it actually comes with a warranty. I would never trust some crazy guy in China sitting in a warehouse pushing awful garbage products online all day. Most of cheap China lights are produced in the same places. They just use different cases and such. If you want a deal, goto eBay and buy a quantum board for a slight discount, already assembled (and like trash mind you) exposed wires and non sealed boards, and rebrandwd as some basement brand lighting company.

MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Lolol you get what you pay for. Cheap China quantum boards are not quantum boards. They are knock offs. Alibaba is sketchy. They are made of subpar components. Boards are not sealed. Cheap heatsinks. Usually cheap diodes. Maybe get some decent ones but it's totally worth the extra to buy an hlg. Plus it actually comes with a warranty. I would never trust some crazy guy in China sitting in a warehouse pushing awful garbage products online all day. Most of cheap China lights are produced in the same places. They just use different cases and such. If you want a deal, goto eBay and buy a quantum board for a slight discount, already assembled (and like trash mind you) exposed wires and non sealed boards, and rebrandwd as some basement brand lighting company.
I have purchased both types and I think HLG is way overpriced. The pre assembled chinese boards are done much cleaner than most people will do with the kit HLG gives you. The HLG wires are just as exposed and they are much thinner/cheaper also. Both yielded similar results and have lasted 8 month so far. The heatsink is much thinner but seems to serve its purpose. Cant speak on warranty because I have had no problems so far. Lead time/shipping is a bit of a problem but I think you can find them on Ebay for a little more but they are in the US already. You might have a better shot at getting warranty issues fixed with someone thru ebay too.

MwSupremeGreen

MwSupremeGreen

I have purchased both types and I think HLG is way overpriced. The pre assembled chinese boards are done much cleaner than most people will do with the kit HLG gives you. The HLG wires are just as exposed and they are much thinner/cheaper also. Both yielded similar results and have lasted 8 month so far. The heatsink is much thinner but seems to serve its purpose. Cant speak on warranty because I have had no problems so far. Lead time/shipping is a bit of a problem but I think you can find them on Ebay for a little more but they are in the US already. You might have a better shot at getting warranty issues fixed with someone thru ebay too.
Mayne the first gen was, but the new ones are thicker than the Chinese ones you get on eBay or alibaba. They might as well be just aluminum plate. You might have been lucky. Hlg are overpriced, but they are good. China doesn't even come with a warranty and the only ones that have exposed wires are diy kits and hobbyist models as they are not etl and ul certified most times. There are plenty of good lights you can buy in 700 dollar area that would outlive outperform any China board. You probably spent at least 450 to 500 in China boards. The extra money is worth it. I don't care if it's overpriced. You get warranties and stuff too. Once again, get what you pay for. Maybe if your on a budget, OK fine.. But 500 bucks after all said and done, ordering from many different websites, shopping, headaches, hassle of assembling and researching every board and manufacturer from China isn't exactly reliable either. After all that. Not worth it. Pay the extra money or wait until you have it if you don't already. If anything, go buy pcbs, individual leds and build your own. Only way to guarantee it will work properly without burning your house down, burning out diodes, burning out early, getting replacement etc etc etc. Not worth it to pay China. Sorry but no one ever convince me unless the prices drop significantly on leds. The markup really isn't that bad to buy a diy board or kit. Don't ever buy anything in retail unless on sale. It's a ripoff no matter who you buy from. Especially from China. Probably cost them 200 to make and sell for 500... Check the prices. They are only like 100 or 150 under currently and still have to pay shipping and import fees etc. And hope it doesn't come damaged.

MwSupremeGreen

MwSupremeGreen

And most of the time, big name companies overnight the parts to you if something breaks. If you only got a couple lights and half the board goes out, you might as well toss your whole run. China not gonna give you any replacement for at least a couple weeks. By then your plants are stumped or dead.

Top Bottom