HOLA! give a newbie advice thread.

• Thread starter 4everhigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

4everhigh

hello new farmer friends! this is going to be my first real attempt at cannabis cultivation for personal use. i did a test grow few weeks ago now experimenting with hydroponic options and soil at the same time. after reading much about how difficult it is to master nutrient levels for feeding, i decided to go with soil for the full on attempt at growing for this first time. but still want to do the dro.
i have been doing nothing but reading these past few weeks, along with doing in some occasions, about the many ways to properly germ, grow, flower, and maintain a healthly cannabis crop throughout its entire growth cycle. everything i can get my hands on, i try to absorb as much information as i can. with that said here are my plans for my upcoming grow:
6 4' flouresent t12(4x 3000k spectrum, 2x 6500k spectrum bulbs) for early seedling and vegative growth stages
400 watt HPS hid lighting setup for mid vegative growth and flowering periods
4x4x6' grow tent
simple exhaust setup with 2(in/out) inline fans and ducting, along with clip on 3speed fan
for the actual type of grow i will do, im torn. i personaly would like to do 5 gallon bucket simple bubbler setups, but the feedings and dealing with the Ph kinda gets me. or im looking to do a Fox Farm organic soil grow using their Ocean Forest potting soil mix. along with their grow big, big bloom, and tiger soil nutes down the line. im leaning towards this way simply because from what i have read its easy dealing with Ph(hardly dealing with at all), and theres no need to add nute until atleast a month of the plant growing in the soil due to the amount of organic fert already abundent in the soil.
i am going to be doing LOWRYDER Purple Jems acquiring the seeds from the attitude. because of the fact they will remain small and somewhat fool proof i feel like when it comes to each of the periods of growth. plus a 2.5 month long grow seed to harvest cant hurt either. im going to plant the entire pack of 10 and just grow them out keeping males and females together. my goal here is to let them fuck eachother so im able to get all the seeds from the pollinated bud so i can grow the same type again and store seeds. im not worried about the seeds in the bud, since im doing this for personal use, and would like to develop a personal seed bank if you will. second grow, it will be pure sinsemilla of the same lowryder purple jems if all goes well in the first grow.
now saying i get 100% germ rate and all make it(cross fingers), would i be able to let them grow start to finish in 5" square pots. so that would be 10 5" square pots in a 4'x4' grow room. i have read the lowryders dont need much container room. is this at all true? im just trying to get as much in there with the little space i have. when also attempting a SOG grow. correct me if thats not what i will be accomplishing here.
my other option is the hydro bubblers. my idea with that was putting 3 4" net cups in each of the buckets to minimize space taken up. again it comes back to the fact that i read that they dont need much pot room. plus with the net cups all the roots will go into the 5 gallon bucket anyway. however, experimenting with a hydro grow on my current experimental grow, i feel i was having issues with over fert, and or Ph problems. i was using the BC techanflora grow boost bloom ferts, along with thrive alive red, calmag, and root 66.
i would really prefer to do the bubblers, but im thinking the soil will be my best bet. i plan on making a custom PVC pot drainage system for the soil if i go that route. any feedback is welcomed and needed. thanks so much. i will start a grow thread of the LOWRYDER purple jems when i get the beans and start. on that note, i did make a seed order from everyonedoesit.com after many many orders from them, thought it would be safe to go for a seed order. it was confiscated by US customs and i got that dreded letter. i was pretty nervous when i got that note feeling like im on their radar now because i had it shipped to my name to my house. dumb i know but from all the people that i have heard ordering from UK, didnt think i would have an issue. anything going to come from the 'no further correspondence' letter i got? also is The Attitude a good seedbank to use to ship to the US? i was going to get their tshit and candy sweets stealth options. i figured if i doubled it up gives me better chance of not getting a letter again.
thanks so much and sorry for all the type for my first post. NOOOOB. lol thanks guys!

here are two of my surviving bagseed experimental grow plants. they are still currently under the 6 floros on 24/0. i had 5 more plants but they all showed signs of severe stress and mutation so they are all just in a huge planter outside just doing their own thing. i only add water.
thanks again

Hola give a newbie advice thread
Hola give a newbie advice thread 2
Hola give a newbie advice thread 3
Hola give a newbie advice thread 4

Latest posts

Top Bottom