Hobby Grower Here.

• Thread starter Nobu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nobu

Nobu

Hey guys and gals. I stumbled across this forum and started reading some of the content here and thought it was real good so I had to join.

I'm a hobby grower and I've been doing this for about 3 years now. I'm growing for quality and to try some different methods and mediums.

Right now I'm vegging a mom Choco Loco and a clone and some cuttings I took a few days ago under T5's. I'm flowering under a 400W and a 600W eye hortilux HPS lamps, Lumatech Ballasts with6" air cooled hoodsand an inline fan for venting. I'll be starting a grow journal shortly with pictures and regular updates. I'm also using Smart Naturals Happy Frog Soil in smart pots. I am also interested in DWC hydro.

Hope to make some new friends and share and grow as a member here.

Peace.
- Nobu

Nobu

Nobu

Post 112942 0 79831100 1431904658
Post 112942 0 26576900 1416795838

Cured Anesthesia from last season and a Choco loco.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Hey guys and gals. I stumbled across this forum and started reading some of the content here and thought it was real good so I had to join.

I'm a hobby grower and I've been doing this for about 3 years now. I'm growing for quality and to try some different methods and mediums.

Right now I'm vegging a mom Choco Loco and a clone and some cuttings I took a few days ago under T5's. I'm flowering under a 400W and a 600W eye hortilux HPS lamps, Lumatech Ballasts with6" air cooled hoodsand an inline fan for venting. I'll be starting a grow journal shortly with pictures and regular updates. I'm also using Smart Naturals Happy Frog Soil in smart pots. I am also interested in DWC hydro.

Hope to make some new friends and share and grow as a member here.

Peace.
- Nobu

Ill, whats up man im new here too. About to flower om my first indoor medical grow.

Hows the 400w 600w combo treating you? Any weird issues cause of that?

Nobu

Nobu

Hey gardnguyahoy, I've just about got it set up. Hung my hoods last week and sealing up the room so I haven't fired them up yet. I have two separate Lumatech ballasts running each light so I don't think the footprint will be too funky as they'll overlap a bit. I've heard of people using two 400 watts but I figure this will work just as well and some extra lumens. I'm probably going to run two or three dirt and four dwc and let them get big because I have more space. I was using just a 400w in a 3x3x7 tent but it got too hot along with other issues and I wanted to give em more space. I'll be starting a journal as soon as this weekend. I'm in an experimental phase kinda. Have done some dwc but that was with a buddy when I didn't know jack about growing but I've learned a lot and I do my research and I've had lots of expert help on another forum thats home to my original grow journals. I've produced some pretty dank herb in soil and gone through a lot of trial and error but I love this hobby and that's what keeps me going. Cheers!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

What's your light setup?
I was asking cause i got a 400w hps, but im looking to upgrade to a 600w and i couldnt figure out what id do with my 400w. Thats why this idea of running both really sparked my intrest.

Ive grown two plants outdoors before this setup. One turned out good, the other not so much... So this will really be the first test of my knowledge. About to flip. Excited.

New indoor venture, sick! You primarily grow outdoors before your tent? How long you been inside? I went through hell to keep the temps down with my 400w in my custom made 4x5x7tall grow space

You should check it out i finally got a good daily temp/humid going. Im eager to see some photos of the space you got goin on

Nobu

Nobu

I'm about to flip some chocoloco tonight. Been vegging the mom for quite awhile and a clone in happy frog I just transplanted to a 3g SP. I'm hoping to get some more gear soon - Old time Chemdog #4 and Cindy99 bc. Got a reship order of Holy Princess, Herijuana, and Kollossus. Hope they get here this time.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I'm about to flip some chocoloco tonight. Been vegging the mom for quite awhile and a clone in happy frog I just transplanted to a 3g SP. I'm hoping to get some more gear soon - Old time Chemdog #4 and Cindy99 bc. Got a reship order of Holy Princess, Herijuana, and Kollossus. Hope they get here this time.

I just decided to flip for my first time today. Im really excited to see how these girls look with flowers. Never seen em on the vine before

Keep us up to date, would love to check those out

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

No I veg all my clones and plants indoors under T5's. That outdoor is a guerilla grow.

Gnarly! So whats the status on the new room. Is it another tent? Or a custom made space? I vegged plants under my 400w hps and they thickened up quick, double thick stem within a couple weeks. Threw tons of foilage.

Gonna be poppin some beans soon? Glad to hear it. Im giving my first pop a shot right now too. 6 days in, they look great. Just snagged a photo
20150719 073110

Theyre either larry og tahoe og or sfv og. Mixed bag seeds. Really just experimenting, maybe see if i can get a decent pheno. Wont be too disappointed if i dont : )

Nobu

Nobu

Those babies are looking awesome even if they are bagseed. I don't have any beans right now except one I found that I am not sure what it is - but I should prob pop it, lol. I'm running clones off my chocoloco mother's for now. Really want to try some mosca gear - old time Chemdog #4 I've read good things about. Ran some White label Nortern Lights that turned out pretty good but I didn't keep clones so this is all I've got.

Hey, its a custom made space indeed. I was flowering in that 3x3x7 tent but I wanted to have a bigger space and heat was a prob in my tent. I think I about got it ready to flip these chocoloco into the flower room. Its about 756 ft³ and its an odd shape but it should work I think. I used a bunch of panda film and aluminum tape to make it into a flowering room. I'll also have more air circulation and more space to have six large plants or do a scrog. The possibilities really opened up, haha.

I started a grow journal in the grow diaries section and managed to upload a couple pics. I'll upload some more when I'm around the Wi-Fi. Lol my cell service sucks way out in the woods.

That's a good idea to use the 400 to veg. I'm vegging with some T5's and daylight energy saving type bulbs in those round reflectors with clamps but now that you said that I think I'll order a mh 250w for vegging. Id like them to get bushier and not as stretchy but you gotta use what you have when your on a budget, haha.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Hi mate welcome , I imagine to get an even growth Ull need to constantly rotate the plants , cause I'd rekon the ones under the 600 edge zone will out grow the others . Unless one is a vert. Respect

Nobu

Nobu

Hi mate welcome , I imagine to get an even growth Ull need to constantly rotate the plants , cause I'd rekon the ones under the 600 edge zone will out grow the others . Unless one is a vert. Respect

Good thought, I might upgrade to another 600 to have even light distribution. Hadn't really thought of that. Thanks.

Nobu

Nobu

@Ned Kelly They are dimmable ballasts so I could run it on 400 to get more even canopies.

@gardnguyahoy I'll just be using my tent to veg and see how this new space works for flowering.

Top Bottom