HLG scorpion Diablo LED, suggestions?

• Thread starter TheCatDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCatDaddy

TheCatDaddy

So I need to pull the trigger, I’ve done too much reading and just keep getting different suggestions. Well I’d like one last post about it.

so I want a quality led for a 5x5. I was looking at refurbished HLG Diablo scorpion. I don’t want to over spend but I want top notch lights.
My buddy suggested the chilled 1000, suggestions?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If you can get the HLG Diablo Scorpion for a good price I would pull the trigger on that one straight away.

Arkos

Arkos

Photontek/lumatek Zeus 1000 has more even light distribution and you can use as few bars as you like, I love my Hlg but if I was buying now, Zeus 1000 all day.

Sorry for yet another option 😬

SourSmoke

SourSmoke

I picked up refurb scorpion and new scorpion and can’t tell the difference. Both look perfect. No scuffs or scratches.

Pileit

Pileit

Think I am going to try a few of these photontek 1000 pros. looked hard at the fohse as well. the fohse pull 1500 watts and cost about 2500 a pop the photontek 1000 pull a 1000 watts and cost 1525. Beleive this is worth trying, I wouldn't be able to run as many lights as we planned in this new room at 1500 watts a light. so many choices. led sure has come a long way in a short time.

Hokie_fan99

Hokie_fan99

I shopped around a bunch for a scorpion diablo before I pulled the trigger. The best price I could find was with growlightheaven.com, using coupon code HLG15. Brought it to just a couple hundred more than the refurbished models with the full 3 year warranty. I did also confirm with HLG they were an authorized retailer.

This is not a plug in any way, I still have yet to get mine (ordered it last Friday) but have tracking. I gain nothing from this post but just like to help out as I spent way too much time looking where to buy.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, here is how you decide.
Write down each choice in its own corner on a sheet of paper.
Take a coin close your eyes and toss it up. Where it lands is the light you buy.
All your choices are good ones. Roll the dice.

Bbonez

Bbonez

I paid $1259 for my 1st Diablo, $1119 for my 2nd one, & $1100 for my 3rd & 4th. My buddy bought all 5 of his at the same time got them for $1050 each. All prices included shipping and tax. If your interested on how to get a similar price, send me a message and I'll let you know.

B

Bjg

My question would be why are there so many 'refurbed' diablo units available? What went wrong with them all?

Top Bottom