Home Appraisal SF Bay Area Information?

• Thread starter trinityalps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trinityalps

trinityalps

Hi All,
I need to refinance my house asap while rates are low and need to have an appraisal done. Problem is I'm in the middle of a flower period 14 plants under 2k of lights. I'm a legal California med user with 2 additional scripts, so we're way under even the state's limit. I'm concerned that the appraiser will report it back to the lender. I'd like to hire someone to do the appraisal who is sympathetic to our cause.

Does anyone out there have experience with this?

--Trinity

L

Lost

90 % of banks are using only in-house appraisers because of abuses during the boom. Good luck.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi All,
I need to refinance my house asap while rates are low and need to have an appraisal done. Problem is I'm in the middle of a flower period 14 plants under 2k of lights. I'm a legal California med user with 2 additional scripts, so we're way under even the state's limit. I'm concerned that the appraiser will report it back to the lender. I'd like to hire someone to do the appraisal who is sympathetic to our cause.

Does anyone out there have experience with this?

--Trinity
I have experience with an insurance adjuster/inspector coming out to our newly built home, which he had to inspect, while we had our tenant living there. I could have throttled the tenant when he told me what he did (we knew he grew, we didn't know he'd trash our house) and how he left his bong and all kinds of stuff out, but didn't let the adjuster/inspector into his grow room. The adjuster didn't breathe a word of it to me, the homeowner! (He didn't know that I knew.)

There is NO reason for the appraiser to have anything to say to your lender about whether or not you're growing. And if they do? You are the homeowner, so the bank doesn't need to worry about you trashing their property.

trinityalps

trinityalps

Good ideas all.

I actually called a local appraiser last night and he laughed and said I've seen everything including big grows in houses he was appraising. He said he wouldn't bother reporting anything but terrorist activities and that's required by law. His advice was like yours Seamaiden.... put all the stuff in one room and tell them your roommate works nights and he's asleep so don't go in there. Thanks for your input.

Trinity

Top Bottom