Hola Muchachos!

• Thread starter brotherfrombelgium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Hi everyone, and thank you to THC Farmer for this forum.

Just introducing myself, i haven't grown in awhile and have recently dipped my toes back into the sea of green.

So i thought seeing as its been awhile i thought it would be a great idea to join a forum to get some ideas and find some better ways to grow, for i know there is ALWAYS someone better and more knowledgeable than me. :P

Although i love growing hydro i love to grow outdoors also.

At the moment I'm growing a feminized White Widow and a Purple Erkel mother plant for clones.

Mrs.Erkel was a seed found from a bag last year so held onto it and so far so good, grows very differently than White Widow, not as bushy so will be interesting to see how she goes for I've never grown Purple Erkel before.

I grow using RDWC with 50L totes and just using CFL's at the moment, but I'm about to step into the world of LED's.

When i saw i can get an LED light which replaces a 600W and only draws around 200W and can be daisy chained i was sold.

Anyway i hope your all well seeing as the world is losing the plot right now, thanks for having me and see you next time!

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Mahalo for Sharing and Welcome to the FARM and Welcome Back to the Growing Community too! 👍 😎 Make yourself comfy, surf around the forum and check out other Member's grow logs, etc. and start a grow log of your own here too, if you haven't yet...👍

Do you have pics? 🤔🙃😎

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hi everyone, and thank you to THC Farmer for this forum.

Just introducing myself, i haven't grown in awhile and have recently dipped my toes back into the sea of green.

So i thought seeing as its been awhile i thought it would be a great idea to join a forum to get some ideas and find some better ways to grow, for i know there is ALWAYS someone better and more knowledgeable than me. :P

Although i love growing hydro i love to grow outdoors also.

At the moment I'm growing a feminized White Widow and a Purple Erkel mother plant for clones.

Mrs.Erkel was a seed found from a bag last year so held onto it and so far so good, grows very differently than White Widow, not as bushy so will be interesting to see how she goes for I've never grown Purple Erkel before.

I grow using RDWC with 50L totes and just using CFL's at the moment, but I'm about to step into the world of LED's.

When i saw i can get an LED light which replaces a 600W and only draws around 200W and can be daisy chained i was sold.

Anyway i hope your all well seeing as the world is losing the plot right now, thanks for having me and see you next time!
Welcome to the farm!

Be careful with advertiser claims. You'll be better off choosing your LED light by it's measure-able light output. How many umols does this light have?

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I actually added pics so not sure what happened to them..

Umols are 1685@12" which is where the light is hovering now.

It's great to have a decent light now, I'll add pics of it once it switches on again, but the heat isn't too bad from it for it only has heat sinks.

It replaces a 500W-600W HPS.

There was an instant reaction from the White Widow, it seems to like the new light.

I couldn't edit my first post so will just add the pics here.

EDIT-
This is Purple Erkel before it went under the brigher and whiter CFL.

This is the White Widow, as mentioned above both are mother plants.

Last edited:
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Here is a pic of my new LED light.

Mrs.Widow has been under the LED for 4 days now.

After 4 days i can see the difference, very happy with the new light. :)
This would look much larger but i have trimmed some very large fan leaves off her to allow a little more light and air flow below.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Right On...Mahalo for Sharing Your Cool Pics, Your Grow looks Pretty Good, Keep Up the Awesome job and Best of Luck! 👍 ✌️😎

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Right On...Mahalo for Sharing Your Cool Pics, Your Grow looks Pretty Good, Keep Up the Awesome job and Best of Luck! 👍 ✌️😎
Thanks very much amigo. :)

Bought some new nutes for the girls, it's a coca cola color, no A&B so looking forward to trying that and feeding that to Mrs Erkel tonight.

Speaking of which here's a pic of Mrs.Erkel after 5 days under the different CFL globe, big difference from it.
Scroll back to the top of this post to see the difference. :)
That First pic you can see most of the tote lid.

facebook photo download app

Last edited:
Top Bottom