Will a100w hlg out perform 150w hps.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
growsince79

growsince79

So I just got my new 100w hlg last night. I bought it hoping to lower the temperature in my closet.
The light is very bright and is cooler than my 150w hps in a sealed room.
In my closet with exhaust fan running the temperature is only one degree cooler than the hps.
I'm going to do a side by side experiment to see if this 100w little beast can outperform the hps.
I plan on doing a very short veg under 100w MH then when I flip I'll change to hlg -hps and the contest begins.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I just got my new 100w hlg last night. I bought it hoping to lower the temperature in my closet.
The light is very bright and is cooler than my 150w hps in a sealed room.
In my closet with exhaust fan running the temperature is only one degree cooler than the hps.
I'm going to do a side by side experiment to see if this 100w little beast can outperform the hps.
I plan on doing a very short veg under 100w MH then when I flip I'll change to hlg -hps and the contest begins.

They should be pretty equal in yield but i expect leafier squatter plants with the hlg.

What color temp board did you get (3500k?)

And what is the footprint being lit please?

Im in to watch!

growsince79

growsince79

They should be pretty equal in yield but i expect leafier squatter plants with the hlg.

What color temp board did you get (3500k?)

And what is the footprint being lit please?

Im in to watch!
I got the 3000k. Don't know if my new seeds will be any good. The mom was my avatar pic grown 12-12 from seed. The father is the grandfather.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got the 3000k. Don't know if my new seeds will be any good. The mom was my avatar pic grown 12-12 from seed. The father is the grandfather.

Should always do test side by sides with clones.

growsince79

growsince79

Should always do test side by sides with clones.
I know, and I will at some point. But this will still give an idea. I have purple chem seeds that I'll clone after this. I just couldn't wait to see what this new backcross does.

Top Bottom