HOLY SMOKES THUNDER BUD Vs THUNDERBUD HAZE

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Hello this is my first time doing a thread on my grow.iv currently got a thunderbud and a thunderbud haze on the go in canna pro+ in6 ltr pots under a 600 w hps with air cooled hood.they are both at eight weeks of flower.thunderbud is a cross of purpl urkle x pineapple funk.thunderbud haze is thunderbud x strawberry rez,x strawberry rez x purple haze.when the plants were in veg the TB was more vigorous than the TBhaze with a far more sativa look aswell.the TBhaze looks far more indica which surprised me coz its supposed to be a haze x.i wasnt sure what strawberry rez was but after growing it out it has to be strawberry deisel from resevior seeds as it really has the deisel smell.heres a few pics of thunderbud haze bellow.i dont have any thunderbud pics just now.the Tbh stayed short and stocky with thick,wide dark green leaves and superb rock hard buds and a lovely deisely smell.so far not the most resinous strain iv grown but it is still a great strain so far.the thunder bud has less rockhard flowers but thesmell..wow.in week6/7 she had a strange mix of sweet/fruity with a smell that reminded me of cow shit no joke.its gonni be some repugnant dank shit.they both only hav a week or so before chop so i will be back for the final harvest and of course the smoke report with my final judgement on the overall winner.heres some thunderbud haze in the meantime.
Holy smokes thunder bud vs thunderbud haze 3
Holy smokes thunder bud vs thunderbud haze 4
Holy smokes thunder bud vs thunderbud haze

Holy smokes thunder bud vs thunderbud haze 2
H

happy b

Cheers little dabbie your my first ever reply!i was eyeing up both these strains wasnt sure which one to go for then BOOM,theyr on attitude buy 6 x thunderbud fem get 6 x thunderbud haze free!that simpified the matter very nicely i thought.lol.

H

happy b

Cheers 76.i live in the uk so i cant just talk to people i know about my grows as telling people what your doing can lead to big trouble.thers no one i kno now growing were i live as my freind got busted with8x super lemon haze and 9x the kali and a few freebies.he didnt get into that much trouble but they took all his equipment which is bloody terrible(+half the grow equipment was stuff he borrowed from me)but atleast he didnt get time.
its good to be able to come on here for a chat with likeminded people.

H

happy b

Heres the THUNDERBUD at 8weeks flw
20141027 011448
20141027 011601
20141027 011250
I must say that these pics dont really do her justice.although i prefer the structure of the tbhaze.the thunderbud on its own smells DYNAMITE as i would expect from a good urkle cross.the branches are a tiny bit viney though,but thats not really a big problem.the pineapple funk that was used as a pollen doner has really added a lot of vigor to the notoriously slow growing urkle,and a good bit of sativa too.the pineapple funk is a cross of flying duchmans real mcoy with hawiian pine which makes it a more or less pure hawiian.it makes an amazing partner to the purple urkle cutting.so far thunderbud just pips the thunderbud haze with its smell.i just hope it carries through to the final smoke.we will see.

H

happy b

Thats the thunderbud been chopped at 65 days,which was more or less the time frame given on the holy smoke website.during flowering the smells of the thunderbud where amazing,im not the greatest at describing smells and the TB has a very hard to describe smell but here goes..at week5/6 it had a kind of sweet fruity smell but not really much like the sweet urkle smell that smells like a pack of kids sweets or something.it also had a faint smell that reminded me of cow shit on a farm,but that dissappeared at around week7 to be replaced by a kind of sickly sweet rotten smell that reminded me of vomit.the sweet fruity smell was there throughout.i know some of these descriptions dont sound to good but this plant is dank.not the greatest yeilder and the buds were a little leafy,although all these bud leaves had anice coating of crystals.just waiting for it to dry and then i can weigh it and get a much looked forward to test smoke.
i had a look at the Thunderbud haze,s crystals under my x 60 microscope but the resin glands were just starting to turn milky.im going to leave it untill the glands are starting to turn amber,which shouldnt take long.a week max i would say.
THUNDERBUD AT CHOP DAY65
20141029 234230
20141029 195157
20141029 194139
I,ll post a few pics of the Thunderbud haze at chop down time when it comes.

H

happy b

20141104 213255
Hey everyone,on day 69 of flower the thunderbud hazes trichomes were just starting to turn amber.i dont like too much "couch lock" prefering to be "high" rather than "stoned" so out came the trimming scissors.the thunderbud haze(TBH)was a breeze to trim compared to the thunderbud(TB).the nugs on the TBH were pretty fat and extremely dense with a very high calyx to leaf ratio.the leaves that it did have around the buds wernt very resinous.its one of those strains that,although the buds are dripping with resin,the leaves dont really get as crystaly as some plants.this in no way means TBH doesnt hav LOADS of crystals on her flowers just not much on the leaves.the leaves are thick,wide and gnarly as hell and tells me that although its called thunderbud haze and its a purple haze cross it doesnt really have much haze in it atall!i would guess that its got no more than 20% sativa in its genes.if that.the smell coming of her is loveley!iv never actually grown out a pure deisel variety,only crosses and thats what it smells like..deisel.it smells similar to a ny deisel leaning pheno of big buddahs cheisel that i had but without the smell of the cheese.i had looked at the lineage of TBH and it says its mainly"strawberry rez" but i wasnt sure what that was and couldnt find any other reference to that strain anywere.but after growing it out i can only conclude that "strawberry rez" is simply strawberry deisel from resevior seeds.so far i prefer the plant and bud structure of the TBH and the dank fruity smell of the straight"thunderbud".i will report back with final dry weights and a smoke report with my final judgement on the overall winner.so far its pretty close as ther are traits i like on both so its really all coming down to the smoke.i can hardly wait!heres some Thunderbud haze at chop on day 69.
20141104 212852
20141104 213730
20141104 213632

Last edited by a moderator:
H

happy b

Cheers dabbie,my grow room temps are pretty low at lights out and thats brought the colors out niceley.this comparison is done with only one seed from each pack,iv still got 5fems of each.im really looking for an urkle leaning pheno from the thunderbud but im sure theyl be some gems in the thunderbud haze.it kinda annoys me that its called haze when it clearly isnt.names are important as you can usually get an idea of size,speed of bloom,taste and high from a varieties name.if i had bought these seeds looking for and wanting haze i would hav been pretty pissed.there are loads of growers out ther who will only smoke mainly sativas and wouldv felt let down buying mainly indica seeds that are labelled haze.but thats my only issue with either of these strains.

H

happy b

Dabbie i see a load of your threads on the news but iv not saw one of your grow journals,do you have one?if so gimme directions to it.cheers buddy.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Dabbie i see a load of your threads on the news but iv not saw one of your grow journals,do you have one?if so gimme directions to it.cheers buddy.

No, sorry im not a grower :D Just a patient who smokes alot.. My brother is my caregiver so i grow vicariously thru him and the rest of the farmers here :D

Learning alot for the day i may grow my self :D

I mostly make Bho thats my big thing i guess :D ( not really a big thing anyone can do it lol )

H

happy b

Yes but not everyone can do it GOOD!thats the difference my freind.i made a bach of bho a few weeks back but i had to use a honeybee extractor and i dont think it was very effectiv at separating ALL the crystals.i wasnt sure how much butane to use either and i only had three tins which wasnt enuff.is ther no safe way you kno of to be able to soak the leaf material in the butane for a longer period before it goes through the filter paper into your dish?i just felt that you could do it better with less gas if,say,you could close up the holes the resinous butane comes out of for just a few seconds then open it and let the butane/oil out after its sat in the butane for longer therfore making it easier for the resin to dissolve into the butane.but im no expert on it and hav only did it a few times.how much butane would You use to extract,say an oz of good trim?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yes but not everyone can do it GOOD!thats the difference my freind.i made a bach of bho a few weeks back but i had to use a honeybee extractor and i dont think it was very effectiv at separating ALL the crystals.i wasnt sure how much butane to use either and i only had three tins which wasnt enuff.is ther no safe way you kno of to be able to soak the leaf material in the butane for a longer period before it goes through the filter paper into your dish?i just felt that you could do it better with less gas if,say,you could close up the holes the resinous butane comes out of for just a few seconds then open it and let the butane/oil out after its sat in the butane for longer therfore making it easier for the resin to dissolve into the butane.but im no expert on it and hav only did it a few times.how much butane would You use to extract,say an oz of good trim?

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/how-to-make-absolute-shatter-using-a-thermos.63788/

^^ Great thread on how to soak your material with butane :D

I personally don't soak, have done it in the past but its just more effort then im willing to put in, Also the honey bee is sort of a peace of shit, I would suggest upgrading to aircraft grade aluminum can be found on ebay or extractionexperts.com (there a bit pricey tho) shop around and stay away from glass extractors!!!!!!!!!!!! They will break eventually and you will get hurt.

H

happy b

Haha we,r jumping back and forward from my thread to yours.yeah id kinda worked out the honey bee was kinda shite.ther was loads of broke off resin heads on the inside of the filter and the material looked as though it still had resin on it,is that supposed to be like that?the return i got was piss,i was pretty disapointed.i kept the used leaf material,do you think it would be worth running it through my bubble bags with the rest of my unused trim?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Haha we,r jumping back and forward from my thread to yours.yeah id kinda worked out the honey bee was kinda shite.ther was loads of broke off resin heads on the inside of the filter and the material looked as though it still had resin on it,is that supposed to be like that?the return i got was piss,i was pretty disapointed.i kept the used leaf material,do you think it would be worth running it through my bubble bags with the rest of my unused trim?

Yeah the material will still have the glad stalks attached but those only hold trace amounts of cannabanoids once its been ran once, But in your case id run it again tho this time soaking it.. You can even use a mason jar with a cpl holes drilled in the top 2 for pressure 1 to dump in the tane, then filter that thru a cpl coffee filters ( a metal mesh 25micron screen or even a 25 micron bubble bag would be better to filter it tho )

But i wouldn't run it thru bubble bags as water hash the yield wouldn't justify the work youd put into it.

H

happy b

Thanks for the insight dabbie,really appreciate you taking the time to answer my daft questions.cheers buddy.aaww!its pissing with rain outside and iv gotta walk up and pick up my daughter from school.i dunno why im suprised its pissing,it is scotland aftet all.

Top Bottom