HLG watt draw difference across the dimmers

• Thread starter Blastfact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

As some of you know I run dual 260 Rspecs and dual 350r’s in my tents. Yeah it’s over kill and that’s just the way I like it! I used a Kill-A-Watt and also a Fluke Amp Clamp and Multimeter with a ohms law calculator to double check the Kill-A-Watt meters readings and they are spot on. So mapping out the lights watt draw across the dimmera on the dual 260’s showed them to be very close between the two dimmers. But the 350r’s could be out as much as 20 watts between the two lights. Called HLG tech support and he agreed 20 watts was way to much. They consider 5 watts or so to be the max acceptable between two lights. I would have thought 7 or 8 watts. But I was told they really don’t like to see more then 5 watts. HLG mailed me out two new dimmers for the 350r’s and I should have them today. So in a day or so I will set down and meter out all four dimmers I have and find the best matched pair and install them. Should be able to get the 350r’s dialed in like the 260’s. I would do it tonight but it’s our anniversary so the wife and I will be out for a good Steak and a bit of fun tonight. HLG tech guy was wonderful to chat with and was glad a customer was getting down to the brass tacks about setting up and running there light. Here is a pic of what both lights are doing across the dimmers right now.

watt draw
watt draw1920×1488 153 KB

Blastfact

Blastfact

New Pots.

Pots

Top Bottom