HLG/Quantum Board Plant Stresses/Issues

• Thread starter TrumanBudbank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrumanBudbank

TrumanBudbank

Hello.

Just wanted to share this tidbit of information that may be helpful to those out there using HLG products or high intensity LEDs for grows.

I ran across a number of issues during that appeared to be nutrient/ph issues, but were a direct result ofmy high intensity lights

I’ll keep it short and sweet.

Noticed what appeared to be a calcium def, light bleaching, spikes leaves, some plants had red petioles, and some clawed although the quantum boards put out incredibly low heat.
All these demonstrations point to different issues, but you’ll be fighting a ghost if you’re looking no further than your Keith being the culprit.

for some reason, high intensity lights make the plants work harder and they consume calcium at a faster rate.

The red petioles aren’t per a lockout, but rather the plants defensive response to the light intensity.

to combat all of the aforementioned,
Utilize CALMAG at a higher dose from the very start of nute admin. Trust me.

Adding Silicone (Bulletproof Si)to watering sessions helped the plants withstand the HLG 260 v2 RSpec at 100% intensity @ close to 12” without a single sign of stress.

when me plant demonstrated the bleaching look. It was really an iron deficiency that’s common to plantsthat are also calcium/magnesium deficient. Kinda run hand in hand.

Adding an water soluble iron supplement cured that within a few days of absorption.

CALMAG
Silicone
Iron supplement

necessities if you’re using incredibly bright lights and help plant manage stress with ease.

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

Same. I found the same issue with my electric sky. Though it was a zinc deficiency, which is rare. I noticed the lime green 2 weeks after I flipped. Dimmer down to 1/2 -3/4 and cut the fertilizer in half for 2 weeks seemed to help. Also raised light to 36 inches. I'm in soil.

Kman

Kman

I have a veg closet with T5s and a flower tent with 2xES180s and theTransition between the two has been challenging. Thought I had deficiencies but pretty sure it’s light stress, that dimmer is essential with electric skies, at least in my case.

Top Bottom